Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW IX - Valentines Day Massacre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Morning folks. Read up to date now. Hopefully I can get on at lunch.

Not sure what to make of tigger going for Sully yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sullivlo wrote: »
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    It's unlikely that if the 2 of them ARE wolves that they'd both be stupid enough to call you out simultaneously in the thread.

Lol. Hungover Molly. I was making a funny. A baseless accusation similar to qb and tigs accusations of me.

NOTHING is funny when I'm hungover. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Is the sully thing just over 1 post?

Yes.

It was just such an odd thing for Sully to say. It'd have made sense to say it after 10am while we argue over who to lynch: "There's nothing to go on and it ends up with a bit of chaos". But it's very suspicious to me for her to say that on first night. Because on first night, wolves do have to decide who to munch, with very little to go on (role hunting is difficult as nobody's said much yet).

I don't always agree with Tigger's judgements. But here I think he and I spotted the same thing.

Of course, Sully could absolutley be innocent and her quote just a slip of the tongue, so to speak. But, unless something better comes along, she'll be who I vote for in tonight's lynch (if she, and I are still alive after 10am, that is).

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Juliet: Starts the game not knowing, but searching for her love, Romeo. She has three peeks which can be taken at anytime in the first two days during daytime only. She has a backroom where she can ask “is x Romeo” and she will receive a yes or a no answer only. If she succeeds in finding him (or he her) Romeo and Juliet become a couple and share a backroom to strategise.

If they do not succeed in finding their lover they will continue the game as villagers. Should they find each other they shall receive a vile of poison to be used in the game.

Maybe it's cos I'm still hungover or maybe it's coz I didn't sleep well last night but can I just point out that it's a VIAL of potion.

Sorry mods. Great game. Big loves. Don't modkill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

morning folks. apologies for the lack of participation yesterday. was dying a death. end up wasting a valuable day off work hungover in bed.

anyway, it'll be lunch before i can make any meaningful contributions, provided i dont get the deadener this morning.

• Advertisement

Morning folks. Read up to date now. Hopefully I can get on at lunch.

Not sure what to make of tigger going for Sully yet.

Good luck on your first day, MrsF!

I'm not hungover :(

Chance would be a fine thing. Spent my weekend training, so two 70km cycles.

I hate first night. There's nothing to go on and it ends up with a bit of chaos :p

heres sully's post that got raised some suspicions.

the question? did sully mistakenly think there was to be a lynch last night, or a wolf playing dumb?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yes.

It was just such an odd thing for Sully to say. It'd have made sense to say it after 10am while we argue over who to lynch: "There's nothing to go on and it ends up with a bit of chaos". But it's very suspicious to me for her to say that on first night. Because on first night, wolves do have to decide who to munch, with very little to go on (role hunting is difficult as nobody's said much yet).

I don't always agree with Tigger's judgements. But here I think he and I spotted the same thing.

Of course, Sully could absolutley be innocent and her quote just a slip of the tongue, so to speak. But, unless something better comes along, she'll be who I vote for in tonight's lynch (if she, and I are still alive after 10am, that is).

That's exactly what it was. I meant it in terms of the first day/first few game phases rather than anything else. I was exhausted last night after cycling and some RL stuff so i just typed the first thing that came into my head, forgetting that everything here is analysed beyond belief.

Mea culpa. If my mistake puts me forward for lynch, then I guess I gotta take my punishment.

But I will just plead ignorance on this one. Whether you choose to believe me or just jump on the tigger bandwagon, that's up to you.

But I will remind you all of Tiggers previous nightmares. All of this "I won the last game" is just detracting from the game. To me it's almost as if he is trying to hide something by putting attention onto someone else.

That's exactly what it was. I meant it in terms of the first day/first few game phases rather than anything else. I was exhausted last night after cycling and some RL stuff so i just typed the first thing that came into my head, forgetting that everything here is analysed beyond belief.

Mea culpa. If my mistake puts me forward for lynch, then I guess I gotta take my punishment.

But I will just plead ignorance on this one. Whether you choose to believe me or just jump on the tigger bandwagon, that's up to you.

But I will remind you all of Tiggers previous nightmares. All of this "I won the last game" is just detracting from the game. To me it's almost as if he is trying to hide something by putting attention onto someone else.

that also crossed my mind

I'm not on a Tigger bandwagon and I never am. If he calls out somebody and I don't see the evidence then I don't follow him, or ask for evidence first. But he and I spotted a potential wolfy post at the same time. Maybe he's on my bandwagon :)

We'll see what munch brings, and you never know what else might crop up during the day. A slip of the tongue can often produce hidden truths though, so I'm not close to convinced of your innocence yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Barney92 wrote: »
    To be fair to Tigger, he has on occasion been spot on in his assessments. However, he does accuse enough people to hit a lot of wolves, whilst also making a few errors. So I'm not sure protecting him is the best bet. Although that's up for the bodyguard to decide.

This is kinda my thoughts too. Combined with the feeling of him trying to hide something. You could almost set your watch by tigger these days. Two guaranteed events:
    - wanting protection
    - random accusations

I'm not on a Tigger bandwagon and I never am. If he calls out somebody and I don't see the evidence then I don't follow him, or ask for evidence first. But he and I spotted a potential wolfy post at the same time. Maybe he's on my bandwagon :)

We'll see what munch brings, and you never know what else might crop up during the day. A slip of the tongue can often produce hidden truths though, so I'm not close to convinced of your innocence yet.

Tbh I think it's right that we have our suspicions. You're a great player, I'd be suspicious if you just immediately changed your mind on me with half the players yet to post. A healthy level of suspicion makes for a good game.

But hopefully we both survive the munch and we can all spend the day throwing baseless accusations at each other :)

But hopefully we both survive the munch and we can all spend the day throwing baseless accusations at each other :)

Deal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Morning all! Just managed to catch up on my walk to work. Walked into 3 people and a plant.

Don't really have a read on anyone (as usual). The only thing that had occurred to me was Tigs possibly trying to get attention off himself... Though he confuses me so much it'd be impossible to get anything solid there!

The theory about Sully referring to chaos that clear;y doesn't exist yet in the thread makes sense. Never would've come up with that myself. But I find it hard to read too much into anything so early in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Hey sully, i went back over your posts so far. One other post sticks out as suspicious
    Hey everyone! Great game ahead of us it would seem :)

Don't think there's a lynch tonight. First death is the overnight munch.

I loved Romeo and Juliet in school <3

The bold bit is whats strange. It could be innocent but odd or it could be a message for someone. And yes i know its risky pointing this out given certain possibilities but right now i figure we might have a good shot at either nailing a key baddie or establishing a strong base for little effort
    so worth it on balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

As the sun rose over the beautiful city of Verona, residents turned on the news with trepidation. The city had been plagued with running gun battles between those loyal to the Montagues and Capulets, not to mention the rise in recent killings rumoured to be linked to a serial killer on the lose. But this morning there was no news of grim death, only glad tidings from the news reports.

The villagers breathed a temporary sigh of relief, at least today things were good, but make no mistake, plans are afoot, and villains in dark clothing are skulking around gathering intel.

So no munch???

Very odd!

As the sun rose over the beautiful city of Verona, residents turned on the news with trepidation. The city had been plagued with running gun battles between those loyal to the Montagues and Capulets, not to mention the rise in recent killings rumoured to be linked to a serial killer on the lose. But this morning there was no news of grim death, only glad tidings from the news reports.

The villagers breathed a temporary sigh of relief, at least today things were good, but make no mistake, plans are afoot, and villains in dark clothing are skulking around gathering intel.
    I assume the SK won the kill rights and took a seer peek?

So they tried to munch one of their own who hadn't revealed their identity yet? (What happened in the last game)

The wolves are the people who haven't posted yet and didn't see the challenge?

Or nobody won the challenge?

Or... what are they options here?

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »

Maybe. Though they get three daytime peeks anyway, so would they really forfeit their nighttime chance at a kill for a nighttime peek?

What what? No munch! Is this 2 games in a row now the evil teams have ****ed up a first munch? Or was this always the mod plan? Either way - Nice one!

I understood the nighttime peek was only after they found each other?

And the daytime peeks were only is X roslaine/paris - no other useful info
    Maybe. Though they get three daytime peeks anyway, so would they really forfeit their nighttime chance at a kill for a nighttime peek?

Hey sully, i went back over your posts so far. One other post sticks out as suspicious

The bold bit is whats strange. It could be innocent but odd or it could be a message for someone. And yes i know its risky pointing this out given certain possibilities but right now i figure we might have a good shot at either nailing a key baddie or establishing a strong base for little effort
    so worth it on balance.

Nah I genuinely did love the play. Had such a culture shock though when we did Macbeth for the leaving cert.

Wow I totally missed that in the OP. Very odd move.

Mod Announcement

Dear citizens of Verona
    We would like to remind you all of the no edit rule in the game. This rule includes the deletion of posts. As you know the rule exists to ensure the integrity and fairness of the game.

There has been a minor infraction in this game. We have reviewed the content of the post in question and we are satisfied that there was no malicious intent nor would it impact directly on the game. The only action therefore taken is to remind players of this rule.

No further chat or discussion is required on this. Please carry on your normal paranoia.

I understood the nighttime peek was only after they found each other?

And the daytime peeks were only is X roslaine/paris - no other useful info

Can we assume theyve found each other then?

Can we assume theyve found each other then?

Was yesterday's play not technically a 'night-time' phase since there was no lynch? So they couldn't have done their peeks to find each other yet?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Was yesterday's play not technically a 'night-time' phase since there was no lynch? So they couldn't have done their peeks to find each other yet?

I dunno, its a good point. Id assumed it was similar to seer peeks in previous games in that they were active from the start,but the emphasis on night and day phases is different here to before

Mod can you clarify on this, is it possible theyve found each other given game timings?

• Advertisement

Paris: Starts the game not knowing, but searching for his love, Rosaline. He has three peeks which can be taken at anytime in the first two days during daytime only. He has a backroom where he can ask “is x Rosaline” and he will receive a yes or a no answer only. If he succeeds in finding her (or she him) Paris and Rosaline become a couple and share a backroom to strategise their revenge on the world of love. Each night, the serial killers may choose to kill another player or to take a peek (i.e. a seer peek) There may be a maximum of one serial kill or peek per night.

@Mods - what does "a seer peek" mean? Do they get told if the person they peek is good/evil, or do they get told the actual role of the player? As you have said that the Nurse's peek is simply good/evil, I would presume that the SK's peek is the same??

Advertisement