Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW IX - Valentines Day Massacre

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm nearly disappointed when I come on and find no one has died. Makes it harder to figure out midgames and such :S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

quickbeam wrote: »
    WWGM said just one kill last night.

So yeah, bodyguard protected, or one of the SKs won the task and chose a peek instead ... I guess?

I'd have thought if the bodyguard protected someone the munch announcement might say something to that effect though.

SK chosing a peek instead of a kill seems unlikely to me, but maybe they had their reasons.

But what other options? Task winner went for one of their own team, last last game?? Hard to know. It's guesswork at this stage.

Bodyguard can't have protected, rules say a baddie dies if bodyguard succeeds and bodyguard loses his watch ability

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

quickbeam wrote: »
    But what other options? Task winner went for one of their own team, last last game?? Hard to know. It's guesswork at this stage.

Presumably Paris / Rosaline could sk each other if they haven't found each other yet but that would still show as a munch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Cdaly's piping in here and there talking a lot of nothing... Trying to get post count up without accidentally tripping over her own feet?

Forgot the start yesterday, only saw the role PM this morning. Just playing catch up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tritium wrote: »
    Bodyguard can't have protected, rules say a baddie dies if bodyguard succeeds and bodyguard loses his watch ability

True. I forgot that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Lynch forum isn't working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Nopeare wrote: »
    In fairness to mrsf I think my first/second game I'd 1/2 double/triple posts. On my phone sometimes it looks like it isn't processing the post and I hit submit again then they all post. I think it's way too obvious of a task for a mod to give someone.

Wouldn't it be sort of weird timing to complete a task shortly before the night phase ends?

I meant that I believe the posts by mrsf was a mistake and not a task

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I meant that I believe the posts by mrsf was a mistake and not a task

Yeah I wasn't accusing there, just quoted the most recent post on the subject :)

And it was a genuine question: would it be weird timing to complete a task before the night pahse ends? Or good timing to sneak the win of the klll

What have previous tasks involved? I don't remember them being discussed last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Grumpy - I'd think 7am would be very early for a task and if you were trying to do one it would be strange, as it would be harder to hide posts in the masses as not many people would be posting

Lord 3 tasks I remember

my one in the 2nd game was to misspell players names, 2 per post and 2 posts within an hour.

There was one for song names in posts

And first letters of multiple posts spelling something

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What have previous tasks involved? I don't remember them being discussed last game.

Sometimes the task is to post song names or films or similar. Another example is to post so that the first letter of consecutive posts spell something. A triple post is hard to get away with but so is posting a song title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Mod Clarification

Mercutio:

If Mercutio successfully protects a player, he loses his protection ability but keeps any bullets he has

Tasks
    Multiple posting and bad spelling will not be tasks in this game

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Mod Clarification

Mercutio:

If Mercutio successfully protects a player, he loses his protection ability but keeps any bullets he has

Tasks
    Multiple posting and bad spelling will not be tasks in this game

Thanks mods. Sorry Mrs F.

Stoogie wrote: »
    Sometimes the task is to post song names or films or similar. Another example is to post so that the first letter of consecutive posts spell something. A triple post is hard to get away with but so is posting a song title.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Hello confusion my old friend. :(

Songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

They're all the same timestamp though Stoogie. I would assume it's just the board playing silly bugger as usual.

Ok; but the rules have a reference to tasks for kills being sometimes on thread.
    Oh god I'm not disputing that at all sure I said myself that we'll have to keep an eye out. I'm just saying that its more than likely the board being crap. Its happened to me before.

Grumpy - I'd think 7am would be very early for a task and if you were trying to do one it would be strange, as it would be harder to hide posts in the masses as not many people would be posting

Lord 3 tasks I remember

my one in the 2nd game was to misspell players names, 2 per post and 2 posts within an hour.

There was one for song names in posts

And first letters of multiple posts spelling something

Huh, that actually sounds like fun :)

Ya know, as opposed to sitting here, reading and doing nothing :(

Last game, I think I led to many crusades against people that turned out to be innocent. This time, I'm sitting back for a while, cause the chaos that led to the lose last time was probably, partially, caused by me.

Hello confusion my old friend. :(

Songs?
    What song would that be then?

I believe its the sound of silence!

With a witty ww related play on words inserted in there

I think it's not going to suck me back in, that I won't go all accusation crazy.

Then I learn of tasks, so I start going back over every post, letting it suck me in. Did anyone quote Shakespeare? There's a post where someone was rhyming, is that a coincidence?

**** it, its sucked me back in :P

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think it's not going to suck me back in, that I won't go all accusation crazy.

Then I learn of tasks, so I start going back over every post, letting it suck me in. Did anyone quote Shakespeare? There's a post where someone was rhyming, is that a coincidence?

**** it, its sucked me back in :P

Find anything? I'm at work so can't really go back through. Molly's song reference is all I remember offhand... Don't think I recall any quoting of Shakespeare, though that would be a good one

Well with the word changed but yeah I guess it is. I did not mean that. Bollix. I swear to god I didn't mean that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Didn't think about sings, seems obvious from last time that was part of play.

Watch out for song titles, film titles, quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

This is a little sus tbf. Not enough to hang you on its own yet but to make a clear song reference and then act like you don't know the song? It does have a hint of o **** they've spotted the task to it.

I got all excited i thought i had someone dead to rights but i just mistranslated a phrase they put up on google :(

Find anything? I'm at work so can't really go back through. Molly's song reference is all I remember offhand... Don't think I recall any quoting of Shakespeare, though that would be a good one

Mick rhymed once, but that was all I could see. And as I said, thats probably just coincidence and paranoia.

gufc21 wrote: »
    I got all excited i thought i had someone dead to rights but i just mistranslated a phrase they put up on google :(

Dead to rights... Video game title!

I'm getting way too into this :p

I did think not knowing the song was a bit odd. But can't see the purpose in denying it

gufc21 wrote: »
    This is a little sus tbf. Not enough to hang you on its own yet but to make a clear song reference and then act like you don't know the song? It does have a hint of o **** they've spotted the task to it.

Look I swear to god I didn't mean it as a song title. I know the song but it didn't enter my head when I was typing that. It didn't even twig with me when grumpy pointed it out. I thought she was just poking at me to see what I did. Which, in hindsight, may actually be what is happening here and I'm potentially failing. :rolleyes:

Dead to rights... Video game title!

I'm getting way too into this :p

I did think not knowing the song was a bit odd. But can't see the purpose in denying it

Haha...

The irony. I agree i don't think its enough to push with on its own but rather something to have as part of a case. I was just pointing out that i fiund it strange using tge phrase and then denying knowledge of it, it something to bear in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Well it was harder that I thought ti get online, not allowed mobiles out of the bag and they kept on silence. Thankfully I am in an industrial estate with not much to do so can get on during my lunch break.

Read everything but no firm read on anyone.
    Will read better once I get home

• Advertisement

Look I swear to god I didn't mean it as a song title. I know the song but it didn't enter my head when I was typing that. It didn't even twig with me when grumpy pointed it out. I thought she was just poking at me to see what I did. Which, in hindsight, may actually be what is happening here and I'm potentially failing. :rolleyes:

Fair enough.... i believe you tbh.

Advertisement