Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

joeysoap wrote: »
    Pretty sure 150 x €21 is over any limit. An while Customs mightn't notice small shipments I would be surprised If they missed 150 to the same person

Did the poster say 150 items in a single order?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Just received today a package from china ordered on Ebay in November, 4 months to get here, was refunded in January as lost in post , this as happen 3 times now in last 6 months, each time refunded as lost in post after waiting 2/3 months, seems to have got worst recently , used to be 4/6 weeks, don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Esel wrote: »
    Did the poster say 150 items in a single order?

No, but they might arrive in Ireland at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From other thread:
    SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Just received today a package from china ordered on Ebay in November, 4 months to get here, was refunded in January as lost in post , this as happen 3 times now in last 6 months, each time refunded as lost in post after waiting 2/3 months, seems to have got worst recently , used to be 4/6 weeks, don't know why.
    grogi wrote: »
    Another parcel arrived today... 96 days in transit... Ouch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

An post have 4 sorting centres for letters Dublin, Cork Athlone and Portlaoise. The Customs are in Portlaoise for parcels. They don't have any warehouses, in Dublin or anywhere else.

I think a sorting centre and a warehouse are a tad similar.

An Post are holding items belonging to people for an unacceptable length of time in their warehouse sorting centres!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No, but they might arrive in Ireland at the same time.

Did they even say they were all ordered on the same day from the same supplier? :)

What are the chances of your scenario actually occurring, do you think?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Did they even say they were all ordered on the same day from the same supplier? :)

What are the chances of your scenario actually occurring, do you think?

Agreed poster didn't say they were ordered at the same time.

( but if by chance some of them arrived on the one consignment there's a possibility that Customs might take an interest)

magentis wrote: »

An Post are holding items belonging to people for an unacceptable length of time in their warehouse sorting centres!

And you know this to be 100% true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ive a parcel from russia. Its in ireland since the 20th as its being tracked....still waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

An post have 4 sorting centres for letters Dublin, Cork Athlone and Portlaoise. The Customs are in Portlaoise for parcels. They don't have any warehouses, in Dublin or anywhere else.

You think the customs operate from one place only? They operate at the airports,sea ports,mobile units ,mobile scanning trucks for parcels that go countrywide, they are permanent residents at international airports and seaports,they attend all major parcel depots that receive international items ,dpd,an post, you name it. They bring the sniffer dogs too.

Your well mis informed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

And you know this to be 100% true?

I doubt many people know 100% but the rumour among An Post staff is that because An Post under an international agreement don't get paid for delivering mail from China (that is a fact) An Post management are restricting the amount of time spent sorting it so a backlog has built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

my3cents wrote: »
    I doubt many people know 100% but the rumour among An Post staff is that because An Post under an international agreement don't get paid for delivering mail from China (that is a fact) An Post management are restricting the amount of time spent sorting it so a backlog has built up.

the last two packages i received took 37 days and 19 days. What you say may be true but it seems to have only had an effect at the end of last year when volumes increased and now seems to be back to something like normal.

You think the customs operate from one place only? They operate at the airports,sea ports,mobile units ,mobile scanning trucks for parcels that go countrywide, they are permanent residents at international airports and seaports,they attend all major parcel depots that receive international items ,dpd,an post, you name it. They bring the sniffer dogs too.

Your well mis informed

Apologies, You are right and I am in the wrong. (I was relying on memory of the RTÉ program about Customs, and Portlaoise appeared to be where parcels imported into Ireland via An Post were examined by Customs)

From the Revenue website

An Post is currently the Universal Postal Service Provider in Ireland. District Managers are to ensure that postal depots designated to deal with third country mail imports and exports are approved by Revenue. Applications for approvals should be submitted with a covering report to Customs Procedures Branch, Corporate Affairs and Customs Division. There is currently an Aide Memoire between Revenue and An Post which has approved four mail depots as follows: An Post Mail Centre, Portlaoise; Dublin Mail Centre; Air Mail Unit, Dublin Airport; and An Post Mail Centre, Athlone.[/I

madalig12 wrote: »
    Ive a parcel from russia. Its in ireland since the 20th as its being tracked....still waiting for it.

Maybe a complaint to Comreg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Last year I ordered bits and bobs from China and they came in reasonable time, anything I've ordered this year have taken a stupid amount of time. I ordered something on Feb 21st and am yet to get it! Tracking says it departed China on the 26th.
    Actually think all my (regular) post is ridiculously delayed the past few weeks/months.. what the hell are they at. Thinking about complaining about my postman anyways, I came home one day after work (about 7pm) to find a package sticking out of my letter box. It didn't fit so he just left it there sticking out. Seriously like? He's done that before to my neighbours too, left a package just sitting on their doorstep. Only I saw it and took it into my house till they came home. It was pissing rain that day! Service just seems to be going from bad to worse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Last year I ordered bits and bobs from China and they came in reasonable time, anything I've ordered this year have taken a stupid amount of time. I ordered something on Feb 21st and am yet to get it! Tracking says it departed China on the 26th.
    Actually think all my (regular) post is ridiculously delayed the past few weeks/months.. what the hell are they at. Thinking about complaining about my postman anyways, I came home one day after work (about 7pm) to find a package sticking out of my letter box. It didn't fit so he just left it there sticking out. Seriously like? He's done that before to my neighbours too, left a package just sitting on their doorstep. Only I saw it and took it into my house till they came home. It was pissing rain that day! Service just seems to be going from bad to worse

Talk to him. Recycling bin is a very good storage for parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Two exact the same items ordered in China on the 20th of march
    One sent to me in Mayo and another one to my brother in Holland
    The item sent to my brother arrived on the 30th of March mine still not arrived but tracking say arrived in Ireland 31th of March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Well, here's a good one.

Ordered item March 23. Got it today. less than 2 weeks from order to delivery. 8 working days shipping.

It was registered post, but so are some other stuff I ordered a week before.

If only, the delivery was always took as short a time. Mind you, I was satisfied with the 3 weeks. 3 months plus however.........

It just seems crazy that they can get away with this passive aggressive policy of leaving stuff around for ages in a corner then sorting it when they get around to it.

Aside from everyone writing an email to Denis Naughton are there any other suggestions how to high-light this to people who might change something or at least acknowledge what is going on.

I guess that although it shouldn't have anything to do with it, the fact that An Post is performing so poorly means that it's unlikely to change. although I wonder how much of that is down to inefficiency than anything else. Parcel traffic in the internet age has gone way up . An Post seems to be designed on the premise that lots of people in Ireland should keep sending letters and bills to each other and seems to not have changed it's practices to face the new reality.

An Post are losing money as it is. Do you think they are going to employ extra people to sort packages they get no money from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

glasso wrote: »
    Aside from everyone writing an email to Denis Naughton are there any other suggestions how to high-light this to people who might change something or at least acknowledge what is going on.

There is an online form here: https://www.anpost.ie/m58sec/

complaints procedure here:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Customer+Service/Our+Commitment+to+You/Our+commitment+to+you.htm

Or there is this:

If your complaint isn’t resolved to your satisfaction, or if you find it difficult to understand the way in which it was resolved, you may ask to have it reviewed by An Post’s Customer Advocate.The Customer Advocate provides free, independent reviews of complaints to help achieve impartial solutions. Send details of your enquiry free of charge to:

Customer Advocate
    An Post
    GPO
    Freepost
    Dublin 1

• Advertisement

An Post are losing money as it is. Do you think they are going to employ extra people to sort packages they get no money from?

I don't expect that. There is still so much inefficiency and waste in the operation I imagine.
    Of course they are not helped by the market in that most of the online market is incoming from abroad, rather than internal but if they were efficient and forward-thinking that would have been quicker to the market with something like addresspal instead of being way behind parcelmotel and addresspal.
    I had a work situation once with An Post on a project where we were put up in a kip of an office building. in the same office building there were one or two floors reserved for the people that An Post couldn't fire but couldn't get to do any work either so they just put them there.

stimpson wrote: »
    There is an online form here: https://www.anpost.ie/m58sec/

complaints procedure here:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Customer+Service/Our+Commitment+to+You/Our+commitment+to+you.htm

Or there is this:

If your complaint isn’t resolved to your satisfaction, or if you find it difficult to understand the way in which it was resolved, you may ask to have it reviewed by An Post’s Customer Advocate.The Customer Advocate provides free, independent reviews of complaints to help achieve impartial solutions. Send details of your enquiry free of charge to:

Customer Advocate
    An Post
    GPO
    Freepost
    Dublin 1

has anyone done this? I imagine that you need to have specific proof of a specific case. That's hard to prove if the logging of receipt in Ireland only happens when An Post eventually sort it. They will just say that they didn't have it before that.

glasso wrote: »
    I don't expect that. There is still so much inefficiency and waste in the operation I imagine.
    Of course they are not helped by the market in that most of the online market is incoming from abroad, rather than internal but if they were efficient and forward-thinking that would have been quicker to the market with something like addresspal instead of being way behind parcelmotel and addresspal.
    I had a work situation once with An Post on a project where we were put up in a kip of an office building. in the same office building there were one or two floors reserved for the people that An Post couldn't fire but couldn't get to do any work either so they just put them there.

The current situation has come about because the UPU designate China as a less-developed country despite all the evidence to the contrary. that allows them to send parcels abroad for literally nothing. Even the amount that they do have to pay foreign countries for delivering mail has an annual cap. Eventually the UPU will correct this situation and China will have to pay more and that will be the end of free shipping from China.

Customer care wipe their hands of it as its not registered. Im sure they'll do the same in complaints. Customer Advocate might be worth a letter.

If they arent being paid enough to deliver go back to the UPU and renegotiate. Or f'ck off and hand the USO funding back to Comreg and let them get somebody competent to do it. But dont just stop doing your job.

The cynical part of me wonders if they'll do this for six months to give ChinaPost/Aliexpress/Ebay a bad name so that consumers stop purchasing from them so volumes fall. Then go back to normal.

ED E wrote: »
    Customer care wipe their hands of it as its not registered. Im sure they'll do the same in complaints. Customer Advocate might be worth a letter.

If they arent being paid enough to deliver go back to the UPU and renegotiate. Or f'ck off and hand the USO funding back to Comreg and let them get somebody competent to do it. But dont just stop doing your job.

The cynical part of me wonders if they'll do this for six months to give ChinaPost/Aliexpress/Ebay a bad name so that consumers stop purchasing from them so volumes fall. Then go back to normal.

thats not something that will happen overnight. or even in a couple of years. You dont think the fact that the problems started during the busiest period of the year and that it seems to have gone back to normal when it is not as busy is coincidence? They were probably overwhelmed by the volume they received and it took them a while to recover. I made made my own not so insignificant contribution to that increase.

Cant agree there. Registered stuff is coming in on time as above but we're seeing 130 days as of last week so its ongoing. 11.11/BF/xMas would have caused a spike, but not one large enough to reach April. Not a hope.

Dont expect a new policy overnight, but at least announce there's a problem and that they're in talks. Not pretend all is fine on the western front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

2 recent orders from the same seller, 1 sent direct to ireland and 1 via the UK

Total time on the UK one is 15 days delivery plus another day to get to here so 16 all in.

Destination Country - Tracking Consuming: 1546 ms
    2017-04-05 00:00 Your item, posted on 03/04/17 was delivered in NEWTOWNABBEY PDO on 05/04/17.
    Origin Country - Tracking Consuming: 363 ms
    2017-04-05 10:26 Britain, due to vote
    2017-04-04 03:30 England reached the processing center from China
    2017-04-03 23:47 England reached the processing center from China
    2017-03-22 10:10 Guangzhou, left Guangzhou to the aviation hub, London Heathrow Airport (transfer)
    2017-03-21 22:09 Guangdong postal courier logistics international business sales department huadiwan – vote has been received (the embrace cast member name: He Wenzheng, Tel:)

Total time on the one direct to Ireland also 16 days

2017-03-09 09:10 CO DUBLIN, DELIVERED
    2017-03-09 00:58 CO DUBLIN, ITEM IS ON DELIVERY
    2017-03-08 13:34 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM RECEIVED
    Origin Country - Cache Time: 2017-03-28 15:33
    2017-03-09 09:10 Ireland, complete cast
    2017-03-09 00:58 Ireland reached the post Bureau
    2017-03-08 13:34 Ireland reached the processing center from China
    2017-02-23 09:00 Guangzhou, left Guangzhou to the Dublin air/road junction (transit)
    2017-02-21 22:31 Guangdong postal courier logistics international business sales department huadiwan – vote has been received (the embrace cast member name: He Wenzheng, Tel:)

So not worth the extra payment in the above case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Total time on the UK one is 15 days delivery plus another day to get to here so 16 all in.

2017-04-05 00:00 Your item, posted on 03/04/17 was delivered in NEWTOWNABBEY PDO on 05/04/17.
    2017-03-22 10:10 Guangzhou, left Guangzhou to the aviation hub, London Heathrow Airport (transfer)
    2017-03-21 22:09 Guangdong postal courier logistics international business sales department huadiwan – vote has been received (the embrace cast member name: He Wenzheng, Tel:)

2017-02-23 09:00 Guangzhou, left Guangzhou to the Dublin air/road junction (transit)
    2017-02-21 22:31 Guangdong postal courier logistics international business sales department huadiwan – vote has been received (the embrace cast member name: He Wenzheng, Tel:)

5500 wrote: »

Was the one going to Ireland signed-for delivery?
    Actually that raises another point. in my experience if you are buying something, say from gearbest or banggood you can pay extra at the shipping point for what they call "tracking" but what in fact ends up being signed-for registered post in Ireland. free "tracking" is not signed for obviously. although trying not to contradict myself but fasttech another site, if something is over 20 usd or so it tends to be signed-for.
    registered post may be a cheaper option to ensure better delivery times than using a redirection service like parcel motel etc.

one more point - what is the UK's customs limit? e.g. is it higher than the 20-something euro in Ireland? I've anecdotally heard that they are more lax than in Ireland also - is that true or not?

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »

Did the tracking number for the shipment to ireland start with an R or an L?

Advertisement