Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If this was regular it would not be delays, but regular shipping times. But no, I've been ordering things for many years too and have never experienced anything like this before. Someone pulled the lever.

the volume coming from china has also increased dramatically in the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

If this was regular it would not be delays, but regular shipping times. But no, I've been ordering things for many years too and have never experienced anything like this before. Someone pulled the lever.

I think you may have misunderstood. I meant that I have been experiencing sporadic delays (>60 days) over all the time I've been ordering from China. I don't believe it is solely a recent phenomenon though the increased volumes may exacerbate the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I think you may have misunderstood. I meant that I have been experiencing sporadic delays (>60 days) over all the time I've been ordering from China. I don't believe it is solely a recent phenomenon though the increased volumes may exacerbate the issue.

Sporadic yes, systematic no - that's new.
    the volume coming from china has also increased dramatically in the last couple of years.

Well possible, but last year (except for Q4 when I ordered nothing) I was receiving my items as usual within one month, no problems.

If you look at the data analytics the average time took a big jump in Q4 last years but seems to be back to almost normal now.

http://www.17track.net/en/ourdata/country2country?cm=301&cc=905

Sporadic yes, systematic no - that's new.

Well possible, but last year (except for Q4 when I ordered nothing) I was receiving my items as usual within one month, no problems.

Is it systematic though? Data from 17track for registered mail R#***CN shows that the average delivery time peaked in October 2016 at 36 days and has been falling since.

Edit: Sorry. I missed ohnotgmail's identical post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you look at the data analytics the average time took a big jump in Q4 last years but seems to be back to almost normal now.

Data from 17Track is no good when:
    A. The packets arent internationally tracked
    B. The numbers expire before delivery

AP dont scan the packets anyways so many that are delivered never track as such.

ED E wrote: »
    Data from 17Track is no good when:
    A. The packets arent internationally tracked
    B. The numbers expire before delivery

AP dont scan the packets anyways so many that are delivered never track as such.

I avoid untracked mail from china. its even more of a lottery. Any registered packets i receive show as delivered on 17Track. They have to be signed for and scanned on the postmans machine. I cant remember the last expired package i had.

Its not though. Thats the point of the thread. I've used it for years and its now that we're all having problems. Its slow yes, but its always worked.

I cant remember the last expired package i had.

Its never happened to me before, I now have 4(2 Delivered, 2 MIA).

Its not though. Thats the point of the thread. I've used it for years and its now that we're all having problems. Its slow yes, but its always worked.

Its never happened to me before, I now have 4(2 Delivered, 2 MIA).

I'm confused as to what this is responding to.

its even more of a lottery.

The above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

There are no ebay announcements of problems with shipping anywhere in China.And ebay makes such announcements so their customers know what to expect and whats going on.
    Last time I saw one was maybe about 2 years ago informing customers that items shipped via Shanghai could be delayed by one to two weeks for a short period.

Also I have surfed through feedback on the ebay sites and everything seems normal,the usual high rate of positive feedback and praise for fast delivery, with just the usual 1 or 2% of negative..no big upsurge at all.

Only place there seems to be a problem is here..there is no hint of any issues anywhere else.

archer22 wrote: »
    There are no ebay announcements of problems with shipping anywhere in China.And ebay makes such announcements so their customers know what to expect and whats going on.
    Last time I saw one was maybe about 2 years ago informing customers that items shipped via Shanghai could be delayed by one to two weeks for a short period.

Also I have surfed through feedback on the ebay sites and everything seems normal,the usual high rate of positive feedback and praise for fast delivery, with just the usual 1 or 2% of negative..no big upsurge at all.

Only place there seems to be a problem is here..there is no hint of any issues anywhere else.

I had a look at the same data for the UK and other european countries. they all had a similar jump in delivery times in Q4 and all seem to have gone back to normal in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Mmmkay, ordered two items (0.41 USD in total for two :rolleyes:) from two different China shops today just to test that out.

Mmmkay, ordered two items (0.41 USD in total for two :rolleyes:) from two different China shops today just to test that out.

received an item today that was shipped on Feb 23rd. Not sure what the :rolleyes: is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Received something that was shipped at the end of January today. It was the package with the tracking number that said it was in customs for the past month. Funnily enough I fired off an email this morning to customs to see what the hold up was. They were very helpful. It wasn't in any of mailing centers in Dublin or Portlaoise. Then it was on my door step when I came home from work. Coincidence or what?

The Raptor wrote: »
    Received something that was shipped at the end of January today. It was the package with the tracking number that said it was in customs for the past month. Funnily enough I fired off an email this morning to customs to see what the hold up was. They were very helpful. It wasn't in any of mailing centers in Dublin or Portlaoise. Then it was on my door step when I came home from work. Coincidence or what?

Unless you emailed at 2AM then not related. It would have to go out overnight to be in time for todays route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

x2 on that one, Your tracking number on 17track and aftership for SYBPL02415565 show's it left Malaysia on the 10th Feb and arrived in Ireland on the 11th Feb, fat chance of that happening!

As an aside it's not a number anpost will track either as it's not registered mail, so some of the confusion is boiling down to these number's making people think their item's are sitting here for week's on end when they likelihood is they are still on the other side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Recently three packages from Hong Kong, from three different sellers are disappearing after they leave Hong Kong, and aren't arriving to Ireland?!?!

First package left Hong Kong mid January and disappeared. Tracking shows it took a week to leave Hong Kong.

Second shows leaving Hong Kong mid February after a week of being posted and it never arrived to Ireland.

Third package left Hong Kong beginning of March. Poof! Gone into the either. Never arrived in Ireland.

Normaly it would take two weeks, four weeks max to arrive. They are all shipped by registered post. Do they just arrive to Ireland and then set aside? Or are they sitting in another country? One of the items is €150. The other two are only around €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I ordered stuff at the end of January and it's only today that i got it. I have no idea what the delay is as it took 6-7 weeks. I never had to wait that long. Delivery used to be half that.

I'm also waiting on another package that was shipped two weeks ago andd it's up on an post tracking so it's in the country already. So i can't make sense why some things are taking longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

mad muffin wrote: »
    Recently three packages from Hong Kong, from three different sellers are disappearing after they leave Hong Kong, and aren't arriving to Ireland?!?!

First package left Hong Kong mid January and disappeared. Tracking shows it took a week to leave Hong Kong.

Second shows leaving Hong Kong mid February after a week of being posted and it never arrived to Ireland.

Third package left Hong Kong beginning of March. Poof! Gone into the either. Never arrived in Ireland.

Normaly it would take two weeks, four weeks max to arrive. They are all shipped by registered post. Do they just arrive to Ireland and then set aside? Or are they sitting in another country? One of the items is €150. The other two are only around €10.

If An Post don't sort it then of course its not going to show up as being in Ireland.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    If An Post don't sort it then of course its not going to show up as being in Ireland.

So your telling me they are just directing countainer loads from China into warehouses and leaving them there for months? What is there are important letters or packages in there?

I payed €15 shipping for the €150 package thinking it would come sooner.

So your telling me they are just directing countainer loads from China into warehouses and leaving them there for months? What is there are important letters or packages in there?

I payed €15 shipping for the €150 package thinking it would come sooner.

I really don't know but that is the only supposition that fits the evidence.

Then what was the point of me paying shipping thinking I'd get it sooner rather than later, when an post processes all other post before Chinese post?

Shoulda used AddressPal, then AP would have got their cut and it'd be really fast.

Then what was the point of me paying shipping thinking I'd get it sooner rather than later, when an post processes all other post before Chinese post?

There in lies the reason for the problem, An Post doesn't get a cent of that €15 so Irish begrudgery kicks in.

Shoulda used AddressPal, then AP would have got their cut and it'd be really fast.

First time hearing about them was in this thread.

There in lies the reason for the problem, An Post doesn't get a cent of that €15 so Irish begrudgery kicks in.

God damned stupid system. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Just received package that was sent from China 26th november

Utter nonsense. There may be several intermediate destinations on the route where packages could be delayed.

Utter nonsense. There may be several intermediate destinations on the route where packages could be delayed.

If there was a problem outside An Posts own system don't you think they would be telling the world about it?

• Advertisement

If there was a problem outside An Posts own system don't you think they would be telling the world about it?

What are they going to say? Some of the over 36.5 million containers (2015 numbers) that left Shanghai got delayed on the way. Do they even talk to the public about delays?

Advertisement