Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

idunno78 wrote: »
    What any of the last few posts have to do with advertising I don't know?? I assume this will prob get closed now cos it's gone completely of topic? Great!

But harsh/gross on about used condoms! I have no words.

Everything with the make up fairy is advertising.
    The holiday haul she did mentioned a lot of products it seemed to be an excuse to name a lot of products without having to # maybe another of her loopholes ?

Is there any mention of skinny tea lately....havnt seen it anywhere?
    Could they have pulled away from someone?

I was actually thinking that neither grace nor muf have mentioned it in a while and grace has stopped breastfeeding afaik so would have been the perfect opportunity to mention it.

Could it be because grace made wild claims of 5lb weight loss in a week abd muf claimed she doesn't drink tea in an interview they are hardly appropriate ambassadors if anything I think all they have done is draw negative attention to Miss fit skinny tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

Cria wrote: »
    I was actually thinking that neither grace nor muf have mentioned it in a while and grace has stopped breastfeeding afaik so would have been the perfect opportunity to mention it.

Could it be because grace made wild claims of 5lb weight loss in a week abd muf claimed she doesn't drink tea in an interview they are hardly appropriate ambassadors if anything I think all they have done is draw negative attention to Miss fit skinny tea.[/qu

She was always talking about lidl,aldi,meaghers pharmacy and skinny tea...but not a word in the last week or so. Having unfollowed since yesterday,my snap chat stories are getting shorter so i need suggestions as who to look up and also someone who is v.transparent

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

mad about nuts

There's another thread for recommended bloggers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

I agree I think the whole holiday pack is just a loophole.

Plugging a lot of brands, has she bought everything in those snaps herself?

I highly doubt it.

• Advertisement

Could it be because grace made wild claims of 5lb weight loss in a week abd muf claimed she doesn't drink tea in an interview they are hardly appropriate ambassadors if anything I think all they have done is draw negative attention to Miss fit skinny tea.[/qu

She was always talking about lidl,aldi,meaghers pharmacy and skinny tea...but not a word in the last week or so. Having unfollowed since yesterday,my snap chat stories are getting shorter so i need suggestions as who to look up and also someone who is v.transparent

Grace mentioned meaghers this week no # though as usual.
    I follow sharon leavy she's as honest no sugar coating with her, Laura's views she's so funny and honest, the beautiful truth she'd talk more about make up and skincare so she'd kind of be more like muf and jj only honest and transparent.
    If your looking for a break from the whole I'm a blogger I'm
    Promoting this scene go for the white moose cafe they are hilarious but remember everything is tongue in cheek with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

I follow sharon leavy she's as honest no sugar coating with her, Laura's views she's so funny and honest, the beautiful truth she'd talk more about make up and skincare so she'd kind of be more like muf and jj only honest and transparent.
    Promoting this scene go for the white moose cafe they are hilarious but remember everything is tongue in cheek with them.

Thanks for that...sorry about earlier post,though i was in another thread at time of posting.
    Didnt muf put out a post looking for recommendations for long dresses e.t.c, soid say a lotof what shehas packed is sponsered in return for a mention on her blog.,imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DMarie1210

Found it very strange that she didn't use it to promote her lipsticks stickso? Was surprised when she showed mac lipsticks and other glosses. Thought it would thexpect perfect excuse to show them off. Feel we have seen very little of them compared to how much advertising so sue does for her products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

DMarie1210 wrote: »
    Found it very strange that she didn't use it to promote her lipsticks stickso? Was surprised when she showed mac lipsticks and other glosses. Thought it would thexpect perfect excuse to show them off. Feel we have seen very little of them compared to how much advertising so sue does for her products.
    Don't think they are officially launched yet (there's a 'presale' coming soon apparently...) and they probably don't properly exist as products yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

It prob is all advertising! But going on about her possibly selling and showing used condoms on depop isn't really!! Not sticking up for her At all trust me! I just don't want the thread getting closed down that's all!!

I thought it was silly going so in depth with her packing! agree with the lip stuff! If it was me I'd have said I am bringing my own lip products but can't show you yet! I remember Suzanne had an eyeshadow palette but said she couldn't show it yet a while back! I still can't understand why she hasn't a video showing of using the brushes yet? Would have imagined that's the first thing she would have done!

• Advertisement

BeeMee_123 wrote: »
    I agree I think the whole holiday pack is just a loophole.

Plugging a lot of brands, has she bought everything in those snaps herself?

I highly doubt it.

I definitely think that's what she was doing I genuinely believe she hates using # her jj and grace. Are forever using filters but no # .what is their aversion to using #

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Do the PR team behind creme de la mer really think that givingfull size products to bloggers enhance their sales? Like their product is so expensive and they seem to give away a lot for free.

