Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Betting 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    4/9 is not a bad price on City on pp, 4/11 on bet365

I will be on City -1 11/10 and city -1 second half handicap at 13/5

I think Galway will give city a game but eventually the chances city create should be taken, 2 or 3-0 to City would be my guess.

Will also be on a double of city-1 and rovers win(evens)with rovers win btts as a single 11/4

Unlucky 13 for city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Cork and Waterford to win their respective leagues, 2.54.

There's no odds for FAI Junior Cup outright at the minute but I'd add Sheriff to that too.

Edit: Got Cork, Waterford and Sheriff at 4.3.
    One down, two to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

Waterford -1.25 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.95 MEDIUM STAKE

FT 1-0. Half loss.:o

The Waterford fan we pick bets with who was at the game: "1 disallowed and post hit twice 😂"
    "1 on 1 in the last min And instead of going for goal ran to the corner 😂 fuming"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

FT 1-0. Half loss.:o

The Waterford fan we pick bets with who was at the game: "1 disallowed and post hit twice 😂"
    "1 on 1 in the last min And instead of going for goal ran to the corner 😂 fuming"

I was at that game. Waterford were poor as they have been for much of the year but they are good the back.
    Wexford actually scored a goal that may not have been out of play.
    They did not have a 1 v1 at the end but it was a chance but McDaid went for the corner when he could have passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Anywhere online I can watch full premier division games? Preferably download.

• Advertisement

Division wrote: »
    Anywhere online I can watch full premier division games? Preferably download.

Only highlights available for most afaik, some clubs may put their own up on Youtube after the highlights air on Soccer Republic TV show.

Waterford vs Longford - +1 Asian Handicap Longford 1.81

Waterford despie being top are struggling to score many goals. And have a host of injuries
    Team News: With Kenny Browne, Sander Puri, Ian McLoughlin and Dean O’Halloran all still ruled out through injury, Blues striker Mark O’Sullivan is a major doubt for this game with an ankle injury he picked up against Wexford FC on Friday last. Club captain David Mulcahy is also a big doubt through injury, while Gary Delaney is rated as 50/50 after missing the last couple of games. Garry Comerford is also ruled out as he is suspended after picking up five yellow cards while Jack Lynch, Dean Walsh, John Martin and Owen Wall will be once again fighting for a start in this crucial fixture.

Longford have improved defensively in recent weeks & drew 0-0 against a much stronger Waterford earlier this season.

Limerick vs Dundalk - Dundalk win 1.91.

Limerick are not in the best of form. Struggling in forward area's & won none of there last 6 games including the League Cup tie vs Cork. They have scored only 4 goals in there last 5 league games.

Dundalk now have Benson & Gannon back from & with McGrath off the mark now as well they should be full of confidence after a 4-0 win to Sligo & with a near full fit squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Like the look of this although I'm wondering if I should add to it:

Cork -1 vs Drogs - 1/2
    Bray to beat Bohs - 8/13
    Derry vs Rovers Btts - 8/11
    Galway and Draw vs Harps - 1/5
    Total Odds: 4.02

Thoughts? I'm a Limerick fan and I find their games fairly unpredictable which is why it's not in there. Dundalk have players back as mentioned in the post above me but Limerick have a new gaffer.

Edit: Nevermind I placed it.

Just one bet last weekend with it being an unlucky half loss Myself, Aidan, Graeme and Alan have discussed and are happy with the below bet! A one Medium and two Small bets.

Cork City -v- Drogheda Friday 7.45pm
    Table toppers Cork host 7th played Drogheda. Cork's 100% run came to an end with a draw with Galway away from home, they went 12 wins on the row and will be looking to keep their 100% home form going with a win here against Drogheda. Cork sit top by 12 points with a far superior goal difference after 13 games - they'll be looking to make up for the draw last week and Drogheda could be in for a battering.
    Drogheda have struggled away from home with 5 losses from 7, with their two wins being against bottom sides Galway and Finn Harps. Drogheda looked very poor against a struggling Pats side last Friday going by the highlights, it could have been a lot worse than a 2-0 loss for them.
    Cork are without Conor McCormack who is suspended and on the injury front, Gear?id Morrissey is out with a hip injury that he picked up in Galway last week. Steven Beattie and Karl Sheppard will be assessed ahead of the game.
    Drogheda will be without Thomas Byrne (dead leg) and Colm Deasy (knee) on Friday but they will welcome back Gavin Brennan from suspension and Stephen Elliott from injury.

