Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My beautiful racist girlfriend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

JamboMac wrote: »
    Why are you asking a question, when you've already decided for yourself. If you can't put up with it then leave, none of us can define whether she's really racist or not as all we have is your opinion.

Spot on, she clearly deserves better.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I'm aware of that

I'm not asking for personal advice. I had a conversation with some male colleagues who felt that racist attitude wasn't a sufficient reason to end a new relationship.

I'm curious as to whether that's a common view to hold

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I've learned that eventually time makes us all prejudice

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

If you said who she dislikes you might get a better picture of other peoples opinions on them as well. You never know she might be in the majority and not the minority....but I doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

If she was an employee in an organisation and dealt with the public and a colleague overheard her views and reported her she would be spoken to.

Not acceptable and by posting your issue it screams that your uncomfortable.

A for dropping her , she is allowed her views and opinions as is everyone but if it's a deal breaker for you than let go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I'm aware of that

I'm not asking for personal advice. I had a conversation with some male collwagues who thought a racist attitude wasn't a sufficientreason to end a new relationship.

I'm curious as to whether that's a common view to hold

It depends.

nostro wrote: »
    Is intolerance towards racists not in and of itself racist
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Photograph of "beautiful girlfriend" and one of her mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Need more info from OP.

1) Photo of racist
    2) Nationality she doesn't like
    3) Contact details / Phone number of racist

Seriously though if it bugs you a lot and her thoughts aren't valid at all probably best to end it.

The OP needs to test his resolve on this issue fully ........... I'd suggest that, the next time he's having intercourse with the racist, he pulls out around 30-20 second mark before the point of orgasm and say "We need to talk........" .......... if he can do that then he should break up with her as it's obviously something he can't ignore and/or get over, if he can't then he's weak and deserves a life of sexual bliss with this monster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Did you just advocate domestic violence ?

Was that a bit too much?

• Advertisement

Long story short, I've started seeing a girl who has recently come out with some pretty racist remarks.

She's a well educated, otherwise intelligent, fun and interesting person. Strangely for a racist, she's fairly well travelled and has lots of interesting opinions. But she is openly racist towards one particular foreign nationality.

Her attitude stinks, and I've tried talking to her but she is unapologetic.

What would you guys do? Is this a deal breaker for most people? It's a deal breaker for me in terms of any kind of on going relationships but most of my male friends think it's an overreaction.

I'm not going to post details of her specific bigotry because would turn into an ugly debate on that nationality and probably a defence of her opinion.

I'm just curious as to whether a racist attitude would cause AHers to break up with someone

Something tells me we'll see you in this thread soon :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057686488&page=39

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Relationship? You already know it's going nowhere by posting a question on a public forum. So you're really asking how long do the benefits outweigh the fact that you find this person repellent? Depends on you and how needy you are for the benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

My missus wasn't particularly racist. Then about 5 years ago she started driving. Now, with plenty of near misses and incidents, she is very racist!:pac:

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Photograph of "beautiful girlfriend" and one of her mates.

I'd drop those two racist scum in a heartbeat!!!

This one however ............... http://www.thefrisky.com/2013-12-10/tila-tequila-is-now-a-nazi-sympathizer-who-calls-herself-hitila/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hey op,
    I know you don't want to go into all the details. But is there anything more you can say?

I ask that because your friends say it isn't a big deal. But you say it is. So any example you can give?
    It's hard to take a side when most of the details aren't said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭hannible the cannible

The Raptor wrote: »
    Was that a bit too much?

I didn't realise there was an acceptable amount of it , my apologies

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Her boyfriend is an idiot ........... and so is she!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Sounds like nationalism more than racism. You won't hear my Greek parent (or ex Greek Air force uncle) say a single nice thing about a Turk, (I suspect Armenians are the same way), Koreans have...issues.. with Japanese simply because they are Japanese, plenty of folks from Ireland have had issues with the English, not many Arabs will say good things about Israelis...
    These aren't racist opinions, they are based on national history. Racism is an opinion of superiority or better worth than someone because of skin color or ethnicity. Nationalism doesn't care about race, but definitely cares about the society that they come from.

It's still racism of a sort. There's a clearer/historical reason for it but it's racism. If you dislike one person, not based on the person they are but because of their country/ethnicity/race then you're a bigot/racist.

Hey op,
    I know you don't want to go into all the details. But is there anything more you can say?

I ask that because your friends say it isn't a big deal. But you say it is. So any example you can give?
    It's hard to take a side when most of the details aren't said.

He's trying a social experiment here. Eventually he will post a picture of an extremely hot Russian chick, and say he dumped her because she hates on Georgians.

And we'll all go: " no, that's not what we meant!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You will all be racists when you get older. She is just getting an early start on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I didn't realise there was an acceptable amount of it , my apologies

I think an open hand is alright but not a closed fist.

I jest!:o

It wouldn't bother me unless she was out in the middle of the night burning crosses in someone's garden , I mean I'm kinda racist myself but I'd draw the line at getting up in the middle of the night

I don't mind it.

We get to keep the pillow covers on our heads and wrap ourselves in the sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnDx

I hate Irish more than any other race. All moans if ya ask me. Funny thing is I'm Irish

nostro wrote: »
    Is intolerance towards racists not in and of itself racist. What you're really saying OP is that we are intolerant of her views because you do not agree with them.

It's only racist if you dislike specifically Black/Asian etc. racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Can she read? If so, buy her a copy of 'Ordinary men' by Christopher Browning. Show her examples where pointless hatred and fear can lead to ordinary people marching other ordinary people into a field, stripping them naked then shooting them all in the head and throwing their corpses in a pit.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

There's two things I hate in life,
    People who are intolerant of other cultures, and the Dutch!!!

He's trying a social experiment here. Eventually he will post a picture of an extremely hot Russian chick, and say he dumped her because she hates on Georgians.

And we'll all go: " no, that's not what we meant!"
    No. Its nothing like that. There's No social experiment. It's an open and shut case of disliking any and every person from one particular part of the world, who are usually pretty identifiable from race & other attributes.

Nobody I've spoken to IRL denies that she's saying racist things. They just differ on whether or not racism is a reason to end things, or at least not so soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

HenryHill wrote: »
    My girlfriend has views like this about Africans and I don't blame her to be honest.

So you are both racists incapable of discerning judgement. May your children come to resent you both for your idiocy.

• Advertisement

That's better put as "I hate xenophobes and Dutch people".

Advertisement