Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

ive made my report anyway, the only way people can help is by reporting it, i screenshoted the messages she sent me saying the guidelines didnt apply because the company was out of business and the clothes were sent 3 years ago.
    also the pics of her nails with the affiliate discount link. do the ASAI have a facebook?

I'm tired of the nail pics with codes off and no # .
    I think the ASAI only have a twitter account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Mekekka wrote: »
    According to her yesterday she doesn't read boards and these threads start up out of thin air without factual basis..

Of course she reads boards. The charity donation post out of "thin air" being a prime example of how she's reading comments here, seeing that many of us have her sussed and is now trying to redeem herself. You'll need more than staged snaps and love and light to do that. Her lack of transparency is astounding. Revenue and the ASAI will have a good bit of investigating to do on several aspects of her business in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

ratmouse wrote: »
    Of course she reads boards. The charity donation post out of "thin air" being a prime example of how she's reading comments here.

I would assume she does too! Seeing as she referred to it as "that website" (screenshot attached) , I sense a negativity towards boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've been reading this thread with interest from the start. I don't follow many Irish bloggers because I just didn't get into them but I do follow a couple of the UK based ones. I know the rules over there are more strict in terms of #ad etc but one thing I've noticed is that when they do an ad/sponsored post or video it doesn't feel like pushing a product and is more organic in that way. Maybe it's the fact that they have a strong management company behind them advising on how to approach these things. For example - one blogger was showing the Artis brushes last year and was gifted the full set. Did a video with ad in the title so was known but was quite honest about how they felt to use and whether they were worth investing in etc.

I also noticed that none of them (that I follow) sell on or do giveaways of the freebies but rather comment on how they give them to family and friends who they know will enjoy them. Personally that's what I'd do so I relate better to it than.

That article today is really good and actually nice to read as I follow 2 of them already so nice to know their feelings on the whole aspect of it.

This is so true. Most bloggers in the U.K. are with agencies who were specifically set up for influencers such as Gleam or James Grant. AFAIK most influencers here are with Andrea Roche, who started as an model agency and has seen the rise in popularity in influencers and so represents a few. However, she doesn't seem to have any wherewithal about how to manage these people and seems to only want their faces on her books as they are popular and bring her a % but she has a responsibility to ensure they are being transparent.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Of course there is an element of personal responsibility involved but 100% your management should ensure everything is above board especially when mentions of the ASAI and Revenue are involved.

Mekekka wrote: »
    I would assume she does too! Seeing as she referred to it as "that website" (screenshot attached) , I sense a negativity towards boards!

I strongly believe that she does. Both her and Mam seem to watch all platforms where her name could be mentioned. The Mam has come to her defense (her daughter is a woman in her 30s for flip sake) on social media more than once before and not just on her own social media pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Joanne is snapping #ad posts for the RSA now too. I'd say the RSA were very specific about being sure to #ad. They've all been very well behaved about that particular job. Rosie Con has already been doing the #ad consistently but Joanne and Suzanne are very haphazard about it.

blairbear wrote: »
    Joanne is snapping #ad posts for the RSA now too. I'd say the RSA were very specific about being sure to #ad. They've all been very well behaved about that particular job. Rosie Con has already been doing the #ad consistently but Joanne and Suzanne are very haphazard about it.

They must be strict about the #ad. However, I am disgusted that tax payers money is being used to pay these bloggers for this campaign. Sue was snapped recently with no seat belt on at all in a London taxi. Fairys car has been both seen and with snaps of her driving with no N plate displayed. Are the RSA trying to do a serious campaign or are they actually having some sort of pathetic laugh at the expense of tax payers?

anna080 wrote: »
    This is so true. Most bloggers in the U.K. are with agencies who were specifically set up for influencers such as Gleam or James Grant. AFAIK most influencers here are with Andrea Roche, who started as an model agency and has seen the rise in popularity in influencers and so represents a few. However, she doesn't seem to have any wherewithal about how to manage these people and seems to only want their faces on her books as they are popular and bring her a % but she has a responsibility to ensure they are being transparent.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Of course there is an element of personal responsibility involved but 100% your management should ensure everything is above board especially when mentions of the ASAI and Revenue are involved.