Cork -2 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.90 MEDIUM STAKE

Galway -v- Finn Harps Friday 7.45pm
    2nd from bottom Galway host bottom side Finn Harps in an early season six pointer. Galway have won just once this season against champions Dundalk last month, but they've grafted out solid performances Derry City and Cork most recently.
    Harps come into this on the back of 4 losses - failing to score once while conceding 12.
    Galway are nearing a clean bill of health with David Cawley (ankle) and Vinny Faherty (foot) returning to full fitness, both players will be assessed ahead of the Finn Harps game.
    Finn Harps Harps have both Packie Mailey and Jonny Bonner out tomorrow due to a lack of match fitness after returning from injury. Meanwhile, Paddy McCourt, who has played with a hip problem over the past month may be pressed into action again although Horgan says the ex-Celtic man will need a rest at some stage. Eddie Dsane and B.J. Banda remain on the long term absentee list.

Galway win (GENERAL) @ 5/6 SMALL STAKE

Bray Wanderers -v- Bohemians Friday 7.45pm
    Going into this game Bray sit in 2nd place and have been playing very well lately. They are a very attacking team who score lots of goals but can be leaky in defence. Bray are missing top scorer McCabe going into this game but they have plenty of other attacking threats who will cause Bohs hassle. Bohs defence any lacks pace and players like Connolly off Bray will cause Bohs nightmares
    Bohs have been in awful form lately and do not look like they will be coming out of this slump any time soon. Bohs finally have main forward Dinny Corcoran back from injury, he played against Shamrock Rovers but did not look fit at all and did not get a chance the whole game. I feel Bohs will start to pick up in the next few game when Corcoran become match fit. but not against Bray who have far too strong an attack for Bohs to deal with. As said earlier Bray have quite a leaky defence but Bohs have not been a threat really in their last 5 games only scoring in one of these games against any injury stricken team Finn Harps.
    This should be quite a straight forward win for Bray even with out McCabe. With how bad Bohs have been all over the pitch bray could easily win for 2 or 3 here

Bray -0.75 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.90 SMALL STAKE

MD1990 wrote: »

Limerick vs Dundalk - Dundalk win 1.91.

Limerick are not in the best of form. Struggling in forward area's & won none of there last 6 games including the League Cup tie vs Cork. They have scored only 4 goals in there last 5 league games.

Dundalk now have Benson & Gannon back from & with McGrath off the mark now as well they should be full of confidence after a 4-0 win to Sligo & with a near full fit squad.

New manager syndrome moved me away from backing DD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I like the Dundalk and Cork bets – I can see them both hacking up this week. The Bray game will not be straightforward, Corcoran will make a difference for us and will have come on for the minutes last week, bad and all as we were. I have a nagging suspicion that Bray are not anywhere near as good as they look on paper. A fully fit Rovers side will, easily, easily finish above them and will be above them by the time the second series of games is complete.

Bohs vs Limerick - Bohs Asian Handicap +0.25 1.87

Think this is great value. Limerick are in very poor form scoring few goals & they lost the reverse fixture 1-0. They have not won in 7 games in all comps.

Bohs have got Corcoran back scoring 2 against Bray. He linked up very well with Ward vs Bray.
    Pender was also superb against Bray & he is in good form to handle Ogbene.

