Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

After messaging a seller back and forth for the last couple of months, I got this message from them today :

Dear Jabbathehut

In that case, please allow us to contact with the shipping company for more information, is that ok? We will check what happened to your parcel and solve all the problem for you, it may take about 10-12 days, so you are suggested to write to us if any more concern.
    Thanks for your patience.

Now I doubt very much that they will get any success from a non tracked item within their shipping system, if even they make the effort in the first place, but maybe they might. And maybe they will find where the backlog is.

However, I reckon this is more of a "wait another 2 or 3 weeks for it to arrive" answer.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I don't know about apologists, but some people are being realistic about what they expect from An Post in this situation. Bringing in extra staff or paying OT to sort through mountains of cheap chinese imports makes no sense for a company that is losing money hand over fist. In fact I'm surprised that AP haven't put their customs clearance charges up from €7 to match the couriers more usual rate of €15. Fair bit of work in it for €7, but they'd prefer to screw us on stamps instead.

I reckon you're right re the increase from €7. But if you say it's costing them too much to sort, and deliver these Chinese packages, then it means they've stopped bothering to sort and deliver. I agree that it's a struggling company, and this is a loss for them, but they are duty bound ( as I was told by AnPost in an email about 2 weeks ago) to deliver any item once it is received into their system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I reckon you're right re the increase from €7. But if you say it's costing them too much to sort, and deliver these Chinese packages, then it means they've stopped bothering to sort and deliver. I agree that it's a struggling company, and this is a loss for them, but they are duty bound ( as I was told by AnPost in an email about 2 weeks ago) to deliver any item once it is received into their system.

I don't think they are just dumping it, but I would think they are sorting it on quieter days, like Tuesdays. Still delivering it, but in no real hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

It doesn't matter if they are a struggling company...if they are unable or unwilling to do their job to a reasonable standard then they need to inform the public of this.

The whole situation now is crazy, the fockers vans are passing my door every day but not delivering my mail because they cannot be bothered to put the freakin mail into their van in the first place.

Then when you contact them you get to wait a week for a crap reply that tells you nothing, only tries to feed you a load of BS.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I don't think they are just dumping it, but I would think they are sorting it on quieter days, like Tuesdays. Still delivering it, but in no real hurry.

Yep. I reckon that's probably something like that that's happening.

archer22 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if they are a struggling company...if they are unable or unwilling to do their job to a reasonable standard then they need to inform the public of this.

The whole situation now is crazy, the fockers vans are passing my door every day but not delivering my mail because they cannot be bothered to put the freakin mail into their van in the first place.

Then when you contact them you get to wait a week for a crap reply that tells you nothing, only tries to feed you a load of BS.

Yeah. It's maddening that something has changed from what was a relatively good estimated time frame from ordering to delivery, to a Jaysus-knows-when situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

mad muffin wrote: »
    The item I needed to arrive by the 3rd of April, and that I payed €15 delivery for arrived in Dublin today four weeks after leaving Hong Kong.

Will it actually arrive to my home on Monday? It will be a pleasant surprise if it does.

Postman has been and gone. So To answer my question. No it did not move any further along and is still in Dublin. Great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 prinkthings1

So I have been having the same problem, im waiting for 17 packages to arrive, all of which have arrived in Ireland. I got on to a very close friend whom works in An Post to find out where my packages are. Only to discover, they are sitting in An Post warehouse in Dublin since December 2016 and have not been delivered to me as they are not deemed priority post. Im sorry but they are priority to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Then pay for priority post?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 prinkthings1

RossieMan wrote: »
    Then pay for priority post?

I did, they had no problem sending me the customs letters looking for my reciepts. Which I sent back, I amounted a charge of 16€ in vat which ive to pay when my products arrive. Its not just products from asia. Im akso waiting on Christmas presents from Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Silent Shrill

I did, they had no problem sending me the customs letters looking for my reciepts. Which I sent back, I amounted a charge of 16€ in vat which ive to pay when my products arrive. Its not just products from asia. Im akso waiting on Christmas presents from Australia.

If indeed an post is holding our goods then they are a bunch of c##ts. This country is getting worse. I will not be paying ott for something from an Irish supplier who is getting it from China. Sack the lot of them and employ others, there's plenty of unemployed people in this country that can do the job better. In fact, you don't need any intelligence to deliver/sort post. "pay for priority post"....get stuffed, we all are paying way too much already for post within Ireland. Queues at post office counters are the norm. I'm all for fairness, but if what has been told is true, then it's just another Irish scandel. **** weather, **** jobs (if you can find one), and now a ****ty postal service...... I'm surprised anyone wants to be in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Silent Shrill

I've just contacted all the sellers I purchased from in China of this disgraceful behaviour from an post, telling them to inform their authorities of the situation here. I urge everyone to do the same that are awaiting on packages. Maybe the Chinese can get an post to do the job they're being paid for. Don't sit by allowing yourself to be dictated to.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,213 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've just contacted all the sellers I purchased from in China of this disgraceful behaviour from an post, telling them to inform their authorities of the situation here. I urge everyone to do the same that are awaiting on packages. Maybe the Chinese can get an post to do the job they're being paid for. Don't sit by allowing yourself to be dictated to.

I very much doubt they can. China post pay An Post pennies (if even that) for delivering each parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So I have been having the same problem, im waiting for 17 packages to arrive, all of which have arrived in Ireland. I got on to a very close friend whom works in An Post to find out where my packages are. Only to discover, they are sitting in An Post warehouse in Dublin since December 2016 and have not been delivered to me as they are not deemed priority post. Im sorry but they are priority to me.

I posted the same, it seems our stuff with free postage is very low on the list of priorities with An Post.
    We have Enda trying to do trade deals with China but when we order stuff from there OUR postal service keeps it in a warehouse for months until they get round to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Will you get over yourself. An post and the post offices aren't bust because everyone is sending post you know.

They get pennies for delivering these packages. If you want it quicker, buy with dhl or a proper delivery company.

I'll get in touch with all my sellers in China now and give them Joe Duffy's number.

An post, your days are numbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

If indeed an post is holding our goods then they are a bunch of c##ts. This country is getting worse. I will not be paying ott for something from an Irish supplier who is getting it from China. Sack the lot of them and employ others, there's plenty of unemployed people in this country that can do the job better. In fact, you don't need any intelligence to deliver/sort post. "pay for priority post"....get stuffed, we all are paying way too much already for post within Ireland. Queues at post office counters are the norm. I'm all for fairness, but if what has been told is true, then it's just another Irish scandel. **** weather, **** jobs (if you can find one), and now a ****ty postal service...... I'm surprised anyone wants to be in this country.

Packages being held by An Post are nothing to do with the sorter or the delivery person, so sacking them and replacing them wont help. The issue is with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Another parcel arrived today... 96 days in transit... Ouch...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Maybe add your posts to the other thread in Online Buying and Auctions to keep a pulse on things all in once place.

BTW 131 days was my latest :pac:

the one that arrived today was 37 days. The one last week was 19 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Little bit disappointed. I'd ordered a dress in February for an event next week , noting the 25 days shipping time listed. Even taking that as business days, thought it would be fine.

Tracker still showing "left Beijing Feb 16th" and nothing else. Not on AnPost website/tracker yet. Reading here that it's taking 3-4 months for stuff to arrive doesn't give me a great deal of hope that it will arrive in time. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I'm having a delay myself from China post. I am waiting on a package since the 16th of January and no sign of it yet. With the Chinese new year at the time that might be the cause of the delay possibly. The tracking says it left Chinese customs on the 17th of February. This is the longest wait by far from China.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Your items are being kept by customs,not an post ,it's up to customs to release them for delivery once the amount owing is asertained by them ,not you,

Then they send them.out via an post , payment on delivery..Or return them if customs is not paid.

Also,customs will usually destroy fake branded goods. So could show up arriving in ireland,. Customs intercepts ...and destroys fake 'real' goods.

NB
    Customs is not an post,or vice versa.

Customs monitor the incoming post.

I just checked a different site for tracking from China to Ireland. It seems it is held by customs in SHENZHEN. Not good, the item cost €40.

This is the final information on the tracking. What do I do in this case I wonder.

2017-02-10 14:49:55,Held by Customs, SHENZHEN

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

I just checked a different site for tracking from China to Ireland. It seems it is held by customs in SHENZHEN. Not good, the item cost €40.

This is the final information on the tracking. What do I do in this case I wonder.

2017-02-10 14:49:55,Held by Customs, SHENZHEN

ask the seller for a refund.

ask the seller for a refund.

Yes, I'll have to get on to the seller immediately.

Your items are being kept by customs,not an post ,it's up to customs to release them for delivery once the amount owing is asertained by them ,not you,

Then they send them.out via an post , payment on delivery..Or return them if customs is not paid.

Also,customs will usually destroy fake branded goods. So could show up arriving in ireland,. Customs intercepts ...and destroys fake 'real' goods.

NB
    Customs is not an post,or vice versa.

Customs monitor the incoming post.
    Its not customs, why on earth would it suddenly become a customs issue..this all begun end of last year.
    So did we only get customs in Ireland then?.
    What is telling is that An Post won't answer questions on the subject...I know I e-mailed them as did others, and believe me if it was customs An Post would be more than happy to shout it out.

Why on earth would they want to cover up for customs :rolleyes:.

BTW vast majority of items coming in from China are under the 21 Euro duty free allowance so are no business of Customs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Its not customs, why on earth would it suddenly become a customs issue..this all begun end of last year.
    What is telling is that An Post won't answer questions on the subject...I know I e-mailed them as did others, and believe me if it was customs An Post would be more than happy to shout it out.

Why on earth would they want to cover up for customs :rolleyes:.

BTW vast majority of items coming in from China are under the 21 Euro duty free allowance so are no business of Customs.

That particular series of posts you're replying to was in fact a customs related issue, see quoted post below for reference:

That particular series of posts you're replying to was in fact a customs related issue, see quoted post below for reference:

Ah ok thanks for pointing out that mistake.
    Anyhow the rest of the post stands for anyone who thinks the bulk of this issue is in any way customs related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I severely doubt it's anything dubious from an post. Also I doubt things are getting to Ireland from China in 1 week. I order please type from there and never had anything land in Ireland within a week even when I paid for faster delivery.

I ordered some stuff from China on several occasions, average wait time was 5 days including Saturday and Sunday. If I heard that from somebody I would think that the company had a shipping location somewhere in Europe, but the tracking and Chinese customs stamps confirmed otherwise, which is absolutely insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

............ Only to discover, they are sitting in An Post warehouse in Dublin since December 2016 and have not been delivered to me as they are not deemed priority post. Im sorry but they are priority to me.

An post have 4 sorting centres for letters Dublin, Cork Athlone and Portlaoise. The Customs are in Portlaoise for parcels. They don't have any warehouses, in Dublin or anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Just ordinary stuff for personal use...mostly free shipping and a few registered. .......
    Out of my around 150 approx items previous to this none had taken 6 weeks.6 weeks then meant lost...only now is it the norm here.

Pretty sure 150 x €21 is over any limit. An while Customs mightn't notice small shipments I would be surprised If they missed 150 to the same person

Advertisement