Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My beautiful racist girlfriend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

JayRoc wrote: »
    What you're saying is that you and I differ on the definition of the word "racist".

Well, you...and me and the dictionary.

"the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life."

The above is the UN definition of racism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    That's a very, very good point of discussion and deserves a thread of its own

In the Humanities forum would be the best place for it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

OP you have a girlfriend that is as you say beautiful, educated and well travelled. Seriously unless she is directly saying to a foreign national that they are disgusting to their faces then there is no issue. Quit the faux outrage.

By the way since you are on here complaining about her it looks like you are not meant to be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

So you are both racists incapable of discerning judgement. May your children come to resent you both for your idiocy.

Bit of a stretch there calling me a racist, I said I didn't blame my other half for her feelings. How does that make me a racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Sounds like nationalism more than racism. You won't hear my Greek parent (or ex Greek Air force uncle) say a single nice thing about a Turk, (I suspect Armenians are the same way), Koreans have...issues.. with Japanese simply because they are Japanese, plenty of folks from Ireland have had issues with the English, not many Arabs will say good things about Israelis...
    These aren't racist opinions, they are based on national history. Racism is an opinion of superiority or better worth than someone because of skin color or ethnicity. Nationalism doesn't care about race, but definitely cares about the society that they come from.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion based on the info the OP provided.

Anyway op it's up to yourself. Personally I couldn't abide the general idea that one race is one and The same. I just keep coming back to the principle of if you apply that tone not even you own race but your own country, you realise home dim-witted racism is.

• Advertisement

OP you have a girlfriend that is as you say beautiful, educated and well travelled. Seriously unless she is directly saying to a foreign national that they are disgusting to their faces then there is no issue. Quit the faux outrage.

By the way since you are on here complaining about here it looks like you are not meant to be
    What outrage?

I'm a bit peeved that her one flaw is that she's a racist and not, say... a snorer, or a Nickelback fan...but outrage? No idea where you got that, chief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

FTA69 wrote: »
    "the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life."

With one correction you arrive at the definition that most people naturally understand and accept. There's another point: this document was drawn up by human beings and is open to challenge and correction. It may well be tied to international law but we are arriving at a point where the ideas of 1945 have run out of road and need amendment. I would like to see a scientific look at humanity and race: most of us are I suspect made up of several races so the basis of racism is idiotic in that sense. But let's stop invoking the UN or EU as some modern version of "holy" scripture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

You are too perfect for her OP. Don't let normal humans drag you down.

OP, give someone else a go.

We live in a time where you can't open your mouth without offending some person/s.

Dump her and let her be with someone who accepts her for who she is. She's not perfect, I'm not perfect.

I'll take the time to educate.................

When did the UN publish the dictionary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Grayson wrote: »
    It's cavan people. They stick out miles away and never give you proper change.

As somebody of Cavan descent I'll disagree, a Cavan man will just take your wallet and run. Never in a million years would he consider giving you change!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Why doesn't the OP just say she doesn't like Muslims? Seems pretty obvious, she along with millions around the world share her opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

So precious. There's plenty of lads going out with pure munters that would love a go in a racist.

Why doesn't the OP just say she doesn't like Muslims? Seems pretty obvious, she along with millions around the world share her opinion.
    She doesn't have a problem with Muslims.

Unlike you, evidently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

It wouldn't bother me so long as it wasn't too extreme. But only if I really liked her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I'd have to say, end it. You'd both be better off with more compatible partners. I think couples can differ in terms of temperament, personality, intelligence, looks, sense of humour and so on, but you can't have values that are incompatible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

She doesn't have a problem with Muslims.

Unlike you, evidently.

I actually think you have made it all up to be honest with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Is she a leftie Liberal ?...they be the greatest haters of all.
    They hate everybody who is not like them, which basically is the majority of the worlds population.
    So yep that makes them world leaders in hatred!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Aye, fair enough. We appear to differ on the definition of Dictionary, too.

I actually think you have made it all up to be honest with you.
    funny how you didn't have that opinion when you assumed she hates Muslims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I don't know any nice racists.

I unfortunately know lots of nice racists...you cannot choose your family though. Some people will have an irrational hatred for others but not let it eat them up to become terrible people at all time, just when they have interactions with those they hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Bin her.

There are plenty of knuckledraggers on here for her to get her tentacles on.
    Apartently the new thing from racists is to claim racism has lost all meaning even though it's still clearly defined in the dictionary. Then get all upset when they're called a racist and cry themselves to sleep.
    Has she claimed 'racism has lost all meaning' yet? It's usually a sign you're dealing with an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

a woman i worked with ,and knew to be an otherwise decent, amiable person in my time knowing her, suddenly came out with ''black bitch'' following a dispute with a black customer. kinda shook me for a moment, but i said nothing. i still have that lasting memory of her.

others have frequently used ''paki'' . they got my order wrong? paki bastards! paki ****! along with mocking their accent. in every other sense they were decent, loving people too. all that i've mentioned was never said to their face, it was hidden.

that said, accusations of racism have become more prevalent, a lot of plain ridiculous. say a celeb goes on twitter with ''i love that new indian movie with Keanu Reeves in it'' im thinking they would be slated. ignorance is confused with racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Stick with her OP, my girlfriend told me she hated me for years, she eventually wore down and married me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Apart from the op and on the subject of racism... I find it to be very subjective (or should I say full of hypocrisy)

Take some white bloke who hates people from India. Like am talking a total racist when it comes to them. Full on and full blown. But Johnny-racist would still shag a fine Indian girl. Heck, let's be honest would probably even shag a half-decent Indian girl.

Just like the plantation owners with the black slaves in America. Ain't no secret the owners and members of staff were forcing themselves on to the women. The guys tho had an awful life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Motivator

I'm sorry but the majority of people on here need to take off the white wig and stop judging.

EVERYONE is racist in some way, shape or form. Anyone who says any different is a blatant liar. Granted, not everyone will broadcast it but as sure as grass is green (and taxi men are black 🙊) everyone is racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Idle chat between yourselves or was what was said said in public? If the former laugh it off if the latter run ancient Greek run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Robsweezie wrote: »
    a woman i worked with ,and knew to be an otherwise decent, amiable person in my time knowing her, suddenly came out with ''black bitch'' following a dispute with a black customer. kinda shook me for a moment, but i said nothing. i still have that lasting memory of her.

others have frequently used ''paki'' . they got my order wrong? paki bastards! paki ****! along with mocking their accent. in every other sense they were decent, loving people too. all that i've mentioned was never said to their face, it was hidden.

that said, accusations of racism have become more prevalent, a lot of plain ridiculous. say a celeb goes on twitter with ''i love that new indian movie with Keanu Reeves in it'' im thinking they would be slated. ignorance is confused with racism.

Is saying somebody is a "black bitch" racist? Is it the "bitch" or "black" that offended you?? I assume she was both black and a bitch ....... if she said, upon seeing the black customer and before interacting with her, "here comes another one, I hates blacks!" then that would be racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

Apart from the op and on the subject of racism... I find it to be very subjective (or should I say full of hypocrisy)

Take some white bloke who hates people from India. Like am talking a total racist when it comes to them. Full on and full blown. But Johnny-racist would still shag a fine Indian girl. Heck, let's be honest would probably even shag a half-decent Indian girl.

Just like the plantation owners with the black slaves in America. Ain't no secret the owners and members of staff were forcing themselves on to the women. The guys tho had an awful life.

In fairness though most lads would **** a hole in the couch if they were struck down with the urge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Buy a Bill Cosby suit put yoself in the blackity face and spook that cracka ho up. No what I'm sayin.

A response courtesy of the crows from Dumbo!!!

Advertisement