Drogheda vs Bray - Bray win 1.75

Drogheda are in terrible form. Winning 2 in 13 & getting hammered at Cork. They did draw there last 2 home games but both were against Bottom 6 sides.
    Bray have beaten both Derry & Dundalk away from home this season which suit them with there pace.
    Gary McCabe will be back from suspension as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City-1, rovers, dundalk, Bray just short of 10/1

Cork City -v- Drogheda Friday 7.45pm
    Cork -2 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.90 MEDIUM STAKE

Galway -v- Finn Harps Friday 7.45pm
    Galway win (GENERAL) @ 5/6 SMALL STAKE

Bray Wanderers -v- Bohemians Friday 7.45pm
    Bray -0.75 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.90 SMALL STAKE

2 from 3!
    :cool:

Pp have a loi extratime.ie enhancement of Pats, Bray, dundalk 7/1 That's about double the odds, can't link it but...football....tournaments...airtricity prem lge.....specials.
    Never seen it before, but at those odds, get on!

They've linked up recently afaik, good odds tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pp have a loi extratime.ie enhancement of Pats, Bray, dundalk 7/1 That's about double the odds, can't link it but...football....tournaments...airtricity prem lge.....specials.

Gone at the first hurdle I'd guess

3 goals in 6 home games, they score 3 in the first half tonight, Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

They post it on the site each week (although they seem to have actually forgotten to link it in the post this week) http://www.extratime.ie/articles/18989/stephen-walshs-betting-column---week-15/

It's an enhanced treble each week but is generally a fairly horrible prediction, as is unfolding again this evening, the first time I actually partook and stuck a tenner down :)

City-1, rovers, dundalk, Bray just short of 10/1

Rovers win but city only win 2-1 having been behind at HT, Maguire slipping when he missed his pen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Any recommendations on tonight?

awhir wrote: »
    Any recommendations on tonight?

Bray and Dundalk the obvious win double.

On the ht double and -1 double as well.

Bohs game is hard to gauge but I'm on over 2.5 and smaller on Bohs win btts 5/1

Edit no goals in either Bray or dundalk games, that would have been a very big odds double, overs comes in for bohs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

MD1990 wrote: »
    Bohs vs Limerick - Bohs Asian Handicap +0.25 1.87

Think this is great value. Limerick are in very poor form scoring few goals & they lost the reverse fixture 1-0. They have not won in 7 games in all comps.

Bohs have got Corcoran back scoring 2 against Bray. He linked up very well with Ward vs Bray.
    Pender was also superb against Bray & he is in good form to handle Ogbene.

Drogheda vs Bray - Bray win 1.75

Drogheda are in terrible form. Winning 2 in 13 & getting hammered at Cork. They did draw there last 2 home games but both were against Bottom 6 sides.
    Bray have beaten both Derry & Dundalk away from home this season which suit them with there pace.
    Gary McCabe will be back from suspension as well.

Pender injured shortly before kick off, might have been the difference between us getting a point and nothing

3 bets last weekend with it being Medium and Small wins, and a Small loss. Myself, Aidan, Graeme and Alan have discussed and are happy with the below bets! Three Small bets.

Finn Harps -v- Limerick Friday 8.00pm
    Bottom side Harps away was usually a tough place to go but not in recent times. They have lost 4 of their last 5 home league games. Crowds have gotten smaller in Ballybofey which helps away sides.
    Limerick come into this game on the bounce of an away win in Dalymount park against Bohemians. New manager Neil McDonald was in charge for that game and I expect Limerick to go on a little run now that the managerial issue for them is sorted.
    Limerick have a fully fit squad for this one and have already picked up a number of away wins. We fancy them to pick up the points here in a hard fought win.
    First game between the sides finished 1-1 inn Limerick but Limerick are much improved since then. here is a lot of talent in their squad with the likes of Lee Lynch, Robbie Williams, Sean Kelly, Ogbene and Tosi who are all fine players.
    As always Horgan has played up his sides injury worries but it would be no surprise to see some of these in the starting side. ''Ciaran O’Connor and Kilian Cantwell are back from suspension, Horgan says that both Paddy McCourt and Barry Molloy are extremely doubtful for the Limerick game while Gareth Harkin and Caolan McAleer weren’t fit to train on Wednesday night. Meanwhile, B.J. Banda and Eddie Dsane remain longer term absentees.
    “Kilian Cantwell and Ciaran O’Connor are available after suspension. We still have injury problems again and with the quick turnaround from Monday night, Gareth Harkin is in bother with a hip problem and Caolan McAleer is still troubled by that foot injury and shouldn’t really have played against Pat’s. Gareth and Caolan weren’t able to train on Wednesday. On top of that, Paddy McCourt and Barry Molloy are both extremely doubtful with hamstring and groin injuries. ''

