Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coffeebean22

Tara Makeup had on her snaps last night that she wasn't getting paid for the course.. obv reading these threads cos she never bothers most of the time, only time she #ad is for penneys in my opinion... Chloe Boucher and her got sent shampoos/treatments like last week and at least Chloe said it was sent, whereas Tara was saying she loved the brand no mention of them being sent. Tbh I don't know why I bother following her on S/C...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She said someone sent her a message about it. She did say on the first day of the course it was free, and she said yesterday that she forgot to say it on the second day.
    She did say it on the second day, the evening before she went she was talking about being given the wax pot and how Ellen had asked her and Tara if they wanted to do it and how she was thrilled to get the chance and that they didn't have to pay. I think she stated that twice in that bunch of snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

She did say it on the second day, the evening before she went she was talking about being given the wax pot and how Ellen had asked her and Tara if they wanted to do it and how she was thrilled to get the chance and that they didn't have to pay. I think she stated that twice in that bunch of snaps.

Just repeating what she said yesterday. I knew I'd heard her say it was free, but wasn't sure if she'd said it both days or not. She was talking about having a lot of new followers after a shout out from Tara, and then spent a few snaps apologising for not declaring it was free, and talking about how transparent she tries to be. I thought it was a bit overkill and wondered if it was for the benefit of the new followers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TBH I'm not a long time follower of her but she seems to transparent? She may have been declaring for her new followers or because someone pulled her up on it but she definitely did declare the night before anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

She's only started becoming transparent recently. I don't think she gets sent nearly the same volume of stuff as some of the others though, and I don't think she gets paid for a lot either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

I don't follow Karen anymore. Stopped about a year ago, couldn't handle the childish way in which she conducts herself.
    The first mention Tara had of it being free was last night.

Did anyone see the huge amount of charlotte Tilbury stuff the SJ got sent the other day. Literally worth hundreds of euros. She got send a package a few months back and never ever uses any of the products ( on camera anyway). Some of the products she got were key long term products and she didn't have a clue of their name of that they did. Its a pity these promotional drops aren't send to beauty bloggers who will actually use the products and then do a blog post on them. I think bloggers like The Beautiful Truth and Beauty Nook would be better to send these types of make up drops to. The would actually use the products and review them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

The only time you do is when she wants another... cough cough the bomber jacket she took an iron to and melted.

I remember that!! What a fricken shocker that was!! Didn't the boutique owner end up in her snaps? After hot-footing it up to the hotel to supply *a replacement* freebie? SJ didn't bat an eyelid...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the huge amount of charlotte Tilbury stuff the SJ got sent the other day. Literally worth hundreds of euros. She got send a package a few months back and never ever uses any of the products ( on camera anyway). Some of the products she got were key long term products and she didn't have a clue of their name of that they did.
    I don't follow SJ on social media but I'm still subscribed to her blog through Bloglovin' (I keep meaning to unsubscribe to her) and she had a blog post up the last day or two all about her favourite lipsticks so I had a quick nose. A Charlotte Tilbury lippie was mentioned first. I noted from the post that she gave the Mac lip scrub a good plug but failed to mention that it was sent to her for free (there was a press drop of these a month or two ago of these). The rest of the post was plugging disclosed affiliate links for mainly Mac lipsticks so I just flicked through to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Funny, pippa and Ellen both got the same lamps and biro/pencils from the same shop! Now Ellen did say she bought them so possibly was a coincidence because she seems to be usually good when it comes to saying she was sent something! Maybe she just saw pippa with them yday?

idunno78 wrote: »
    Funny, pippa and Ellen both got the same lamps and biro/pencils from the same shop! Now Ellen did say she bought them so possibly was a coincidence because she seems to be usually good when it comes to saying she was sent something! Maybe she just saw pippa with them yday?

I copped that today also. So weird. Bit of a single white female going on with Ellen and Pippa..... Arent they good pals? Ellen would have been better off saying I saw Pippa buy this yesterday so I got it.

That Moss cottage shop sent loads of stuff to pippa recently so they are obviously trying to get the mentions and promotion of their company.

• Advertisement

I only heard of the yday of pippa snaps! Had a look at their page and all the green dinosaurs are gone! So obv was good marketing! Yea they are good pals, I know they both had the same Dino bags for the kids to! So maybe they do just tell each other I don't know!

idunno78 wrote: »
    I only heard of the yday of pippa snaps! Had a look at their page and all the green dinosaurs are gone! So obv was good marketing! Yea they are good pals, I know they both had the same Dino bags for the kids to! So maybe they do just tell each other I don't know!

A quick search on google brought up lots of shops selling the same green light for 30 euro and some even offer free shipping. Always a good idea to search around for stuff bloggers promote or mention I suppose. The fact that its sold out already shows how much influence these bloggers have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Just start following the beautiful truth - excellent blogger! Even found myself on her website last night reading reviews on sulphate free shampoo and The Ordinary skincare products!

She is so good so straight and honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

Dissapointed to see that C&G are collabrating with faces by grace again,i think she is one of the worst for not being transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Dissapointed to see that C&G are collabrating with faces by grace again,i think she is one of the worst for not being transparent.

Not to mention the whole promotion of formula without realising it and then calling anyone who pointed that out to her, a bully.

(I dont care how anyone feeds their baby but we all have to adhere to the law)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

I've been reading this thread with interest for a while and I was wondering peoples feelings on Eimear Varian Barry? I really enjoy her content but she never seems to #ad or #sp. The collaboration with Casey's Furniture this week was a prime example!

Are they I can't believe that Shame on them after the controversy she caused them.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

I totally agree, was very disappointed. Just saw on her snapchat a giveaway with Meaghers with no #ad but has #ad on her Instagram, it really wouldn't take a few seconds to type #ad.

Cria wrote: »
    Are they I can't believe that Shame on them after the controversy she caused them.

It had come up on my news feed on facebook.I really would have thought that she wasnt the best influencer to be associated with after all the trouble she caused over the formula milk e.t.c..Companys and brands really need to move away from bloggers and social influencers who dont follow asai guidelines and who come across as childish and immature when questioned about their transparency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

I've been reading this thread with interest for a while and I was wondering peoples feelings on Eimear Varian Barry? I really enjoy her content but she never seems to #ad or #sp. The collaboration with Casey's Furniture this week was a prime example!

As far as I've picked up, she is being paid yes to put together looks etc for the brands she works with but her snaps are more of a 'behind the scenes' look at how she goes about doing those collaborations or taking the pictures as opposed to just getting something and promoting it on her social media if that makes sense? Not sure how that falls into the whole #ad thing but I enjoy her snaps and just take it as an inside look at her job...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

I see a few pages back some people mentioning MUF and deleting comments on depop. Couple of months ago Rosie got big delivery of Freddie jeans and few weeks later sold them on depop, myself and another girl commented on the fact they were free. She deleted our comments and then deleted the whole post. But sold the other pairs non the less.
    Didn't realise this behaviour could be reported. If I had of known at the time I definitely would of reported this as it really annoyed me that she had nearly a full snap chat story at the time praising the jeans and saying how she planned on styling each pair, for her to go on and sell them. Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Puggly

Petal765 wrote: »
    I totally agree, was very disappointed. Just saw on her snapchat a giveaway with Meaghers with no #ad but has #ad on her Instagram, it really wouldn't take a few seconds to type #ad.

I just reported that asai, that's what I'll do from now on. The more complaints these bloggers get the more asai will look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Who'd have thought that formula companies would act so unscrupulously? :pac: They couldn't care less about the controversy. At the end of the day it's all advertising for them, especially when she pretends she was "bullied" by breastfeeders. Guarantee that little Sienna will be a brand ambassador for their follow-on milk and baby food the minute she turns 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Well given that publin health nurses even tell formula feeding mums that the follow on milk 100% not necessary and is just a scam to get around regulations, it will prob lose her a lot of followers both breast and bottle feeding if she went down that route.

Its like they feel because snapchat is 24 hours then gone, that the rules dont apply. Its infuriating

Puggly wrote: »
    I just reported that asai, that's what I'll do from now on. The more complaints these bloggers get the more asai will look into it.

I have emailed c&g to air my grievances but nothing will prob come of it.

I have emailed c&g to air my grievances but nothing will prob come of it.

Good for you let us know how you get on I might do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

So fairy is selling all the dresses sent to her free of charge for her holiday on depop - basically making a profit from her followers for items she didn't pay a penny for.
    Needless to say she didn't mention the names of the brands in question or say they were sent for free in the ads in question.
    It's always when I think she can't get any cheekier with her that she surprises me, this is absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    So fairy is selling all the dresses sent to her free of charge for her holiday on depop - basically making a profit from her followers for items she didn't pay a penny for.
    Needless to say she didn't mention the names of the brands in question or say they were sent for free in the ads in question.
    It's always when I think she can't get any cheekier with her that she surprises me, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Omg :confused::confused: was it any of the cari's closet dresses?

• Advertisement

A blue one and a green one. Mad how they sell without sizes being put up?! Like I wonder do some people just buy it cos it was TMF's!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement