Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I have a tracking number that shows there's a package in Dublin mail center since last Wednesday.

What's this about standard post being delivered the next working day?

I knew I wouldn't get it on Thursday, but nothing today.

I think they just hang on to mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The Raptor wrote: »
    I have a tracking number that shows there's a package in Dublin mail center since last Wednesday.

to be fair it is quite unusual for a package to not be delivered the next day. depending on where you live of course.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Is it fair to presume its coming from China? If so, customs are probably having a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Is it showing on anpost tracking as here since Wednesday or is this Aliexpress tracking? I had a delivery this morning,that was scanned in on Thursday at the DMC

5500 wrote: »
    Is it showing on anpost tracking as here since Wednesday or is this Aliexpress tracking? I had a delivery this morning,that was scanned in on Thursday at the DMC

Yep, it's showing on an post tracking. So I'm not sure what the hold up is.

• Advertisement

Normally if customs stop it it say's "ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS" or "ITEM HELD BY CUSTOMS"
    If that doesn't show up by the morning then I'd be giving them a bell to see what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

vandriver wrote: »
    http://prnt.sc/em62uk

I'm beating you all!
    Ordered Oct 25th,delivered this morning.
    147 days.

I really hope I don't beat your record.
    Yep, it's showing on an post tracking. So I'm not sure what the hold up is.

If it was R&C as above it'd tell you. Also DMC@revenue.ie respond quickly if you want to check.

It can happen that lads in DSUs don't scan an item so it doesn't track until it magically appears at your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Yep, I have lots of CN stuff MIA. Have been wondering what's going on, as I never had to wait so long for ALL items I bought in short period of time. None of it was urgent or valuable, but two or more months is acceptable only for useless silly yokes or future replacement stuff. Also, more and more of those products can be bought on and fullfilled by amazon.co.uk at marginally higher prices - only the free delivery threshold is an obstacle. Nevertheless, would love to know what's causing those delays.
    Edit: OK, just finished the lecture of this thread, it all adds up.

Yesterday I received an item posted via the untrackable small packets China Post service on October 22nd.

Got the refund for it last week :rolleyes:

Not your fault at all, but with enough cases like this overseas sellers might finally start refusing untracked delivery to ROI. Just look at all the listings refusing shipping to Italy and some other countries, because of super-slow destination postal service and buyers making lots of refund claims.

Should be getting something today. My package is the local mail center. What I don't get is why this package is here and it was sent in mid February and I'm still waiting on things from the end of January/start of February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Not your fault at all, but with enough cases like this overseas sellers might finally start refusing untracked delivery to ROI. Just look at all the listings refusing shipping to Italy and some other countries, because of super-slow destination postal service and buyers making lots of refund claims.

And that I think is what this game is all about ;).

I can understand folks looking for refunds but for my part I have not, because I feel that is what some cute hoors want me to do.
    And I ain't playing the game!.

archer22 wrote: »
    And that I think is what this game is all about ;).

I can understand folks looking for refunds but for my part I have not, because I feel that is what some cute hoors want me to do.
    And I ain't playing the game!.

how can we screw An Post back on this if they are screwing us?
    petition? complaints are pointless it seems.

No response from AP Customer Care. No case number for COMREG. Time to email Naughten.

I'm not sure if it was here or the gearbest thread but I can get more tracking information on sky56.cn

One package I was waiting on and it turns out it arrived into Ireland at a reasonable enough time, it took about two weeks.

It's in customs since the 17 February. What's going on here? Did they keep it? It was only a pair of earphones and a small pet costume, so nothing illegal.

I'm not sure if it was here or the gearbest thread but I can get more tracking information on sky56.cn

One package I was waiting on and it turns out it arrived into Ireland at a reasonable enough time, it took about two weeks.

It's in customs since the 17 February. What's going on here? Did they keep it? It was only a pair of earphones and a small pet costume, so nothing illegal.

To steal your tracking number for a minute:

Aftership:
    Feb 11, 2017
    06:45 am
    Item Arrived at IrelandMalaysia Post EMS / Pos Laju
    Ireland
    Feb 10, 2017
    04:56 pm
    Item Sent to IRELANDMalaysia Post EMS / Pos Laju
    MPC PMIH (KLIA)
    Feb 08, 2017
    10:54 am
    Item Posted Over The Counter to IrelandMalaysia Post EMS / Pos Laju
    MPC PMIH (KLIA)
    Feb 07, 2017
    03:43 pm
    Dispatch PreAlert to IrelandMalaysia Post EMS / Pos Laju
    MPC PMIH (KLIA)

https://track.aftership.com/malaysia-post/SYBPL02415565

17 Track:
    Origin Country - Cache Time: 2017-03-21 17:40
    2017-02-11 06:45 Ireland, Item Arrived at Ireland
    2017-02-10 16:56 MPC PMIH (KLIA), Item Sent to IRELAND
    2017-02-08 10:54 MPC PMIH (KLIA), Item Posted Over The Counter to Ireland
    2017-02-07 15:43 MPC PMIH (KLIA), Dispatch PreAlert to Ireland

http://www.17track.net/en/track?nums=SYBPL02415565

Sky56
    Electronic information,receive--02-Feb-2017 03:59 PM

Small package Center, receive--02-Feb-2017 05:59 PM

Parcel centre,sealing--02-Feb-2017 08:59 PM

Small package Center, left--02-Feb-2017 10:32 PM

Exchange Bureau, have been exported to open--04-Feb-2017 06:32 AM

Exchange Bureau, have been exported directly--05-Feb-2017 12:35 AM

Transit Center,left hand navigation--05-Feb-2017 06:09 AM

IRELAND, Arrived --17-Feb-2017 06:09 AM

IRELAND, the transfer of customs-- 17-Feb-2017 09:49 AM

http://sky56.cn/english/track/index

Would have expected them to match up, thought the UPU was meant to standardise these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Again you're taking dodgy Chinese tracking as gospel.

Again you're taking dodgy Chinese tracking as gospel.

Well I don't understand how it's showing up as being in Ireland. It's not 24 hours between the posting of the item and getting here. It took about two weeks. So I don't see anything dodgy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I ordered stuff from amazon which is coming from China

They used dhtexpress

Posted 10 days ago and now shows in sorting facility in citywest.

Is that legit?

Well I don't understand how it's showing up as being in Ireland. It's not 24 hours between the posting of the item and getting here. It took about two weeks. So I don't see anything dodgy about it.

But ED E posted two other tracking companies that disagree with your original.

If we are to take your claim that the tracking is legit. How does the Chinese side know it's in Ireland? It would have to be scanned here right? Now you're into the territory of An Post altering their tracking so that it doesn't show up as being in the country. I don't buy into that conspiracy sorry.

My own theory is that a lot of these packages are being shipped by sea and that containers are being delayed at intermediate points in the journey.

If we are to take your claim that the tracking is legit. How does the Chinese side know it's in Ireland? It would have to be scanned here right? Now you're into the territory of An Post altering their tracking so that it doesn't show up as being in the country. I don't buy into that conspiracy sorry.

Disagree.

Say its shipped with CNPost. CNPost Pay Acme Postal to deliver from China to Ireland.

CN scan it in China
    Acme Postal Scan it in China
    Acme Postal Scan it in Ireland
    .. Period while An Post do nothing
    An Post Scan it
    An Post Deliver it

Just because AP havent done intake doesnt mean its not here. The cages before AP process an item is a bit of a no mans land.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Disagree.

Say its shipped with CNPost. CNPost Pay Acme Postal to deliver from China to Ireland.

CN scan it in China
    Acme Postal Scan it in China
    Acme Postal Scan it in Ireland
    .. Period while An Post do nothing
    An Post Scan it
    An Post Deliver it

Just because AP havent done intake doesnt mean its not here. The cages before AP process an item is a bit of a no mans land.

Who are these third party companies (Acme Postal in your theoretical example)? Surely they should be approached for their take on the matter.

Im not sure who exactly is used but it'd be the big logistics firms. AFAIK DHL have a fair number of cargo routes out of DUB so it wouldnt surprise me if they're involved.

In the same way that if your packets to a server in France are slow you contact Eir/Virgin/etc not Level3/Cogent: its not really the partners problem. They're offering a B2B service to the national mail carriers, the mail carriers are consumer facing and under service obligations.

Im not sure who exactly is used but it'd be the big logistics firms. AFAIK DHL have a fair number of cargo routes out of DUB so it wouldnt surprise me if they're involved.

In the same way that if your packets to a server in France are slow you contact Eir/Virgin/etc not Level3/Cogent: its not really the partners problem. They're offering a B2B service to the national mail carriers, the mail carriers are consumer facing and under service obligations.

Do you believe An Post is engaged in a conspiracy to delay certain packages for whatever reason?

No conspiracy. Just ineptitude/indifference.

At the end of last year we had 11/11, Black Friday and then Christmas. This would cause a surge. 11/11 got the Minister for Post in Russia fired previously remember.

AP could have hired extra hands to deal with it, or put some overtime on to work the backlog down. Instead it appears (I cant waltz into the DMC to check) that they're dealing with current arrivals as normal and very very slowly processing the backlog of Chinese packet mail when they have spare manhours at the end of a sorting shift.

No conspiracy. Just ineptitude/indifference.

At the end of last year we had 11/11, Black Friday and then Christmas. This would cause a surge. 11/11 got the Minister for Post in Russia fired previously remember.

AP could have hired extra hands to deal with it, or put some overtime on to work the backlog down. Instead it appears (I cant waltz into the DMC to check) that they're dealing with current arrivals as normal and very very slowly processing the backlog of Chinese packet mail when they have spare manhours at the end of a sorting shift.

Perhaps you're right but as long as I've been purchasing from China (over 10 years) I've been experiencing these delays at all times of the year. I just think it's unfair to lay the blame on An Post when we don't know the logistics of how the packages actually get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Do you believe An Post is engaged in a conspiracy to delay certain packages for whatever reason?

Conspiracies in Ireland....hell no :D

Did the police have a conspiracy to destroy whistleblowers.

Did the banks conspire to defraud the Public

Did the church conspire to cover up abuse

Did charities conspire to scam the public.

Just a sample of the better known ones haven't time to go through the thousands of others.
    No sireeeee no conspiracies in Ireland...nothing to see here :pac:

Surely theres someone on boards working in the dmc or another mail centre that can give an insight as opposed to the local postie, as when ive asked my own hes told me the local unit is generally cleared out daily, so theres no cages of backlogged post sitting there.

Im dubious to container loads of packets from china sitting in the dmc given the volume of post that likely comes in from there, of course they could hold it offsite (iirc they still use the old anpost/sds site on the naas road at clondalkin for sorting at christmas) but still i edge on navis theory of it being the third party agent who chinapost use being slow.

Having sea shipped post items from asia before, 3/4 months can be the norm depending on ship schedules with the transhipping agents, so its not uncommon for large delays on the front.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

With the volumes coming out of China these days, they are likely using containers, either full or part loads, via Rotterdam or Antwerp. These container ships leave usually twice a week, but can be affected by weather conditions en route etc. Same system from the European ports, departure on certain days of the week.
    There are times when there is an imbalance in trade too, with too much traffic on certain routes, leaving no equipment or space on other routes. Things like Hanjin Line going bankrupt puts a lot of pressure on existing routes and equipment, as they were South Korea's biggest container line.
    With the cheap post, it's probably not going to get priority over other, better paying cargo. Arrival into Dublin, and you have AP not paying overtime to sort Chinese post as they have already paid out for the November/Christmas rush. They couldn't dedicate more OT to parcels they get a pittance to deliver.

I'm sure customs are very busy too. Someone may have suggested that too much low value product is coming through and should be checked more thoroughly. It happens that they blitz certain channels at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

As the items seem to come much quicker to the UK is there any sort of mail consolidation service that you could say send 10 Ali items to and as each one is delivered to a UK address they are stored and then once all 10 have arrived they are all packed into one parcel and delivered for a reasonable fee?

• Advertisement

Perhaps you're right but as long as I've been purchasing from China (over 10 years) I've been experiencing these delays at all times of the year. I just think it's unfair to lay the blame on An Post when we don't know the logistics of how the packages actually get here.

If this was regular it would not be delays, but regular shipping times. But no, I've been ordering things for many years too and have never experienced anything like this before. Someone pulled the lever.

Advertisement