Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW IX - Valentines Day Massacre

Options
  • 17-02-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭

Scene One

A messenger enters carrying a scroll

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Messenger : (reads from scroll)

Two households, both alike in dignity,

In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,

From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,

Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes

A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;

Whose misadventured piteous overthrows

Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.

The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,

And the continuance of their parents' rage,

Which, but their children's end, nought could remove,

Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;

The which if you with patient ears attend,

What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

Goes without saying but just in case strictly no posting in the game thread until the game is live!

Welcome one and all to the fair city of Verona, the scene of great love and great tragedy. The backstory is a familiar one to you all I'm sure

The rich and powerful Montague and Capulet families are age old rivals whose feud threatens to ravage this beautiful city.
    Against this backdrop of horror purest love blossoms between the progeny of each household. Can Romeo and Juliet and their loyal band of villagers put an end to this toxic feud or will the houses war on until one obliterates the other?

But what of Paris, Juilet's bethrothed, and Rosaline, who Romeo loved before he cast her off for the fair Juliet?
    Disgusted at being rejected the two spiral down a twisted path of anger and hate. Blaming Lords Montague and Capulet for putting them in this position, and Romeo and Juliet most of all for casting them aside. They vow to not rest until all are punished, and if they were to meet by chance? Well that would truly be a tragedy.

Village Roles:

Romeo: Starts the game not knowing, but searching for his love, Juliet. He has three peeks which can be taken at anytime in the first two days during daytime only. He has a backroom where he can ask “is x Juliet” and he will receive a yes or a no answer only. If he succeeds in finding her (or she him) Romeo and Juliet become a couple and share a backroom to strategise.

Juliet
    : Starts the game not knowing, but searching for her love, Romeo. She has three peeks which can be taken at anytime in the first two days during daytime only. She has a backroom where she can ask “is x Romeo” and she will receive a yes or a no answer only. If she succeeds in finding him (or he her) Romeo and Juliet become a couple and share a backroom to strategise.

If they do not succeed in finding their lover they will continue the game as villagers. Should they find each other they shall receive a vile of poison to be used in the game.

The Nurse (the seer): has the ability to peek. Each night she may submit the name of 1 person, and that person’s status as good or bad will be revealed to her. If the seer does not submit her peek during the night time phase, she will not receive a peek.

The nurse will have the opportunity to pass her gift on to a player of her choosing in the event of her death. This player will inherit all of the knowledge the nurse has acquired.

Friar Laurence (Priest): will learn the roles of any players killed in the game but will not learn how they died. He will also have the ability to anoint a Friar John who following the blessings bestowed upon him by Friar Laurence shall join Friar Laurence in his holy cell.

Friar John: Friar Laurence’s apprentice.

Mercutio: selects another player (cannot be the same person on consecutive nights.) to follow, if that player is attacked during the night then they will be protected and the attacker will die, Mercutio will survive the fight but will no longer be able to carry out the feats of heroism he once did. Mercutio may protect himself. Mercutio also has two bullets which can be used at any time with an aim to take out a serial killer. However, if his first shot fails to hit a serial killer his shock leads him to drop his bullet, which is unrecoverable.

Prince Escalus - Prince of Verona:
    will learn how each of the players were killed in the game and by whom but will not know the player’s role. A lynch is a lynch so they don’t need to be told how and by whom lynched players died. However, the Prince may hold royal power upon this fair land and may decide to substitute the lynchee with a player of his choosing. He may do so at any time up to the closure of the lynch vote. In the event of a tied vote the Prince's vote will be the decider

Evil Roles

Evil roles have access to a shared communication room, where they can communicate with the other teams if they wish. Paris and Rosaline will only gain access to this room once they find each other or all their peeks have been used

Paris: Starts the game not knowing, but searching for his love, Rosaline. He has three peeks which can be taken at anytime in the first two days during daytime only. He has a backroom where he can ask “is x Rosaline” and he will receive a yes or a no answer only. If he succeeds in finding her (or she him) Paris and Rosaline become a couple and share a backroom to strategise their revenge on the world of love. Each night, the serial killers may choose to kill another player or to take a peek (i.e. a seer peek) There may be a maximum of one serial kill or peek per night.

Rosaline: Starts the game not knowing, but searching for her love, Paris. She has three peeks which can be taken at anytime in the first two days during daytime only. She has a backroom where she can ask “is x Paris” and she will receive a yes or a no answer only. If she succeeds in finding him (or he her) Paris and Rosaline become a couple and share a backroom to strategise their revenge on the world of love. There may be a maximum of one serial kill or peek per night.

If they do not succeed in finding their lover they will continue the game as individual serial killers on opposing teams.

House of Capulet: There are 2 Capulets, Fulgencio and Tybalt who can communicate in their own room. They have equal power and can kill one villager each night.

House of Montague: There are 2 Montagues, Ted and Benvolio who can communicate in their own room. They have equal power and can kill one villager each night.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Kills

There will be two kills each day, all three evil teams will compete for a kill in the day phase of the game ie. competition for Monday kills is on Sunday, Tuesday kills on Monday and so on. Each team will be required to submit a kill request each day

Tasks
    Some of the competitions for kills may take place on the game thread, some in the back room.

