Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

glasso wrote: »
    one more point - what is the UK's customs limit? e.g. is it higher than the 20-something euro in Ireland? I've anecdotally heard that they are more lax than in Ireland also - is that true or not?

HMRC are far far less effective than the Rev. About the only Govt function that performs well.

Good explanation of china post shipping methods
    http://track-chinapost.com/?p=686

this e-packet delivery (available to Ireland) might be an economic way to combat the An Post indifference

https://www.oberlo.com/blog/what-is-epacket-delivery/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »
    Waiting on quite a few items here too.

The longest is from the 25th of Jan.

I ordered something on 26th of Feb and reordered the same thing today, but this time I'm having it delivered to my Parcel Motel address in NI, will be interesting to see which one gets here first.

I'll post this on both threads on this subject.

I'm waiting on about 12 things from China ordered on eBay since the end of January. So far in 2017 I've had no items delivered. All are small bits and pieces with no tracking. I've been buying items like this with no problems for years, there was some delays but nothing major.

On 20 Feb I ordered some small motorcycle electrical items to be delivered to me in Dublin. I'm still waiting on these.

On 15 March I ordered the exact same items from the same seller, but this time put my parcel motel delivery address in Northern Ireland. These arrived yesterday morning.

I've come to the conclusion that An Post are now purposely either not delivering, or delaying small packets coming from China , Hong Kong etc.

I won't be ordering anything else from China to my home address until there is some clarity from An Post on whats happening with what must be a mountain of undelivered post by now.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

Waiting on quite a few items here too.

The longest is from the 25th of Jan.

I ordered something on 26th of Feb and reordered the same thing today, but this time I'm having it delivered to my Parcel Motel address in NI, will be interesting to see which one gets here first.

I'm waiting on about 12 things from China ordered on eBay since the end of January. So far in 2017 I've had no items delivered. All are small bits and pieces with no tracking. I've been buying items like this with no problems for years, there was some delays but nothing major.

On 20 Feb I ordered some small motorcycle electrical items to be delivered to me in Dublin. I'm still waiting on these.

On 15 march I ordered the exact same items from the same seller, but this time put my parcel motel delivery address in Northern Ireland. These arrived yesterday morning.

I've come to the conclusion that An Post are now purposely either not delivering, or delaying small packets coming from China , Hong Kong etc.

I won't be ordering anything else from China to my home address until there is some clarity from An Post on whats happening with what must be a mountain of undelivered post by now.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Ordered 2 small items on Ebay from China no tracking.

One on the 13th Feb 2017.
    The second item on the 20th Feb 2017.

Neither have arrived.

Never really had any issues ordering from China until the last couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just had a chat with our postman today he says the An Post have the capacity to sort stuff from China without paying overtime but they are just aren't bothering to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread on same topic moved from Consumer Issues and merged

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

On 15 march I ordered the exact same items from the same seller, but this time put my parcel motel delivery address in Northern Ireland. These arrived yesterday morning.

I think it should be classed as a criminal issue by now...but then is there any laws or even any law enforcers in this ridiculous joke of a 4th world country :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

my3cents wrote: »
    Just had a chat with our postman today he says the An Post have the capacity to sort stuff from China without paying overtime but they are just aren't bothering to sort it.

Did he give any reason why? I mean, if it's not costing them anything, then what do they have to gain?

Unless that they're hoping to force Chinese sellers to end free shipping, and thereby allowing AnPost to make something out of the transaction when we have to pay for shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Did he give any reason why? I mean, if it's not costing them anything, then what do they have to gain?

Unless that they're hoping to force Chinese sellers to end free shipping, and thereby allowing AnPost to make something out of the transaction when we have to pay for shipping?

They want Ireland to get a bad name with Chinese vendors so they will blacklist it, and thats whats going to happen.Chinese aren't going to keep sending here and then giving refunds.
    Really there must be serious breaches of trading laws going on here with this scam.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

my3cents wrote: »

Your local postman knows this? My postie barely knows which side of the van to get out, neve mind what goes on in Port Laoise or Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

whiterebel wrote: »
    Your local postman knows this? My postie barely knows which side of the van to get out, neve mind what goes on in Port Laoise or Dublin.

I obviously don't know but he often tells me that the information comes through the union? Make what you will of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

I got a package delivered yesterday that I had ordered the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Why not report to comreg and tell us what they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

My package that came into Dublin on Friday wasn't delivered till Tuesday. And this was a package I payed €15 to be delivered. The mind boggles…

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Had an order from 19.2.2017 arrive today (Aliexpress), and one from 26.2.2017 arrive yesterday. Seems to be getting better..though I'm still waiting for stuff from January...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

I ordered an item which previously had been delivered very quickly on the 19/03/17.
    It was posted on 23/03/17 and arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Had an order from 19.2.2017 arrive today (Aliexpress), and one from 26.2.2017 arrive yesterday. Seems to be getting better..though I'm still waiting for stuff from January...

Same here, anything ordered since Christmas is back to normal for me, the usual four to five weeks.

Received one today via untracked Chinapost that was shipped March 1st.

Thanks for keeping it going guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

My order from February 21st finally landed in Dublin.. tracking is a bit messy but it says sent to customs. Hmm. Cant wait to hear what they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

My dress left Beijing on Feb 16th - if it doesn't arrive tomorrow it's no use to me :(

Last update on China post tracking is:
    2017-02-16 21:23:08.0 leaving Beijing Airport going to next airport/seaport

Still not showing in An Post tracker - do I enter the full RN22xxxxxxxCN there?

Thoie wrote: »
    Still not showing in An Post tracker - do I enter the full RN22xxxxxxxCN there?

Yep. Numbers that start with RX and end in an ISO country code should track both ends. If they havent scanned it yet I wouldnt be hopeful of it being on tomorrows route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Received an item from November 11th last week, and an order from Dec 25th today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Yes. Have received a few refunds from sellers for stuff dating back to January. Still have a few items outstanding. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Received an order that I placed today on Jan 16th. Already got a refund for it. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

My first time using aliexpress. I was told that stuff takes a long time do I've been waiting patiently until this morning I get an emailed saying my order is finished? On the tracking it says departed transit country desination Ireland and that was Feb 20th. Where do I go from here. Do I sit here patiently waiting or what.

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    My first time using aliexpress. I was told that stuff takes a long time do I've been waiting patiently until this morning I get an emailed saying my order is finished? On the tracking it says departed transit country desination Ireland and that was Feb 20th. Where do I go from here. Do I sit here patiently waiting or what.

Thats the escrow service Ali Provide.

1. You order and Pay
    2. Ali holds the money
    3. Seller Ships
    4. Parcel Arrives
    5. Ali release the money to the seller

As its taking so long the escrow period is timing out and they give over the money anyways.

Should arrive sometime before June.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Received 3 CN orders from mid Feb this week. Several more from the same period still pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Ive used Parcel Motel for my recent orders and they have been 7-10 days max. Also got a few orders direct from China to Ireland in same amount of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Order from Feb 20/21 landing tomorrow. With a customs charge. But at least its here!

Advertisement