Andrea Roche team
    Is proving they are not one bit interested in how their clients behave as regards the rules.
    You only have to look at the make up fairy and faces by grace.
    Surely Andrea Roche management want to look capable to companies across the water ect it's like it's been run by teenagers who have no clue how to guide their client if their client doesn't follow the rules they should be removed from their books.
    My cousin runs a PR company in the uk she represents a lot of people and needs to guide them to follow rules to protect their image otherwise it falls back on her company.

I strongly believe that she does. Both her and Mam seem to watch all platforms where her name could be mentioned. The Mam has come to her defense (her daughter is a woman in her 30s for flip sake) on social media more than once before and not just on her own social media pages.
    I often think that for someone close to her 40's to have her mother make comments when anyone critiques her brand or her actions is the sign of someone who shouldn't be in this industry.
    Instead she just gets annoyed at criticisms like non transparency and continues the behaviour like she's a new young blogger.
    IMO she needs to choose whether her persona is experienced blogger/business woman or new young blogger who just wants to plug brands and sell free clothes at double the price to make some quick money, only one of these personas give you longevity in this business.
    As it is her fan base is very young due to her behaviour and we all know teenagers are fickle.
    At her age she should be appealing to an older audience who will stick with her only thing is most people over the age of 21 see through the bs abd want good content not endless selfies and non Disclosures.
    Her team should sit down with her to discuss going forward what type of audience she is looking for and work with her to make positive changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Cria wrote: »
    Her team should sit down with her to discuss going forward what type of audience she is looking for and work with her to make positive changes.

her team? you mean her mam? 
    its as simple as this we can keep complaining about it or we can do something about it.
    snap, tweet the RSA, or http://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/make-a-complaint/

• Advertisement

its as simple as this we can keep complaining about it or we can do something about it.
    for anyone who has a spare few minutes there is some interesting reading if you look up the complaints on the ASAI website in regards to lack of transparency in competitions and social media... 

http://www.asai.ie/complaint/competition-2/

theres even a special facebook section.

http://www.asai.ie/complaint_medium/social-media-facebook/?bulletin&complaint_batch&complaint_advertiser

for anyone who has a spare few minutes there is some interesting reading if you look up the complaints on the ASAI website in regards to lack of transparency in competitions and social media... 

http://www.asai.ie/complaint/competition-2/

theres even a special facebook section.

http://www.asai.ie/complaint_medium/social-media-facebook/?bulletin&complaint_batch&complaint_advertiser

Was just reading some of them this morning. The likes of Caris Closet and the rental dress! Shocking. It's great how they've the site formatted so you can see the advertisement, the complaint, the response and then the conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Joanne is in her late twenties, not close to 40!

Just proving her point that the thread is not based on fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

frogstar wrote: »

I was thinking that earlier that she hadn't even hit 30 yet...

to be fair one person said she was 40's, everyone else said 30's and shes 31 if i remember correctly.
    to be fair if we're talking honesty her website also says shes a 29 year old curvy model.. she was talking about fitting easily into a size 8 dress the other say so far from a curvy model she is now... she obviously wrote that when the website was set up a couple of years ago and its out of date now, its not the end of the world that someone got her age wrong.
    ''The 5’10” size 10 beauty also works regularly as a curvy model, promoting body confidence and sharing her experiences of carving out a career path in an industry she loves.''

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Age isn't really a factor what is however is the constant plugging/promoting and not being honest about it.

I think the #ad was first brought up so viewers could quickly flick through the #ad posts if not interested in the subject/brand.

I feel if MUF #ad there wouldn't be much else of a story to watch.

Im a bit annoyed as only recently I said she was on the up in my books for content. Transparency will still be an issue obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Oh she read your comment she has put her very first snap up of donation bags .

Haha saw that, is this what it feels like to be an influencer!?

The RSA campaign seems a bit lazily done alright but if it works it's money well spent.
    I think Joanne actually did the best job of it. She seemed to put a bit of thought in, mentioning adjusting the seatbelt/seat etc. I like how she speaks matter of factly.
    Is is true that Suzanne wasn't wearing her seatbelt in the taxi snaps before it? If that one said the sky is blue I'd still look up. She has a unique ability to lie and make it seem genuine.
    They usually start with "loads of people have been asking me about..."

She is in her 30s. She gave her age before. So you're right with your "in her late twenties" remark that not everything in this thread is based on fact.

She is in her eye in her 20s. She's at least 32. She'll never admit to her age though as she doesn't want to seem out of touch with her younger followers.

• Advertisement

I will be definitely

I never gave a specific age nor did I say it was fact . I knew she was in her 30's and based on the fact she's one of the first bloggers out there going years I thought she was late 30's ..
    either way she's not a young blogger nor is she a new blogger so there's absolutely no reason for her shady behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Actually I was wrong.

She is 30 as at 8th Jan this year so not late twenties

A Google search confirmed this from her business name that is registered

anna080 wrote: »
    She is in her eye in her 20s. She's at least 32. She'll never admit to her age though as she doesn't want to seem out of touch with her younger followers.

Yeah, she doesn't like to state her age much. She'll tell and show everything else but very silent overall when it comes to her age. Sue, to be fair will always say what age she is when its her birthday but not Fairy. Not that she has to, but she never shared the fact that she turned 30 with her followed which I thought was a bit odd. Sue did a , dare I call it a "write up" on turning 30 which was good for followers in my opinion. But as someone already said, her age doesn't matter anyway. It's the lack of transparency when promoting items that riles lots of people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Vodka&coke

[

I followed lovely girlie bits right from the start when she just had the blog and YouTube she was my favourite until the pushing products with no transparency creeped in and then selling tickets for people to have a lunch with her and her friends I felt like she just wanted to cash in.
    One day she snapped product after product on Snapchat no transparency and I messaged her her response wasn't very nice she was actually quite rude.[/QUOTE]

I did to. She blocked me for no apparent reason. I asked her why in a private message & I got no reply. I still follow her sister & brother in law. They are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Yeah, she doesn't like to state her age much. She'll tell and show everything else but very silent overall when it comes to her age. Sue, to be fair will always say what age she is when its her birthday but not Fairy. Not that she has to, but she never shared the fact that she turned 30 with her followed which I thought was a bit odd. Sue did a , dare I call it a "write up" on turning 30 which was good for followers in my opinion. But as someone already said, her age doesn't matter anyway. It's the lack of transparency when promoting items that riles lots of people up.

Be annoyed at her lack of transparency etc, that's fair enough. But if the girl doesn't want to announce her age and birthday that's ok!

I never gave a specific age nor did I say it was fact . I knew she was in her 30's and based on the fact she's one of the first bloggers out there going years I thought she was late 30's ..
    either way she's not a young blogger nor is she a new blogger so there's absolutely no reason for her shady behaviour.

It's grand, I was just saying I thought she hadn't hit 30 yet is all..I didn't mean anything towards yourself or condone her behaviour in anyway..was just mentioning what I thought.

Vodka&coke wrote: »
    [

I followed lovely girlie bits right from the start when she just had the blog and YouTube she was my favourite until the pushing products with no transparency creeped in and then selling tickets for people to have a lunch with her and her friends I felt like she just wanted to cash in.
    One day she snapped product after product on Snapchat no transparency and I messaged her her response wasn't very nice she was actually quite rude.

I did to. She blocked me for no apparent reason. I asked her why in a private message & I got no reply. I still follow her sister & brother in law. They are lovely.[/quote]

Would you believe lovelygirliebits followed me on Instagram for years and when I questioned grace over the baby formula she actually blocked me .. for questioning another blogger ???.

• Advertisement

Actually I was wrong.

She is 30 as at 8th Jan this year so not late twenties

A Google search confirmed this from her business name that is registered

She's 31

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement