Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭styron

Oldest free post Aliexpress just emerged from An Post custody five months to the day and obtained another last Thur after 13 weeks. Two still outstanding from Feb 17. Happy just to get the stuff and that wait times are dropping, but the 2-4 wait looks like it's gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

styron wrote: »
    Oldest free post Aliexpress just emerged from An Post custody five months to the day and obtained another last Thur after 13 weeks. Two still outstanding from Feb 17. Happy just to get the stuff and that wait times are dropping, but the 2-4 wait looks like it's gone for good.

I agree. Anything that comes inside that time frame is an anomaly now. I'm still waiting for the majority of stuff I've ordered since late last year. Last week, I got something that I ordered about 2 weeks before.

So, I have a question. Is it the Customs and Excise that are holding the items? I mean, it's not in any shipping company's interest in holding onto goods any longer than they have to; it'll cost them more for storage, and the use of the containers. The only blockage is in Ireland when the goods land. The only point that can hold up the goods is the C&E and AnPost.

Now, I'm well behind to lay the blame at AnPosts door for this delay, but could it be that Customs are to blame?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I agree. Anything that comes inside that time frame is an anomaly now. I'm still waiting for the majority of stuff I've ordered since late last year. Last week, I got something that I ordered about 2 weeks before.

So, I have a question. Is it the Customs and Excise that are holding the items? I mean, it's not in any shipping company's interest in holding onto goods any longer than they have to; it'll cost them more for storage, and the use of the containers. The only blockage is in Ireland when the goods land. The only point that can hold up the goods is the C&E and AnPost.

Now, I'm well behind to lay the blame at AnPosts door for this delay, but could it be that Customs are to blame?

Its actually very much in An Posts interest to hold it as long as possible....it gets the buyers and sellers seriously pizzed off, so buyers stop buying, sellers will probably eventually stop shipping and.. An Post ends up with less costs for sorting and delivery.
    I don't believe its customs, An Post would be happy to broadcast that..but they are remaining tight lipped on this entire subject.
    Bottom line is never underestimate the deviousness of Irish Gombeen businessmen managers and CEOs...especially given that the country has virtually no laws or law enforcement and only joke regulators and ombudsmen...end result is everything is going feral.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bog master

Item ordered 3rd December arrived yesterday and item ordered 5th December sauntered in the letterbox on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I stopped claiming refunds... Those delays are not sellers' fault, not fair to punish them...

I hope the stuff eventually pops up...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you go back a few pages, it has been discussed as to who people think are at fault. Probably a combination of factors, but nobody can prove anything.

archer22 wrote: »
    Its actually very much in An Posts interest to hold it as long as possible....it gets the buyers and sellers seriously pizzed off, so buyers stop buying, sellers will probably eventually stop shipping and.. An Post ends up with less costs for sorting and delivery.
    I don't believe its customs, An Post would be happy to broadcast that..but they are remaining tight lipped on this entire subject.
    Bottom line is never underestimate the deviousness of Irish Gombeen businessmen managers and CEOs...especially given that the country has virtually no laws or law enforcement and only joke regulators and ombudsmen...end result is everything is going feral.

I think it's a good point that AnPost aren't blaming Customs for the delays. In fact, they're not blaming anyone, which does seem to point to them being at fault. That, and it's in AnPosts interest not to sort and deliver if it is a loss making part of the company.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    If you go back a few pages, it has been discussed as to who people think are at fault. Probably a combination of factors, but nobody can prove anything.

I read through the thread a while back, but must have forgot that.

However, it doesn't look like a combination of factors; it looks more like it's An Posts fault for one reason that they won't sort and deliver because they don't make any money from it.

And, as you say, no one can prove anything. Unless you get a whistleblower or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Finally my package from Russia arrives. 3 emails from An Post in the last week saying they hadnt got it. Arrived in ireland on the 20th. Jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

A registered post order from Feb. 19 2017 has just landed and appears on An Post's tracking....right before the Good Friday & Bank Holiday weekend!

izd4Q6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Interesting update.
    NOTRACKING
    SHIPPED 3FEB 17
    ARRVIED 13APR 17 69 Days

Whats curious is it was delivered at 6.15PM with a "You werent 'ere earlier"(via 3rd party). Not any neighbour, grey saloon like the one the regular postie parks and delivers mail from, leaving a bunch of mail unsecured for extended periods which I've always wondered about.

If it was him, since when does the mail carrier operate anytime after 2.30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ED E wrote: »
    Interesting update.

Whats curious is it was delivered at 6.15PM with a "You werent 'ere earlier"(via 3rd party). Not any neighbour, grey saloon like the one the regular postie parks and delivers mail from, leaving a bunch of mail unsecured for extended periods which I've always wondered about.

Got registered parcel today. 31 days - not bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

ED E wrote: »

Sometimes I get packages from my postman early in the morning and other times it's a different person later in the afternoon/evening. Not sure what criteria they use as sometimes my regular postman has large packages and the 2nd delivery man would have a tiny package, even had the regular guy just knock on the door once with the docket for collection from the depot and when I answered he went out and got the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

One of my items (last one) ordered on 23 of December arrived yesterday. 111 days. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

Two items arrived this morning. Ordered on 26th and 28th Feb.

Hopefully more to follow.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Time to reset the counter. :cool:

7 items ordered last night. :D

Ready, set, go! ;)

lol. Aren't you the hopeful one.

I'm waiting on 2 sunglasses. Both registered post. Both ordered from the same seller, at the same time. Only one shows up on the An Post site since last Thursday. Jaysus knows where the other one is.

Or perhaps An Post knows too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

2 items arrived this morning. Both posted on March 30th.

2 items arrived here too.

1 to home address bought 27th Feb.

1 to Parcel Motel bought 21st April.

Still waiting on things from late Jan early Feb.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 5 graphelan

hi, I am having similar issues. I have ordered from China and goods are being delivered via Yanwen. It has said that package has "Ireland Arrive at Ireland airport." it has been at this status for more than a month. How long did it take for your package to arrive in the end?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Thread is two years old, can't remember back that far !!!

Thread here though about more recent delays: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057689533

• Advertisement

graphelan wrote: »
    hi, I am having similar issues. I have ordered from China and goods are being delivered via Yanwen. It has said that package has "Ireland Arrive at Ireland airport." it has been at this status for more than a month. How long did it take for your package to arrive in the end?

Thanks

if that status is only a couple of days after it was posted i would ignore it.

hi, I am having similar issues. I have ordered from China and goods are being delivered via Yanwen. It has said that package has "Ireland Arrive at Ireland airport." it has been at this status for more than a month. How long did it take for your package to arrive in the end or has it? I can see you posted 48 days ago and still no sign?

Thank you!!

hi, I am having similar issues. I have ordered from China and goods are being delivered via Yanwen. It has said that package has "Ireland Arrive at Ireland airport." it has been at this status for more than a month. How long did it take for your package to arrive in the end or has it? I can see you posted 48 days ago and still no sign?

when was it posted and when did it say that it arrived in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My Yanwen item is still outstanding.
    Mar 16, 2017
    01:00 pm
    Handled by airline,flight No..
    Mar 16, 2017
    01:00 am
    Prepare to dispatch.
    Internationg Mail Center
    Mar 15, 2017
    01:00 am
    Received.
    Internationg Mail Center
    Mar 14, 2017
    11:00 pm
    Accepted.
    Internationg Mail Center
    Mar 14, 2017
    09:00 pm
    The post office of electronic information has been received.
    Mar 14, 2017
    01:42 am
    Despatched from yanwen sorting center.
    Shenzhen
    Mar 13, 2017
    09:11 pm
    Process completed in yanwen sorting center.
    Shenzhen
    Mar 13, 2017
    07:07 pm
    Yanwen Acceptance.
    Mar 12, 2017
    08:18 am
    The item information was created by the seller.

Left China on 4th March, arrived to Ireland on the 19th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Thanks

Yeah that doesn't seem right that it has arrived in Ireland after a week. For me, post from China usually takes 3 weeks, most of the 3 weeks is the item actually arriving in Ireland and then An Post are fairly fast at delivering it there after. If the tracking says it has arrived in Ireland after a week there are a number of possibilities, the translation could just be bad, maybe it means "shipped out to Ireland" or something or else the tracking number is fake which is a common thing, a proper tracking number should have 2 letters at the start, then numbers and finally a "CN" at the end if it came from China. If it has CN at the end you should be able to track it via An Post when it arrives in Ireland. Give it another week or so and then contact the seller. I have ordered many things from China, most arrived within 3 weeks or a month and then the odd one I got a refund for as both parties wrote the item off and then it arrived after a ridiculous 3 months. But anyway, just have to be patient when waiting on items from China.

2 more items arrived this morning,ordered late Jan and early Feb.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I received something this morning that I ordered on the 11th of November from aliexpress. That's 162 days. The postmark says 13/11/16 so that's 160 days in transit.

I still have one other item ordered at the same time that's not here yet and another one from ebay from mid October. I had given up on them but, given today's arrival, they may come yet!

• Advertisement

I received something this morning that I ordered on the 11th of November from aliexpress. That's 162 days. The postmark says 13/11/16 so that's 160 days in transit.

I still have one other item ordered at the same time that's not here yet and another one from ebay from mid October. I had given up on them but, given today's arrival, they may come yet!

I hope you have already received a refund for it.

Advertisement