Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Betting 2017

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

dinneenp wrote: »
    Cork city, Derry City double tonight looks tempting.
    SHould win but at less then evens it's not fir me . Cork have being bang average since losing maguire and o Connor to Preston and Derry have lost to bray and Galway in last fortnight and look like a team just playing out the season .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I expect a big performance from city tonight. They had their mojo back on monday v Dundalk and will relish putting limerick to the sword following last weeks loss to them. That said, we still cant score goals, so draw ht city ft 16/5 will do. Some very heavy showers in the last hour might conditions more interesting. Can't seem to find red card options, so it will probably come in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    Myself, Aidan, Graeme and Alan have discussed and are happy with the below bet! Short enough write up with a tough set of games to choose from as the season is nearing it's close. Potentially a bet tomorrow also.

Shamrock Rovers -v- Sligo Rovers Friday 8pm
    3rd placed Rovers host relegation fighting Sligo with both teams in much need of wins for different reasons. Rovers sit 4 points ahead of Derry but they have a game in hand. With just 3 games left of the season any slip ups could see Rovers throw away European football in 2018. While on the other hand, struggling Sligo are just 1 point away from the drop zone with much worse goal difference to local rivals Galway who sit below them.
    Shamrock Rovers have won five of their last six league games while Sligo Rovers have just two away wins in the league this season but both have come in their last three away fixtures with a win in Cork and in Finn Park.
    In Sligos last game against Bohs, Aidan has mentioned that Sligo were poor in the game and Bohs were luckily not to get something from the game even with playing with 10 men for 65 mins which shows that Sligo are a poor side.
    No new team news for either side.

Shamrock Rovers -0.5 (GENERAL) @ 1.75 MEDIUM STAKE

Conceded late on, 1-1 FT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Any thoughts on tonight's fixtures ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Pat's to win appears the bet to me. City were on the beer up until Wednesday night and there will be a lot of changes in personnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Knowing the LoI, Cork will probably still thump them if we all bet against them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Knowing the LoI, Cork will probably still thump them if we all bet against them. :rolleyes:

Everyone, please lump pats now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Racing Post also going big tip for Pats to win (3 point tip).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Pat's to win appears the bet to me. City were on the beer up until Wednesday night and there will be a lot of changes in personnel.

Too late now. Pats were on DNB at 2.00 yesterday.

Rovers win 1.83

Sligo Rovers 0 Asian 1.9

Those 2 look good.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on Dundalk? On paper easy win but 2nd place already secured so a nothing match?

Thoughts on Dundalk? On paper easy win but 2nd place already secured so a nothing match?

They cost me, had them in a double with City....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That Pat's cork game is dodgy as fuuuuu....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

retalivity wrote: »
    That Pat's cork game is dodgy as fuuuuu....

Why? City started well, went 2 up , pats who badly needed the points came back and won. I thought pats would win, thought city would have been well below par giving the session they had been on.
    The odds on a pats win were being slashed for days once city won the lge on Tuesday and the fact of the changes city made.

Why dodgy as fuuuu....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

They cost me, had them in a double with City....

City and Dundalk missing a lot of players last night. City at home next week and Dundalk have to give match practice to some players who haven't played for a number of weeks.

Wasn't about yesterday, the Pats price was hammered after opening up at 2/1 - lasted all of about an hour on Thursday. Wasn't touching anything shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Why? City started well, went 2 up , pats who badly needed the points came back and won. I thought pats would win, thought city would have been well below par giving the session they had been on.
    The odds on a pats win were being slashed for days once city won the lge on Tuesday and the fact of the changes city made.

Why dodgy as fuuuu....?

The fact a team with nothing to play for and on a session went 2 up, therefore lengthening the pats odds in play that were previously slashed. Said team then conceded 4 goals to lose...

retalivity wrote: »
    The fact a team with nothing to play for and on a session went 2 up, therefore lengthening the pats odds in play that were previously slashed. Said team then conceded 4 goals to lose...

They went 2 up and the odds on them didn't lengthen as much as you think.
    You could apply that logic to many games, especially end of season games, where a comeback is made. Are they all rigged as fuuuuu?

Also, how many bets were put on pats to win, when they were 2-0 down?
    Surely if it was rigged as fuuuuuu people would have piled on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Cork and Waterford to win their respective leagues, 2.54.

There's no odds for FAI Junior Cup outright at the minute but I'd add Sheriff to that too.

Edit: Got Cork, Waterford and Sheriff at 4.3.
    3/3.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    Last games of the season (aside from the FAI Cup) and myself, Alan​, Aidan​ and Graeme​ have decided not to post tips as such just two decent bets due to the lack of value and good bets. Sligo and Pats both just need a point to secure their Premier Division status for 2018 while Galway need to win. No value with Galway at 8/5 against a Dundalk team who will be fighting to make sure of a place in the starting XI in the FAI Cup Final on the 5th Nov. Out of the 3 teams fighting to stay up, Sligo Rovers -1 Asian at 1.80 looks the best bet.

Looking at the other 3 games, Shamrock Rovers have been far to inconsistent in a game which a win would cement their 3rd place spot from Derry. Cork/Bray is a no touch game due to Cork being relevantly poor since Maguire left in the Summer while Bray players know that they all will most likely be without a club for next season give Brays off-the-field issues come Friday night.

The last game is Bohs/Finn Harps, which stands out the most. Bohs manager Keith Long has managed Bohs a mid table position on a shoestring budget with a team that was odds on to be relegation at the start of the season. Already relegated Harps have lost 8 of their last 9 League games. With the momentum with Bohs, players already signing for next season and the buzz around Dalymount - Bohs -0.75 Asian at 1.75 looks a good bet.

• Advertisement

Threw at tenner on Dundalk at 1/2 outright on PP, think the odds have changed to 4/7 since.

Threw at tenner on Dundalk at 1/2 outright on PP, think the odds have changed to 4/7 since.

Draw No Bet I assume?

Dundalk 11/10 looks a great price. 5/2 To Win Nil looks value while I'll be having a dabble on Gartland anytime (looking for bigger than 15/2).

City normally play quite well v dundalk, but its hard to see where city will score from. Draw ht dundalk ft at 4/1 will do.
    Might go for a red card in the game aswell, there is a certain tension between the clubs, that is rising all the time.

Draw No Bet I assume?

Dundalk 11/10 looks a great price. 5/2 To Win Nil looks value while I'll be having a dabble on Gartland anytime (looking for bigger than 15/2).
    It was just to win the FAI Cup outright.

Paddy Power have outright odds up for the 2018 League of Ireland Premier and First Divisions.
    Premier Division:
    Dundalk - 11/8
    Cork City - 6/4.
    Shamrock Rovers- 6/1.
    Derry City - 20/1.
    St. Patrick's Athletic - 25/1.
    Waterford FC - 33/1.
    Bray Wanderers - 40/1.
    Sligo Rovers - 50/1.
    Limerick FC - 50/1.
    Bohemians - 66/1.
    First Division:
    Galway United - 3/1.
    Longford Town - 4/1.
    Finn Harps - 6/1.
    Cobh Ramblers - 7/1.
    UCD - 7/1.
    Drogheda United - 7/1.
    Shelbourne - 7/1.
    Cabinteely - 12/1.
    Wexford FC - 50/1.
    Athlone Town - 80/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Way too short odds on Dundalk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

Patiently waiting for a new thread or for Gavin Shels :)

JoshRosen wrote: »
    Patiently waiting for a new thread or for Gavin Shels :)

New thread opened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement