Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

She's blocked comments but I've screenshotted her saying it was sent for free and the no #ad and that she sells them in. Revenue and the standards authority will be interested no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Just asked why comments were being deleted on the post, no doubt I'll be blocked too

Well I've been blocked.... ah well... I've the screenshots to prove she didn't #ad or freebie and that she sells them on. Advertising standard and revenue will no doubt be interested. I do find it really interesting that she's blocked me but has a public profile... she knows her account isn't private right? Just goes to show by blocking people pointing out she took free items and questioning it she has no intention of becoming more transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She's deleted comments as she has "no time do deal with vile remarks". What vile remarks! Plenty of time to delete and block tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

I think she's removed the outfit off of her depop...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

lol there's no words

Asking her where she got the clothes from is "vile remarks"

The internet is killing me today

Yep I saw that, I was gonna say I saw no 'vile remarks' (aka people pointing out the truth) but could not be arsed getting into a row. That's pure greed to sell something on like that for x2 the price, just sits really badly with me tbh. So dishonest to delete peoples questions, like if she has nothing to hide, why delete?

She's working off the *fingers in ears la la la la la* theory of if I can't hear it it's not happening.
    The lack of transparency is brutal but selling clothes you got for free from an up and coming Irish business that is now out of business is (in her words) vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

The vile remarks comment is CRACKING ME UP.

"Why are you selling this for twice the original price (that you never paid)?"

THE AUDACITY. WHAT A VILE REMARK. SOMEBODY ALERT THE AUTHORITIES. (Not the ASAI though; they might make a few vile remarks themselves!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

To be fair would you remember the price of something years ago and 45 woudnt be that unreasonable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 DMarie1210

When it comes to bloggers promoting products lately I really feel there not any way directed at there actual followersize? Like recently when muf posted all the screens hots of people excited for her launch the majority were young leaving cert and junior cert students. And all her clothes / make up she uses and tags etc is quite high end. Do these schooley goers have the funds for these products ?
    I myself have loved some of her clothes in particular her sweaty Betty gym gear but can defiantly not afford tye price tag. I find at least with rosie con and pippa there high street stuff is closer to me price range

That's coz students are the only ones dumb (naive) enough to buy her nonsense.

I've commented on the post on her Facebook page asking will she address the issue... I'm assuming I'll get blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

The dress has been deleted from her Depop but apparently sold straight away so why isn't it left up on her page with a sold sign on it like the rest of them?! She's trying to justify herself. Getting caught out and not owning up to it is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭jameorahiely

Ray37 wrote: »
    She commented back that she had the top altered and donates some of the money from Depop to charity and was gifted it years ago.... Still don't see how it justified selling for x2 the price. She also deleted the comment already.

Amazing altering. I wonder who her tailor is. No seam up the front and pattern matching perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

frogstar wrote: »
    To be fair would you remember the price of something years ago and 45 woudnt be that unreasonable

I don't think €45 is necessary unreasonable (if she didn't know the original price), but it's a bit crappy to be selling on freebies you get sent.
    Maybe she's justifying selling it because she spent money to have it altered?

I think a good idea would have been to sell it on and give the money to charity. She could have said something like:
    "I was gifted this outfit a few years ago. I have had x alterations done to the top. I'm not sure of the original price, but am selling for €45 - all proceeds from sale will go to x charity"

All nice and transparent and doesn't make her look greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

That's coz students are the only ones dumb (naive) enough to buy her nonsense.

I've commented on the post on her Facebook page asking will she address the issue... I'm assuming I'll get blocked

Your comment was deleted! I'm sure your blocked now so prob wouldn't be able to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

idunno78 wrote: »
    Your comment was deleted! I'm sure your blocked now so prob wouldn't be able to see it!

Its really shocking behaviour.Do they think that no one will notice? Her response is a childish one.I didnt read any vile comments but her comeback on it that its her page really shows you no criticism however small will be allowed.Fawning over her is welcome though.
    Another lisa Jordan and grace in my opinion.

Since when have they become untouchable?It seems asking or pointing out something just gets you blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

Its really shocking behaviour.Do they think that no one will notice? Her response is a childish one.I didnt read any vile comments but her comeback on it that its her page really shows you no criticism however small will be allowed.Fawning over her is welcome though.
    Another lisa Jordan and grace in my opinion.

Since when have they become untouchable?It seems asking or pointing out something just gets you blocked.

Selling her clothes for twice the price is embarrassing but maybe she is actually short on liquid cash? Why else would you as a "serious business woman" sell off your cast offs at all? Would you see any credible "CEO" selling their cheap clothes for even more than they paid? Having said that she is still living at home.

And all the gym posed pics are just embarrassing now..take a look at Maeve Maddens feed who has highlighted the differences with posed pics and relaxed pics..she should be commended for it ..something MUF should be doing considering her audience seems to be 15-20 year olds..but as per she just deletes..cos she doesn't have time to respond but yet she has time to delete!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

IrishinOz wrote: »
    Selling her clothes for twice the price is embarrassing but maybe she is actually short on liquid cash? Why else would you as a "serious business woman" sell off your cast offs at all? Would you see any credible "CEO" selling their cheap clothes for even more than they paid? Having said that she is still living at home.

And all the gym posed pics are just embarrassing now..take a look at Maeve Maddens feed who has highlighted the differences with posed pics and relaxed pics..she should be commended for it ..something MUF should be doing considering her audience seems to be 15-20 year olds..but as per she just deletes..cos she doesn't have time to respond but yet she has time to delete!

Exactly.Its the same with her giveaways,do companies realise that she gives stuff away that she gets sent! She dosnt credit anything and i doubt she paid for all that stuff herself!.
    Pr people should really do there homework on who should represent or be brand ambassador for their company.Skinny tea,kerrigan foods.the naked meat company.meaghers are all the places i avoid or will not purchase from now due to whom they have collaborated with or who has done sponsered content with no #ad being shown.

Well I got a private message on Facebook (after she's deleted my comment of course) lolz

• Advertisement

Well I got a private message on Facebook (after she's deleted my comment of course) lolz

From Joanne?! Did she wish you love and light?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

I read the instagram post and kept watch on the comments and the 'vile' comments were from people questioning the practice of selling on clothes she got for free. One person called it 'ugly' to act like this and that's the extent of the 'vileness'... All of those comments are deleted now so followers who see the post now are probably assuming she got rightly attacked and insulted as they won't know any better when they can't see the comments.... As mentioned previously, if she had been transparent about the origins of the outfit or better still donated this outfit to charity (as she says she does) as she didn't pay for it, then that would have been a nice gesture. I firmly believe depop should only be used to sell on items you paid for.

Gwan, what was said?

''Hi liv, I see you have an issue with the outfit I posted? I was sent a piece years ago from a boutique that no longer exists, I've been in touch with the boutique this evening after seeing a few comments. I was NOT paid to promote the outfit so it's NOTHING to do with the ASAI guidelines. I also altered the top, sold it on Depop which is perfectly within my right like any girl who sells her clothes on there, however I actually give proceeds to charity and donate the items I don't sell (my entire wardrobe once worn bar dresses) not that I had to explain but you seemed to be quite concerned''. I'm on the mobile so can't attach the screenshot but I have to say I'm honoured... I'd have preferred to have my comment left there and her respond there... don't see the need for private messaging... and it was me who used the ugly word, I said ''make up and beauty is always on point, but ugliness always shines through'' (in regards to not crediting the store that gave her free clothes, disclosing it and deleting people's comments asking for clarification).

Scarlet that she thinks the fact she gives to charity completely negates the unethical practice of selling something for a profit that you were given for free. Sure most of us give to charity. What has that got to do with anything. That line was thrown in there to make you feel bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

and it was me who used the ugly word, I said ''make up and beauty is always on point, but ugliness always shines through'' (in regards to not crediting the store that gave her free clothes, disclosing it and deleting people's comments asking for clarification).
    Fair play to you for telling it like it is, I also saw her response calling your comment "gross".. Very businesslike of her... Really disappointing behaviour by her.

Yeah it really worked too.... I give to charity too, I just don't blab on about it... maybe if she started #charity it might make her a bit more transparent...

I'd be interested to know if she did contact the store... since they've gone out of business and it's 9 o clock on a wednesday....

Mekekka wrote: »
    and it was me who used the ugly word, I said ''make up and beauty is always on point, but ugliness always shines through'' (in regards to not crediting the store that gave her free clothes, disclosing it and deleting people's comments asking for clarification).
    Fair play to you for telling it like it is, I also saw her response calling your comment "gross".. Very businesslike of her... Really disappointing behaviour by her.

Gross? I didn't see it... what was it she said? Pm me if it's easier....

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I've missed all the goings on Shame on Joanne for doing that I actually cannot understand how someone who is a CEO selling their clothes like they need the money she's getting more like grace and just Jordan blogger behaviour from a self named businesswoman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Cria wrote: »
    I've missed all the goings on Shame on Joanne for doing that I actually cannot understand how someone who is a CEO selling their clothes like they need the money she's getting more like grace and just Jordan blogger behaviour from a self named businesswoman.

To be honest,in my opinion, she is far far worse than those two.Her attitude and lack of transparency is a disgrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement