Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My beautiful racist girlfriend

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Buy a Bill Cosby suit put yoself in the blackity face and spook that cracka ho up. No what I'm sayin.

A response courtesy of the crows from Dumbo!!!

I thought it was from the kia ora ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I thought it was from the kia ora ad?

I'm 114 years old what would I know about ki ora.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Clarebelly wrote: »
    In fairness though most lads would **** a hole in the couch if they were struck down with the urge.

Absolutely agree.
    But it does also mean a lot of racism depends on what gender we are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

stimpson wrote: »
    Feckin Greeks. They invented gayness.

It isn't the Greeks, it's the Chinese he's after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Nope couldn't be listening to that shíte, people can think whatever they want but I don't have to wake up next to it. Racists seem to be far more confident about crawling out from under their little rocks these days anyway so I'm sure she and some other gobshíte will make each other very happy. Cracking edgy jokes, tutting at the TV, holding hands a little bit tighter when they have to walk past some ethnic looking types, it'll be lovely for them.

Sure send her this thread as a parting gift, she'll be married in a year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Get rid of her and add 'No racists' to your Tinder profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

If this isn't bull**** and you are genuinely asking an internet forum what you should do, then may god help you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

She doesn't have a problem with Muslims.

Unlike you, evidently.

Roma Gypsies don't just come from Romania you know. :D

If she says that shes wary of any Roma she encounters and doesn't trust them then I would not think that a dumpable offence. However if she said something like Hitler had the right idea wrt Roma Gypsies then I'd tell her to sling her hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭parishsavings

What if your gf disliked your hobby?
    What if you disliked her hobby??
    You wouldn't break up, you would accept that not all your interests are mutual interests!

Now I bet when you are horny, it doesn't bother you, it's only in the moment of clarity after ejaculating that you start to philosophise about her racist tendencies!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Why doesn't the OP just say she doesn't like Muslims? Seems pretty obvious, she along with millions around the world share her opinion.

She probably just hates people from Kyrgyzstan, for having a country name that one has to learn how to spell.

• Advertisement

Roark wrote: »
    If this isn't bull**** and you are genuinely asking an internet forum what you should do, then may god help you both.
    Lads just for clarity again, I have not asked for advice. I'm confident enough of my own opinion.

I'm asking whether anyone has dated a racist, or if not, whether you would date a racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

That so weird op.

Surely she has a reason for that.
    Maybe bring it up and be direct and upfront. Don't let it slide. But don't sleep de off and break up without letting her know.

Find out. May well be she has a good reason for thinking like that.

What if your gf disliked your hobby?
    What if you disliked her hobby??
    You wouldn't break up, you would accept that not all your interests are mutual interests!
    racism isn't a hobby. It's a belief that all the people of a single identity share negative characteristics. It ain't jogging, mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

racism isn't a hobby. It's a belief that all the people of a single identity share negative characteristics. It ain't jogging, mate.

What he said.

Ever see a jogger smile?
    No.
    cos they're hateful cvnts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭parishsavings

OK fair enough all jokes aside what if you had different political or religious beliefs?
    Would you consider this a deal breaker?
    Personally I would, particularly religion, but the racism really wouldn't bother me.

Does she bring up a racist view very often?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Is it the Greeks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

pablo128 wrote: »
    My missus wasn't particularly racist. Then about 5 years ago she started driving. Now, with plenty of near misses and incidents, she is very racist!:pac:
    That's exactly how a lot of men turn sexist. I hope the irony isn't lost on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

It's a deal breaker for me in terms of any kind of on going relationships but most of my male friends think it's an overreaction.

She's hot so. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

If your new gf is a racist, she is not beautiful. She sounds like a rather ugly person tbh.

Racism would be a deal-breaker for me relationship wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

learn_more wrote: »
    If she doesn't like one nationality for whatever reason then it is a gross exaggeration to call her racist. That world is the most inappropriately used word in the English language imo.

Right, so bigoted then. As already said, still morally and ethically dubious, semantics aside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

If she hates an Irish minority famous for robbing and intimidation - she probably has experience of them and is correct in her thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

She sounds hawt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Fleawuss wrote: »
    With one correction you arrive at the definition that most people naturally understand and accept. There's another point: this document was drawn up by human beings and is open to challenge and correction. It may well be tied to international law but we are arriving at a point where the ideas of 1945 have run out of road and need amendment. I would like to see a scientific look at humanity and race: most of us are I suspect made up of several races so the basis of racism is idiotic in that sense. But let's stop invoking the UN or EU as some modern version of "holy" scripture.

Most importantly, and I've argued with FTA69 about using that definition before ages ago is that this UN definition was arrived at not out of any principles of high mindedness or thoughtful logic but was reached by loads of politics relevant to the time (Zionism etc) between the Soviets and the USA, both of which had internal and external issues relating to the outcome.

In relation to the OP, if she hates Nigerians so be it by all accounts loads of Africans do, if she uses Nigerian as a code word for all black Africans thats a pretty different thing.

Disliking a culture is different to racism in my view, judging people by skin tone is straight up racism, assuming people from X place or Y background are likely to act a certain way is narrow minded, would you dump her if she said she hated american rednecks?

Personally I like to keep an open mind life works micro level, everybody you interact with is on an individual level, the same thing applies though to people who vote for trump or hold other non-progressive views.

You say she has made lots of racist statements, how does she actually interact with the people that she hates?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Relationships are all about compromise and nobody is perfect. Your girlfriend has clearly demonstrated this and is willing to get passed your preciousness. Cut her a little slack on the casual xenophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looking forward to the next thread where you ask if you are right to cut contact with that group of male friends who have to be rasict sympathisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

rwbug wrote: »
    If she hates an Irish minority famous for robbing and intimidation - she probably has experience of them and is correct in her thoughts.

This would not qualify as racism. It's an Irish minority, not all Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Most importantly, and I've argued with FTA69 about using that definition before ages ago is that this UN definition was arrived at not out of any principles of high mindedness or thoughtful logic but was reached by loads of politics relevant to the time (Zionism etc) between the Soviets and the USA, both of which had internal and external issues relating to the outcome.

In relation to the OP, if she hates Nigerians so be it by all accounts loads of Africans do, if she uses Nigerian as a code word for all black Africans thats a pretty different thing.

Disliking a culture is different to racism in my view, judging people by skin tone is straight up racism, assuming people from X place or Y background are likely to act a certain way is narrow minded, would you dump her if she said she hated american rednecks?

Personally I like to keep an open mind life works micro level, everybody you interact with is on an individual level, the same thing applies though to people who vote for trump or hold other non-progressive views.

You say she has made lots of racist statements, how does she actually interact with the people that she hates?

Racism is also a nuanced term though and in pretty much every working and practical application of it, it isn't confined to race alone. You mention skin tone above, skin tone and race are actually different things. For instance Pakistanis and Indians and Arabs are the same race as us (Caucasian). When the National Front were attacking corner shops I don't think it would be a stretch to call that 'racist' behaviour. Ethnicity and nationality are very much as poignant as race.

For instance "NO DOGS, NO BLACKS, NO IRISH" - is only one part of that statement racist? Is calling someone a Paki not racist?

It's all the same horrible sh*t at the end of the day regardless of us arguing over definition.

As for the rest of your statement, I agree. People are complex multifaceted characters. My grandparents come out with some mad stuff on that issue but they're still decent, kind people. It's more a generational thing with them as opposed to convinced prejudicial racism, the type of which is quite rare in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Advbrd wrote: »
    This would not qualify as racism. It's an Irish minority, not all Irish.

Most people hate or dislike the Romanian Gypsys you find in Ireland with their organised begging.
    I'm not above saying I have little or no love for them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Most people hate or dislike the Romanian Gypsys you find in Ireland with their organised begging.
    I'm not above saying I have little or no love for them at all.

Would that be classified as racist? I hate Romany Gypsys begging and any other organised beggars. The only Romany Gypsys I have come across are beggars. Does that mean I am racist for this view?

I also have no love for our indigenous travelling bretheren buy do not care if this is described as racist. I have been on the receiving end from them twice and would not let any one of them near my property regardless of "they are not all bad" views held by many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

She's a well educated, otherwise intelligent, fun and interesting person. Strangely for a racist, she's fairly well travelled and has lots of interesting opinions. But she is openly racist towards one particular foreign nationality.

Obviously she's not as intelligent as you think

Advertisement