Giving so much to Pippa and the MUF cheapens it in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

I definitely think that's what she was doing I genuinely believe she hates using # her jj and grace. Are forever using filters but no # .what is their aversion to using #

I was flicking through the snaps quickly, not really paying attention to what she was saying and saw the beauty and skincare bits and thought it was an amazing Giveaway! Sadly not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

i dont get it, surely if you goal is to be an influencer you'd want to show that companies are paying you to review or promote their products?
    that you've made it?
    id think declaring that your being paid is a sign, yeah im being recognized...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

Couldn't agree more, crazy to think they being paid to promote seatbelt safety !!
    Usual suspects doing it as well so probably shouldn't be surprised !
    Agree,she has never worked this hard at hashtagging before.Crazy though to think they are being paid to promote rsa and safety belts.Would have loved to see them give their time to the cause and maybe donated their fee to the cause.Also what was the statement that herself with a few other key influencer s where asked to hilight the RSA....Sj a key influencer?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Sufitzy wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, crazy to think they being paid to promote seatbelt safety !!
    Usual suspects doing it as well so probably shouldn't be surprised !

TBH it's hard to believe there are people out there who don't know how or choose not to wear their seat belt correctly. You'd have to think there's and element of natural selection there and survival of the fittest (or smartest in this case)!

If this campaign does get the message across to some of those people (of women must be the majority based on the bloggers choosen) and results in one less death on the road, then I don't really have too much of a problem with it. It is being disclosed fully and appropriately it seems. Ultimately when some dies, it's the family and loved ones left behind who suffer most and through no fault of their own usually.

So I don't really want public money wasted on people too stupid to take care of themselves but I wouldn't want to be part of the family who get that bad news.

There's only so many an ad on the tv is going to reach, with Netflix etc now people are not exposed to tv advertising to the same extent as in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Vodka&coke

Sharon also blocked me....No idea why as I have never contacted her:rolleyes:

Thanks for that...sorry about earlier post,though i was in another thread at time of posting.
    Didnt muf put out a post looking for recommendations for long dresses e.t.c, soid say a lotof what shehas packed is sponsered in return for a mention on her blog.,imo.

Yes she was looking for free dressed very cringe.
    Definitely sponsored for a mention.

DMarie1210 wrote: »

I was thinking that compared to how often she mentioned them fairy Wands she doesn't promote them lipsticks half as much on Snapchat.

Mekekka wrote: »
    I was flicking through the snaps quickly, not really paying attention to what she was saying and saw the beauty and skincare bits and thought it was an amazing Giveaway! Sadly not!

lol unfortunately it's just every single thing she was packing that she needed to tell everyone about

• Advertisement

Vodka&coke wrote: »

Sharon also blocked me....No idea why as I have never contacted her:rolleyes:

Did she I didn't think sharon was a blocker lol

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I laughed so much at the white moose cafe today. I love their honesty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Guys this is literally the third or forth time that link has been posted could we maybe read the previous posts before doubling and tripling up?

Did anyone hear back from moores about their ring thing with just Jordan and the lack of any hashtags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

The rsa definitely have requested that people #ad their snaps. Another blogger who never #ad was doing their snapchat about the post today and I straight away noticed because I've never seen it on anything else!

allym wrote: »
    The rsa definitely have requested that people #ad their snaps. Another blogger who never #ad was doing their snapchat about the post today and I straight away noticed because I've never seen it on anything else!

Who was it

• Registered Users Posts: 39 heretogetreal

Guys this is literally the third or forth time that link has been posted could we maybe read the previous posts before doubling and tripling up?

Did anyone hear back from moores about their ring thing with just Jordan and the lack of any hashtags?

I think because people want to open the conversation up to it & find out what people thought of the contributions instead of yet another page discussing the cleaning & covering of MFU'S nether regions....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Siobhan Oh had one today so it might have been her?
    I'm a siobhanoh fan, I know she doesn't ad a lot but I don't think she's the worst at all. Her dedication to her prep is unreal, i don't have the willpower for that, she's also a pretty awesome trainer, I train in one of the gyms she uses and she's always lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Ginny wrote: »
    Siobhan Oh had one today so it might have been her?
    I'm a siobhanoh fan, I know she doesn't ad a lot but I don't think she's the worst at all. Her dedication to her prep is unreal, i don't have the willpower for that, she's also a pretty awesome trainer, I train in one of the gyms she uses and she's always lovely.

Sorry only seeing your posts now! Yeah it was her! I'm a very big fan of her, and really enjoy her snaps. But it was just the fact that I'd never seen her do it that it was particularly of note if you get me? Just made me think "ok the RSA must have been really clear about doing it"

In saying that, maybe she hasn't actually been paid for things so it's not actually a #ad? It is hard to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Makes you think, if some females are so foolish to not know how wear a seatbelt correctly/ not want to wear a seatbelt correctly, did the RSA see bloggers as the perfect individuals who would be on the same "wavelength" as these ignorant and shallow females to get the message across to them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement