Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options
  • 11-01-2017 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

This thread takes over from the now closed Bloggers and #ad and is on the same topic - bloggers promoting products for reward.
    • Deviating from topic gets your post deleted plus perhaps some more action.
    • Naming bloggers is OK.
    • Links to blogs and youtube vids is OK.
    • The highest of decorum is expected towards other boards members and towards the bloggers.
    • Constructive criticism is OK, nastiness gets you a ban. Biko will arbitrate what is criticism and what is nastiness
    • Offtopic will be dealt with by various means, ending with bans and thread lock.
    Mod actions will range from on-thread warnings to forum bans.

We'll see how it goes, error on the side of caution please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

biko wrote: »
    This thread takes over from the now closed Bloggers and #ad and is on the same topic - bloggers promoting products for reward.
    • Naming bloggers is OK.
    • The highest of decorum is expected towards other boards members and towards the bloggers.
    • Constructive criticism is OK, nastiness gets you a ban. Biko will arbitrate what is criticism and what is nastiness

Is there a way to let anyone who took part in the blogger and #ad thread know you have created this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They will see it by themselves next time they visit this forum.

Sorry fairly new to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

• Naming bloggers is OK.

Is it definitely ok to name bloggers or should we use an oblique reference like before?

ratmouse wrote: »
    Is it definitely ok to name bloggers or should we use an oblique reference like before?

It looks like it is. There appears to be more freedom in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Not necessarily. I don't visit the forum as such, I just follow particular threads. I had to go looking here to see if there was another thread. Possibly a link on the last post of the other thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nope, I won't babysit everyone. If people are interested enough they will at some point visit the forum and find this new thread,

Stop asking about it now please.

Does anyone know if a blogger has been gifted/sponsored something, should they mention #spon or #ad every time they mention the company that gifted them that item/service or is just once enough? Eg, wand blogger did a recent throw back post to a cruise holiday she previously stated she was given for free. In the throw back post, the company involved are mentioned and tagged but no further information given on the holiday being for free. Maybe this is ok, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Was anyone watching Marissa Carters snaps where she promoted Cara Pharmacy? It's not the first time she's promoted them so not sure if it's an #ad or she's just promoting a fellow Irish business woman/friend, I'm sure she's doesn't need the cash from an ad but just my own curiosity.

And Rosemary MacCabe #ad for Llyods today, Sinead from the beautiful truth for Molloys, half the current social influencers for Meaghers - there must be a massive potential audience/footfall/sales for pharmacys the way they're all jumping on the Snapchat bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Cork Blogger advertising for Bella baby, she has got everything for her baby here. Is she ambassador, has she paid full price for all these products? is this an #ad. I don't trust her views until I know the answer to the question, should this be #AD

• Advertisement

'' Does anyone know if a blogger has been gifted/sponsored something, should they mention #spon or #ad every time they mention the company that gifted them that item/service or is just once enough? Eg, wand blogger did a recent throw back post to a cruise holiday she previously stated she was given for free. In the throw back post, the company involved are mentioned and tagged but no further information given on the holiday being for free. Maybe this is ok, is it?''

I think they speak well of certain companies/products for a reason. I want to know if this is the case as the opinion therefore may be biased.

Edit: New here do not know how to reply to your comment

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Does anyone know if a blogger has been gifted/sponsored something, should they mention #spon or #ad every time they mention the company that gifted them that item/service or is just once enough? Eg, wand blogger did a recent throw back post to a cruise holiday she previously stated she was given for free. In the throw back post, the company involved are mentioned and tagged but no further information given on the holiday being for free. Maybe this is ok, is it?

From the last thread if it's a freebie there are no rules or requirements to advise of same. If it's sponsored I'd imagine/hope that every time it's mention it should be clear that it's #sp or #ad.

Wexy86 wrote: »
    From the last thread if it's a freebie there are no rules or requirements to advise of same. If it's sponsored I'd imagine/hope that every time it's mention it should be clear that it's #sp or #ad.

Thanks Wexy86

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

If a blogger has been sponsored or paid they must put #ad or #spon on every post/every Snapchat that is associated with it. I asked ASAI about this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

faces by graces baby is now the "Brand Rep" for a bib company, and she said that her baby isn't getting paid for being the brand rep as she's too young. They just love the bibs.

If Grace is taking payment on behalf of her baby then surely its ad. 7 snaps about it.

heyjude88 wrote: »
    faces by graces baby is now the "Brand Rep" for a bib company, and she said that her baby isn't getting paid for being the brand rep as she's too young. They just love the bibs.

If Grace is taking payment on behalf of her baby then surely its ad. 7 snaps about it.

Seems like a creative statement.

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Was anyone watching Marissa Carters snaps where she promoted Cara Pharmacy? It's not the first time she's promoted them so not sure if it's an #ad or she's just promoting a fellow Irish business woman/friend, I'm sure she's doesn't need the cash from an ad but just my own curiosity.

And Rosemary MacCabe #ad for Llyods today, Sinead from the beautiful truth for Molloys, half the current social influencers for Meaghers - there must be a massive potential audience/footfall/sales for pharmacys the way they're all jumping on the Snapchat bandwagon.

I think Marissa is best friends with the owner of Cara pharmacy, or else really close. Also its more of a "you scratch my back i'll scratch yours" type of business thing. She promotes Cara pharmacy and she gets free stuff for her "swag bags" from them.

Seems like a creative statement.

Me or Grace? :confused:

Me or Grace? :confused:

Her of course! And her explanation!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ladyleigh88

Can someone tell me who the teacher blogger is from the last forum & who the weddin singer is? Thank you :)

• Advertisement

Wedding Singer is Sinead - Limerick. Not sure about the other

Can someone tell me who the teacher blogger is from the last forum & who the weddin singer is? Thank you :)

Yeah, I've no idea either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ladyleigh88

Thank you :)

I think teacher blogger is Sinead from the beautiful Truth, correct if i'm wrong. I'm a new follower of hers so haven't seen anything that questions #ad yet

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Anybody know if James Kavanaghs "sex ed Tuesdays" are sponsored?
    He does seem to be promoting some bits..

I think it's a great thing that he's doing it, just wondering about his motivation behind it

Anyone else beginning to feel like the term "brand ambassador" is in some ways a clever means of avoiding declaration of a brand or product sponsorship/ad and the rules and regs that go with it them? Wands blogger seems to have an awful lot of companies that she is a brand ambassador for and in the case of some brands, it's more than just her being a brand ambassador, e.g., in the case of a teeth whitening company, it's both her and nurse blogger who travels that are brand ambassadors and in the case of tea-tox company, it's her and another MUA who are both brand ambassadors. Just seems a bit odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Delighted this thread allows us now to name the non transparent bloggers.

BeeMee_123 wrote: »
    '' Does anyone know if a blogger has been gifted/sponsored something, should they mention #spon or #ad every time they mention the company that gifted them that item/service or is just once enough? Eg, wand blogger did a recent throw back post to a cruise holiday she previously stated she was given for free. In the throw back post, the company involved are mentioned and tagged but no further information given on the holiday being for free. Maybe this is ok, is it?''

I think they speak well of certain companies/products for a reason. I want to know if this is the case as the opinion therefore may be biased.

Edit: New here do not know how to reply to your comment
    If you click reply under the comment it will give you an option to respond to a comment.

She did not say that did she and even if she's not getting paid she is receiving benefit in kind. Posting 7 snaps is essentially promoting a company. She posted two snaps of lidl yesterday with no #ad one was a snap of the sign on her way in surely she should have #ad

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Delighted this thread allows us now to name the non transparent bloggers.

Yes. And it's also good because some enforcement agencies do actually use various forms of social media as a means of investigation for non compliances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement