Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My beautiful racist girlfriend

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I asked earlier and nobody really responded, if you heard someone say "Oh I hate that Irish cúnt", would that not give you any pause for thought about how they feel about Irish people?

And I don't think anyone would actually hear that, because it's not something that would be said in earshot of an Irish person. Just like "Oh that black cúnt", if you have a black friend, would you say that in front of them? If not, why not?

I've had bad interactions with black people and I've referred to those people as stupid bastards, ignorant bitches etc. But when I'm unleashing a string of negative invective against them it doesn't occur to me to include the colour of their skin in that, and I do think it says a lot about somebody if that does occur to them.

Not necessarily - if I heard them say I hate irish cúnts I'd probably think they were a bit racist. I hate that irish cúnt, I'd think they were talking about a specific irish person, who may or may not be a cúnt!

I'd be exactly like you, it just wouldn't occur to me to refer to someones colour if I was talking to them, even if I was arguing with them. There wouldn't really be much point, they know what colour they are! It's pretty much a pointless thing to do.
    If I was talking about them however I would, and in fact probably do.

Maybe it's down to intent, if I'm pissed off enough to actually let rip at someone (which practically never happens btw) I would typically want to upset or annoy them for want of better words. To settle a score of some sort. I'd generally focus on what it was that upset me about them in the first place. Whatever that could have been, it certainly won't have been their skin tone!
    It just wouldn't enter my mind to use someones race as some sort of insult. I'd agree with you that it speaks volumes about someone who would - not necessarily racism though, they could just be ignorant, or not very bright, or just the sort of arsehole who can't control their mouth and then regrets what they've said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    In this instance, yes, 'fat' is being used pejoratively. And you well know it. Same as calling someone a 'black bitch' is drawing her skin colour into the equation in a denigratory manner. Of course you will argue that 'fat' and 'black' aren't being used pejoratively in the above cases but it's not remotely believeable. Whatever, your view is just tedious devil advocate nonsense anyway. :cool: Call someone a 'black bitch' in front of others and a good chunk of them will think you have racist leanings. That's the reality.

They may think that but they may be wrong and that's the point ......... I personally wouldn't write off an individual as a racist if he/she said "that black pr*ck can go f*ck himself!" right after having an argument/disagreement with a black lad ......... if he/she was constantly getting into arguments with people who were all/mostly "coincidentally" black then I would question their motives.

Advertisement