Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW IX - Valentines Day Massacre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

tritium wrote: »
    Mod can you clarify on this, is it possible theyve found each other given game timings?
    quickbeam wrote: »
    @Mods - what does "a seer peek" mean? Do they get told if the person they peek is good/evil, or do they get told the actual role of the player? As you have said that the Nurse's peek is simply good/evil, I would presume that the SK's peek is the same??

1. Normal game phases and timings were applicable yesterday

2. The information is provided in the same format it would be if provided to a seer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

So if the SK used a seer peek instead of kill, i am assuming that their seer peek does not count as a search for their own team mate and only their daytime seer peeks count?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Surely with Romeo/Juliet and Paris/Rosalind the mods would say X is Romeo. Or X is not Romeo. Or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Looks to me here that in the first 2 days his/her peek is JUST is x rosaline. Then if they manage to find each other with that tacticthey can have their night peek which would be a seer peek like the nurse. Just good/evil.

Can mods clarify?
    WerewolfGM wrote: »

Paris: Starts the game not knowing, but searching for his love, Rosaline. He has three peeks which can be taken at anytime in the first two days during daytime only. He has a backroom where he can ask “is x Rosaline” and he will receive a yes or a no answer only. If he succeeds in finding her (or she him) Paris and Rosaline become a couple and share a backroom to strategise their revenge on the world of love. Each night, the serial killers may choose to kill another player or to take a peek (i.e. a seer peek) There may be a maximum of one serial kill or peek per night.

Hello confusion my old friend. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

andy125 wrote: »
    So if the SK used a seer peek instead of kill, i am assuming that their seer peek does not count as a search for their own team mate and only their daytime seer peeks count?

I'd assume that too. They want to find the other sk so they use a seer peek to get an extra peek, with the hope of finding a roled player.

Makes sense I suppose. And it's a good thing for the village that we haven't lost anyone yet :)

Probably getting too hung up on this but..

There was a potential for 2 kills last night? SK and munch, or just munch? I'm very confused

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'd assume that too. They want to find the other sk so they use a seer peek to get an extra peek, with the hope of finding a roled player.

Makes sense I suppose. And it's a good thing for the village that we haven't lost anyone yet :)

But they wouldn't have seen a roled played, would they? Just good/evil

the question is do they get the option to chose the kill or peek even if they have not found each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Think the GM said some are completed in their backroom and some on the main thread so it is a case of watching out for stuff.

You mean like Molly playing dumb or Mick/Tigger's birthdays?...

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »

I'm not playing dumb I'm on day 2 of a hangover and am genuinely confused. Are you totally clear on what happened with the munch this morning then? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

cdaly_ wrote: »

Seeing as there were no kills can we assume that any attempts at a task in the thread was unsuccessful so there was no point in looking out?

Don't think I've played a game with tasks in so not sure what they would look like

andy125 wrote: »
    the question is do they get the option to choose the kill or peek even if they have not found each other?

question for the mods btw

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Maybe it's cos I'm still hungover or maybe it's coz I didn't sleep well last night but can I just point out that it's a VIAL of potion.

Sorry mods. Great game. Big loves. Don't modkill me.

A vial of vile potion perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Morning folks. Read up to date now. Hopefully I can get on at lunch.

Not sure what to make of tigger going for Sully yet.

Triple post?

They're all the same timestamp though Stoogie. I would assume it's just the board playing silly bugger as usual.

That's happened to me before trying to post from mobile

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    They're all the same timestamp though Stoogie. I would assume it's just the board playing silly bugger as usual.

Ok; but the rules have a reference to tasks for kills being sometimes on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Right so to date we have 21 players. Night one we believe a task has been completed but no ones dead so either bodyguard protect or a peek? Either way it's good we are not one down.

We have 7 good

Romeo and Juliet - 2 (villagers with possibility of a room, unknown if found each other)
    Mercutio - 1 bodyguard
    Friar and apprentice - 2 (priest guessing apprentice to be trained)
    Nurse - 1 (seer)
    Prince - 1

We have 3/4 evil teams (6 players)
    Rosaline - 1 (unknown if found Paris)
    Paris - 1 (unknown if found rosaline)
    Montague - 2
    Capulet- 2

Then 8 normal vanillagers.

Did this for myself and thought it might be handy for everyone. So with peeks Romeo/Juliet/Paris and rosaline have a (1 in 20 (5%) 1 in 19 (5.2%) and a 1 in 18 (5.5%) chance of finding each other so a total of 16%)

I loved Romeo and Juliet in school <3

I was Romeo and Juliet in the school play. Funny how we had to practice the kiss over and over again...

• Advertisement

Never happened to me and most of my posts are from a phone.

Stoogie wrote: »
    Ok; but the rules have a reference to tasks for kills being sometimes on thread.

Ooh, clever.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Seeing as there were no kills can we assume that any attempts at a task in the thread was unsuccessful so there was no point in looking out?

Don't think I've played a game with tasks in so not sure what they would look like
    In previous games there has been a task in the backroom to see which evil team gets the first kill.

It would appear that an SK won the task and chose a seer check over a kill.

But yes - it is important to keep an eye out for tasks. I'll give MJ and tigger the benefit of the doubt over the birthday things (too meta to go back and check when they both previously mentioned birthdays) and MrsF the benefit of the doubt over the triple post (boards can have nosebleeds sometimes) but we should probably try to look for patterns.

Also noticed that jayop hasn't posted. That in itself is suspicious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Probably getting too hung up on this but..

There was a potential for 2 kills last night? SK and munch, or just munch? I'm very confused

WWGM said just one kill last night.

So yeah, bodyguard protected, or one of the SKs won the task and chose a peek instead ... I guess?

I'd have thought if the bodyguard protected someone the munch announcement might say something to that effect though.

SK chosing a peek instead of a kill seems unlikely to me, but maybe they had their reasons.

But what other options? Task winner went for one of their own team, last last game?? Hard to know. It's guesswork at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No one dead?

That's interesting, but also confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

In fairness to mrsf I think my first/second game I'd 1/2 double/triple posts. On my phone sometimes it looks like it isn't processing the post and I hit submit again then they all post. I think it's way too obvious of a task for a mod to give someone.

Nopeare wrote: »
    Right so to date we have 21 players. Night one we believe a task has been completed but no ones dead so either bodyguard protect or a peek? Either way it's good we are not one down.
    WarewolfGM wrote:
    Mercutio: selects another player (cannot be the same person on consecutive nights.) to follow, if that player is attacked during the night then they will be protected and the attacker will die, Mercutio will survive the fight but will no longer be able to carry out the feats of heroism he once did. Mercutio may protect himself. Mercutio also has two bullets which can be used at any time with an aim to take out a serial killer. However, if his first shot fails to hit a serial killer his shock leads him to drop his bullet, which is unrecoverable.

Mod question please?
    Do we get to hear if the bodyguard protects somebody? From the above, it looks like the bodyguard is a one-shot thing. Once somebody is protected and attacked, that's the bodyguard done. Does this apply also to Mercutio's bullets? Are they lost once a protect happens?

Cdaly's piping in here and there talking a lot of nothing... Trying to get post count up without accidentally tripping over her own feet?

Nopeare wrote: »
    In fairness to mrsf I think my first/second game I'd 1/2 double/triple posts. On my phone sometimes it looks like it isn't processing the post and I hit submit again then they all post. I think it's way too obvious of a task for a mod to give someone.

Wouldn't it be sort of weird timing to complete a task shortly before the night phase ends?

• Advertisement

In previous games there has been a task in the backroom to see which evil team gets the first kill.

It would appear that an SK won the task and chose a seer check over a kill.

But yes - it is important to keep an eye out for tasks. I'll give MJ and tigger the benefit of the doubt over the birthday things (too meta to go back and check when they both previously mentioned birthdays) and MrsF the benefit of the doubt over the triple post (boards can have nosebleeds sometimes) but we should probably try to look for patterns.

Also noticed that jayop hasn't posted. That in itself is suspicious.
    Tig said to Jay that his birthday was around now when they were discussing the 1 night game.

Advertisement