Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Was in farmleigh today which was deserted in the main.
    I lay under a bush to keep cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Hang in, I am crunching numbers from that chart of El Nino and La Nina seasons.

Results at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

The only significant departures from average that show up in an analysis of these groups would be strong La Nina events. These events are followed by about two years of warmer than average weather (1-2 C deg).

The weak La Nina cases that include this year show up very slightly above the average of the whole data set (by about 0.1 C) but that is not a significant departure over 150 years of data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Three degrees warmer at 10 am than yesterday - 21.2 now. Same as Saturday's peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Reckon 27 will be hit today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

19C here near Tralee, not a cloud in the sky!

KnXsfcC.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

19C here near Tralee, not a cloud in the sky!

KnXsfcC.jpg?1

Wonderful pic Meteorite58!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Similar here in Loughlinstown, Co Dublin :

420155.jpg

Lovely stuff.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dissapointing so far today here, mixture of cloud and fog and temps held back to 15C. Hopefully will burn away soon!

Gonzo wrote: »
    dissapointing so far today here, mixture of cloud and fog and temps held back to 15C. Hopefully will burn away soon!

I'm sure it will. No cloud in sight here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm sure it will. No cloud in sight here.

sun just appeared here now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Yet another horrible cold, wet day with heavy mist in Donegal, can barely see across the street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭squarecircles

FAKE news,(shush,careful now,we're not aloud complain...)

Yet another horrible cold, wet day with heavy mist in Donegal, can barely see across the street

"wet" day :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wall to wall sunshine here for us Wexicans.Temps in the mid twenties away from the coast.

"wet" day :confused:

Yup, heavy misty drizzle all day

Yup, heavy misty drizzle all day

Ok, I was just questioning your post because there is no precipitation at all on the radar in the northwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ok, I was just questioning your post because there is no precipitation at all on the radar in the northwest.

Many's the time I've visited relatives in Coolaney in Sligo to marvel at the almost non existent phone signal, and the non existent radar rainfall despite what my eyes and wet coat were telling me (no signal inside the house).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

The met radar doesn't have the range to cover NW Donegal, unless there's really heavy rain then it usually doesn't show anything. The Netweather map which includes the Castor Bay radar in NI gives a much better picture of reality.

Ideally we'd have a third radar somewhere like Belmullet or Knock but with the met's current budget that won't be happening any time soon

Misty drizzle rarely gets picked up either way though, I'm guessing because of the size of the droplets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Max temp at 15:00 is 25 at Oak Park in Carlow. Phoenix Park near me is 24. That seems about right, the temps seem a shade down on yesterday. Most place are low 20s.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 23.8C here near Tralee, 22.8C atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

This warm weather in Dublin combined with it being miserable in Donegal and Mayo is making me so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,160 ✭✭✭✭km79

This warm weather in Dublin combined with it being miserable in Donegal and Mayo is making me so happy
    Pretty sad way to look at life
    I'm delighted with the good weather but fell sorry for the poor auld souls stuck in grey drizzle
    I've been there before and it's misery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

I'm in Dublin and I wish this weather could be nationwide. It's crap to miss out whilst the rest of the country swelters. Maybe you're joking, but if not, how very mean-spirited.

Max temps unchanged at 16:00. Think that it might just about hit 26 somewhere.

Fabuloso day though. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Currently in Cork city. 24c since 3:00. Lovely evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

I'm a dub and don't worry we're not all like the above.

Would be so much better if the whole country was enjoying the sunshine :-)

MOD NOTE : Part of post deleted , please pay heed to the Forum / Weather Charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

25.6c presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Dont feel too bad donegal person,Collectively,as a nation,will all be in the same boat by Thursday,looking on enviously at southern England sweltering in plus 30 degrees,when the piss misery has returned here for the fore-seeable future.

Days like this in Ireland are rare and magic,I can almost imagine it.
    I hope everyone enjoys it.

Dont feel too bad donegal person,Collectively,as a nation,will all be in the same boat by Thursday,looking on enviously at southern England sweltering in plus 30 degrees,when the piss misery has returned here.

Days like this in Ireland are rare and magic,I can almost imagine it.
    I hope everyone enjoys it.

I definitely wouldn't. I'd hate to have 30+ degrees.

• Advertisement

another beautifull day but temps defo slightly down on yesterday here, high of 23C here today so far, got close to 27C yesterday.

Advertisement