Win conditions
    For a village/good win they simply have to kill all the werewolves and the Serial Killer

For a Wolf/evil win they have to gain parity of numbers with the village. E.g. 2 wolves and 2 villagers left = wolf win. They also have to wipe out the other team.
    For an SK win they need to reach at least parity with each of the groups.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Munch / Lynch
    10am / 9pm

Lunch Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKZdfDSNYChIibG24glLRSgXoa-clW6CVAUr13E3yfR-I9fw/viewform

Rules

1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again.
    2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread.
    3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. The game is too small to mod kill inactives.
    4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.
    5) Game starts with a wolf slaughter to be revealed at 10am tomorrow morning.
    6) If you've got any questions for me send the mods a message.
    7) Win conditions are listed above.
    8) Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules that I have, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed.
    9) If someone misses 2 votes in a row without a good reason they will be modkilled by me and replaced with a substitute.
    10) DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS
    11) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.
    12) Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.
    13) The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. Mods will not enter into discussion on thread about mechanics of the game, we can discuss issues like that after. Clarification will only be given on things explicitly mentioned in this post.
    14) The votes will be published when the Lynch is announced. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.
    15) People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it

Roster:

andy125
    Barney92
    cdaly_
    grumpylumpy
    gufc21
    Jayop
    Lord TSC
    MicksJaguar
    Mollyb60
    MrsFlushdraw
    Nopeare
    partyjungle
    quickbeam
    raze_them_all_
    Stoogie
    sullivlo
    The_Valeyard
    Tigger
    tritium
    Xaracatz
    y0ssar1an22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Game looks great guys, good job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

And we are off!

Great game design ladies.

On another note folk I have good news and bad news.

The good news (for me is ) Tomorrow I dip my toes into the workingworld here in Malta. I will be leaving the house at 7.15am my time and getting home about 6.30pm. It is a pension firm and no idea as to their policy on phones etc.

I plan on taking my tablet with the keyboard attachment into work so I can read and post during the lunch break. I will also be on a bus for an hour each day.

The evenings will be fine after tomorrow as I have ballet at 7.30!

I wont be able to sneak on the phone in my first week. I have no idea if my phone's data will work in the area as of yet.

I should get on plenty though but just letting you know now.

The bad news is the uncertaintly of being able to post.

Hope you all understand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Hello all. I am getting my excuses in early here. Got absolutely destroyed last night, cannot do humanning today. Have to drive to Belfast in an hour and I may die on the journey (hungover driving is no fun).
    Please continue scheming away till I am recovered. Pray for Molly.

Is one of the warewolfs under 45? Is one Male.

Has a current ww even been a priest or seer in a past game?

Is a current WW
    ANDY

balls no edit rule :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Let the skiving off work begin.... Also look out for tasks, i guess the usual making wirds with first letters, song titles or films. The slow start really gives us an advantage on this front

• Advertisement

Just had a read through the rules (looks a great game) its going to be pretty hard to convince people I have the gun it seems.

Pew pew, pew pew.

Your dead GUFC.

What did i do :( i was just here minding my own business waiting for wolves to give their shıt away so i don't actually have to work

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Set up looks great guys!

May as well just call in sick for the week now, nothing's getting done

gufc21 wrote: »
    What did i do :( i was just here minding my own business waiting for wolves to give their shıt away so i don't actually have to work

HEY you cant talk your dead!!!!!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM I shot gufc and he's not playing fair.

gufc21 wrote: »

It was just as you posted above me, seems my gun doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Just read over the rules again and see that a seer peek means a seer peak!

Hated it every time I was cleared and the others came back with.. "oh but you might be the alpha" :rolleyes:

Did my brains in. It is a REAL Seer we have now.

Oh and where is Tigger? he hasn't been on to be asked to be protected yet! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I nearly forgot about this!!!

Thanks for boards followed forums

Can't tell if the 10,000 emails I'm getting will really annoy me, or remind me not to end up tarred with the "low poster" brush that inevitably come up

It was just as you posted above me, seems my gun doesnt work

I know... there's a secret role though. If you miss the sk not only do you lose your bullet but the person you killed comes back and plays ghost...

Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Good afternoon fair denizens of Verona. I like that there are no evil priests and it's a bit more level in everyone not knowing what role died until the priest comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Hello to all. A big thank you to the mods for the game they've woven for us here. Im really liking the look if it on first proper reading. Some interesting aspects that i think well need to look closely at as the game develops, and with tasks back in the game again (to some extent) i cant help but think this is another of those games where subtle pieces of knowledge will make a difference.

Right,

I'm ready to say goodbye to my free time again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Right,

I'm ready to say goodbye to my free time again!!!

You have any free time since junior arrived?

tritium wrote: »
    You have any free time since junior arrived?

yes. When I sneeze I get a moment's break.

Is there a lynch tonight? Very hungover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

i am bloody wrecked, lynch or no lynch tonight?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Hey everyone! Great game ahead of us it would seem :)

Don't think there's a lynch tonight. First death is the overnight munch.

I loved Romeo and Juliet in school <3

Lynch form isn't working... Guessing no lynch?

i am bloody wrecked, lynch or no lynch tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wow guys, 4ish hours and still less than 30 posts? I was expecting to come home to much more chatter. What's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Wow guys, 4ish hours and still less than 30 posts? I was expecting to come home to much more chatter. What's going on?

no me

Advertisement