Limerick -0.25 AH (GENERAL) @ 1.90 SMALL STAKE

Athlone -v- UCD Friday 7.45pm
    Athlone have been well documented over the last number of weeks due to irregularities in betting in a number of their games. The inquisition however, in our opinion has not stopped them in their alleged spot fixing in game. Just last week a dubious penalty and yet another late late goal (95th min).
    With that said, their home record is ok with 10 of their 13 points coming from Home where they average over a goal a game. (1.3) in the "leaky" defence they have shipped 30 goals in 13 games. Almost clipping conceding 2.5 goals per game.
    For UCD this is a must must must win game with Waterford and Cobh playing each other the night after. A chance to close the gap on both of them ahead of the game Saturday.
    Goals have been seemingly no issue for UCD this season with 19 (leagues 2nd highest) and averaging close to team 1.5 goals per game.
    Our prediction would be that UCD will win this game comfortably, maybe netting 3 times, but we also feel Athlones home form may draw a goal from them also.

Over 2.5 Goals (GENERAL) @ 4/5 SMALL STAKE

Shelbourne -v- Cabinteely Friday 7.45pm
    Short write up here. 5th -v- 4th in Tolka Park, with both teams out of form. Having seen Shels gutless performance against Wexford last Friday, I can't see Shels beating Cabinteely. Shels have struggled up front this season.
    Cabinteely started the season well, they managed to build an OK team this and have caused teams bother this season. Shels struggled on the opening game to Cabinteely in a game Shels won with a very late James English goal.
    Shels James English and Alan Byrne return from suspension this week, however Derek Prendergast misses out having collected five yellow cards. Dylan Kavanagh and and Jackson Ryan are both injured, while Aidan Collins and Jamie Quinn are rated as doubtful.

Cabinteely Double Chance (GENERAL) @ 5/6 SMALL STAKE

Looking at the extratime.ie pp special.

City, Limerick, ucd 6/1

I expect city to beat rovers, I will be taking city -1 and city win btts separately.
    Limerick beat bohs away and Harps had a bit of a shock home win the last day, this will be the dodgiest one I think.
    UCD should also win as it's Athlone.

I liked last weeks special and it went awful, but I'm still going to throw 20 on it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I've a fiver on it. It should be okay. Limerick will be the dodgy one but they should be beating Harps if all the talk of Europe and league titles will amount to anything.

The other two ones look very safe.

Looking at the extratime.ie pp special.

City, Limerick, ucd 6/1

I expect city to beat rovers, I will be taking city -1 and city win btts separately.
    Limerick beat bohs away and Harps had a bit of a shock home win the last day, this will be the dodgiest one I think.
    UCD should also win as it's Athlone.

I liked last weeks special and it went awful, but I'm still going to throw 20 on it this week.

Limerick did indeed prove to be the dodgy one, but it was value at 6/1

City -1 and city win btts comes in nicely, 4-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gseanmart

Sham Rovers to beat Bray tonight at home? 11/10 with PP

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Dundalk v Cork is an interesting matchup. I'm still refining but so far this is where I'm at.

What are you thinking on this one? Any insights?

xNCmtlr.png

• Advertisement

This is a very hard game to call. Considering our form, city dnb looks good. City are normally tight away from home and are well capable of getting a result, They will not want to lose, now more than ever, keeping the momentum going into the break will be a huge factor.
    I think it will be a tough uncompromising game and I will be taking a red in the game, draw at HT (11/10) as well as city dnb (11/10)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement