Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ratmouse wrote: »
    She's 31

She's 30 - 8th January 1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

It's grand, I was just saying I thought she hadn't hit 30 yet is all..I didn't mean anything towards yourself or condone her behaviour in anyway..was just mentioning what I thought.

Ah no I know that I just wanted to be clear I only mentioned her age in regards I feel the older you get the more you realise if you want longevity then you need to be open honest and half content that appeals to anyone who not still in school.
    I don't know where Joanne's niche is it seems to be all over the place.
    Like Rosie's market would be the young mothers into fashion and beauty ect.
    The beautiful truth to me would be the kind of slightly oldee mother into different skincare make up fashion ect.
    Who is Joanne's target audience does anyone know between all the promoting I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've actually never followed The Beautiful Truth. I've seen her mentioned here quite a bit, always positive mentions and I think I've checked out her instagram the odd time. I dont know why I've never fully committed to following her but am 100% going to follow her after reading that article this morning. She comes across so lovely and everything I want in a blogger. Every single point she brought up was bang on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

did anyone notice not one mention from grace congratulating Rosie on her new venture? thought it was strange as I thought they were good friends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

She's 31. I' not sure how to attach a screenshot but on facebook in July 2015, someone asked if she would mind of she asked what age Joanne was. Her reply was 29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ratmouse wrote: »
    She's 31. I' not sure how to attach a screenshot but on facebook in July 2015, someone asked if she would mind of she asked what age Joanne was. Her reply was 29.

She's either lying on FB, or she put her wrong date of birth down when she registered her business name with the CRO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Pippa started off so well with the #ad today in the clothes shop. She gave up though pretty quickly.

I've never heard of the shop before, but I presume they are making a huge investment using her. Hoping the pippa effect happens I suppose.

I got bored, it was literally just snaps of different clothing and a few oohs and aahs. Then the scripted questions of course.

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Pippa started off so well with the #ad today in the clothes shop. She gave up though pretty quickly.

I've never heard of the shop before, but I presume they are making a huge investment using her. Hoping the pippa effect happens I suppose.

I got bored, it was literally just snaps of different clothing and a few oohs and aahs. Then the scripted questions of course.

And the Clear Braces competition! She only #ad on the very last snap

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Pippa started off so well with the #ad today in the clothes shop. She gave up though pretty quickly..

She sure did! First couple of snaps with #Ad and then nothing for the next 30! I thought it was an extremely boring way of "showing"off the shop. Getting paid for going around the shop snapping each item. Like seriously, is this what it has all boiled down to.... No imagination gone into it at all and I'm sure she's getting a nice few bob for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Interesting two complaints here
    http://www.asai.ie/complaint/health-beauty-8/
    http://www.asai.ie/complaint/health-beauty-4/

I did notice the usual people complaints about on here have never shown up except them.  I would have thought Grace's skinny tea comment would have been grounds for an investigation also.  She clearly said you can lose five pounds from drinking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

I did notice the usual people complaints about on here have never shown up except them.  I would have thought Grace's skinny tea comment would have been grounds for an investigation also.  She clearly said you can lose five pounds from drinking it.

Interesting that the skinny tea people never responded....

Terrie McEvoy constantly promoting spotlight whitening but no #ad. She must be getting something from them as she is plugging them almost everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Terrie McEvoy constantly promoting spotlight whitening but no #ad. She must be getting something from them as she is plugging them almost everyday

Isn't she not a "brand ambassador" of the company?!

scarbouro wrote: »
    Isn't she not a "brand ambassador" of the company?!

I'm not sure to be honest, I only started following her recently

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Splishsplash

MUF is definitely Watchin this thread! Her whole snapchat story today was basically influenced by this thread haha amazing! I thought she would be to busy to read this as she is to busy to reply to vile comments.....

I think tho her story is her own way of letting us know she's looking smartly

MUF is definitely Watchin this thread! Her whole snapchat story today was basically influenced by this thread haha amazing! I thought she would be to busy to read this as she is to busy to reply to vile comments.....

"These next few snaps are in conjunction with the RSA and are therefore an ad" I nearly fell off my chair

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

I think tho her story is her own way of letting us know she's looking smartly

Agree,she has never worked this hard at hashtagging before.Crazy though to think they are being paid to promote rsa and safety belts.Would have loved to see them give their time to the cause and maybe donated their fee to the cause.Also what was the statement that herself with a few other key influencer s where asked to hilight the RSA....Sj a key influencer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

She's either lying on FB, or she put her wrong date of birth down when she registered her business name with the CRO :D

She replied with the age 29 in July 2015. That's as.much as I know.

Don't judge her though on what she's packing for dubai. Lol

• Advertisement

Also to say that i have unfollowed faces by grace today...back with a bang promoting a business with no #ad or spon on it from the frame company although she said it was not an ad she was saying they had a 20%discount off any orders.She recieved a few gifts today that she is keeping naming the companys too and also had her nail place with business card and services too on ber snaps.Is that not advertising and what is her deal with them?

Agree,she has never worked this hard at hashtagging before.Crazy though to think they are being paid to promote rsa and safety belts.Would have loved to see them give their time to the cause and maybe donated their fee to the cause.Also what was the statement that herself with a few other key influencer s where asked to hilight the RSA....Sj a key influencer?

I noticed that too. She always has to get little passive aggressive digs in. This time with "key influencers" and before she has said things like "I'm one of the long term/old school bloggers". She can't hack that there are up and coming bloggers that are showing her up and are more honest and transparent than any of the older ones who should know the score by now.

anna080 wrote: »
    I noticed that too. She always has to get little passive aggressive digs in. This time with "key influencers" and before she has said things like "I'm one of the long term/old school bloggers". She can't hack that there are up and coming bloggers that are showing her up and are more honest and transparent than any of the older ones who should know the score by now.

I nearly choked on my fairy burger when i heard that and had to drink my cup of skinny tea to revive myself...calling herself a Key Influencer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I've reported both Faces and Fairy to ASAI, had enough of the non disclosure. If everyone else has to play by the rules in terms of revenue/tax etc, why should these be exempt? If it's kept up I think we will see some changes. Rosie is doing very well on this #ad business, I had gone off her majorly, then re followed, and she's become pretty transparent. Really impressed. She's got a much better attitude lately and it's making me warm to her. Fair play like, it only others could take a leaf out of her book. She's also stopped unboxing as much as she used too, and the RNLI snaps she did were fantastic, nice to see a platform being used for good :)

Girls I follow, rosie, muf, faces or is it sienna I'm following?, James k, SJ, who else can I follow worth following or that will be discussed alot here lol oh and JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

It's just occurred to me.  Cherry Sue said on snap yesterday that an #ad doesn't have to be declared unless money switches hands.  Is grace just receiving products and taking on affiliate type set ups to get any payment she can?  I'm not defending her, I'm more thinking can she not get sponsored work that's straight payment that much anymore since she had the baby.  Her brand and profile have definitely changed.
    There is a lot of pressure on bloggers to maintain a certain style of image.  Generally the image they create themselves.  It must be a lot of pressure to maintain weight to a level you set yourself, always wear make up if that's your thing or not complain about your kids if you're creating the perfect mommy vibe.  I would imagine if things started to change brands would be less interested and she is taking anything she can get and not being fussy at all what she advertises.
    I haven't followed her long - she may always have been like this.  I prefer the more curated bloggers who will only work with certain companies and products.

It's just occurred to me.  Cherry Sue said on snap yesterday that an #ad doesn't have to be declared unless money switches hands.  Is grace just receiving products and taking on affiliate type set ups to get any payment she can?  I'm not defending her, I'm more thinking can she not get sponsored work that's straight payment that much anymore since she had the baby.  Her brand and profile have definitely changed.
    There is a lot of pressure on bloggers to maintain a certain style of image.  Generally the image they create themselves.  It must be a lot of pressure to maintain weight to a level you set yourself, always wear make up if that's your thing or not complain about your kids if you're creating the perfect mommy vibe.  I would imagine if things started to change brands would be less interested and she is taking anything she can get and not being fussy at all what she advertises.
    I haven't followed her long - she may always have been like this.  I prefer the more curated bloggers who will only work with certain companies and products.

Tbh it's gone to the stage with Grace that it's hard to know what's an ad or not anymore. Like she's constantly plugging the Naked Meat conpany and Meaghers.ie but never #ads then. And I doubt she's advertising them out of the goodness of her heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

People have to report it for it to be investigated and have proof to back it up... if someone's not being transparent now I'm not saying anything to them I'm just reporting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

People have to report it for it to be investigated and have proof to back it up... if someone's not being transparent now I'm not saying anything to them I'm just reporting
    Same here! Not worth getting your head torn off by the individual, and then blocked for just asking a question.

• Advertisement

I've seen it all now. MUF showing us all her fairy spray omg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement