Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What are the gardens like in glenheron? Are they smaller than waverly?

I had a look at Glenheron yesterday. Gardens are small and houses are very close to each other. I’m not sure what size they are in Waverly.

I was impressed with the build quality overall in Glenheron. A few minor things I wouldn’t be wild about, but most are easily resolved. Certainly a lot more thought went into them and far superior finish than the celtic tiger houses in the area.

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

zeliboba wrote: »
    Attended the View at Glenheron viewing yesterday. West faced houses has a 2floor wall at the end of the garden, which separates from east facing house (I guess that's because of the overall landscape of the area and the latter is higher on the hill). Not sure if it makes sense to consider W facing at all.

Also the surface of the garden is not flat leveled, which makes it not very useful
    This is the same in all the estates. Waverly and Seagreen have lots of sloped gardens as well.

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

2011 wrote: »
    I had a look at Glenheron yesterday. Gardens are small and houses are very close to each other. I’m not sure what size they are in Waverly.

I was impressed with the build quality overall in Glenheron. A few minor things I wouldn’t be wild about, but most are easily resolved. Certainly a lot more thought went into them and far superior finish than the celtic tiger houses in the area.
    Houses in Waverly are bigger I think. The 4 beds have an extra room downstairs that's designated as an office, could also be used as a second, smaller sitting room I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zeliboba

awec wrote: »
    This is the same in all the estates. Waverly and Seagreen have lots of sloped gardens as well.

Probably depends on angle of the garden to the ground. I have a feeling showhouse in the View had 20-30degrees or so. Didn't notice this when viewing in Waverly

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aidandore

We are very keen to get a look at the 4-bed semi's in Waverly as we just missed out on the latest release. Is it a bit of a weird request to ask one of the residents of the 4 beds for a quick look around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Hannah71

aidandore wrote: »
    We are very keen to get a look at the 4-bed semi's in Waverly as we just missed out on the latest release. Is it a bit of a weird request to ask one of the residents of the 4 beds for a quick look around?

There is a 4bed showhouse. 1st on the left when you drive in

• Registered Users Posts: 27 misstrekvix

Kelly Walsh say next release is spring/summer 2019 on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GGUS

Hi all, we looked at the 3 Bed in Waverly and it looks there no utility room. Does anyone know if they are installation ready for washing machine and dryer? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

GGUS wrote: »
    Hi all, we looked at the 3 Bed in Waverly and it looks there no utility room. Does anyone know if they are installation ready for washing machine and dryer? thanks.

Washing machine only for a 3 bed. Did you take a pic of the showhouse. Where they’ve put the washing machine there is where it will be plumbed.

From Newlyn’s recent builds it looks like only the 4 beds get dedicated utility rooms that are plumbed for both washing machine and dryer.

Yes no utility room in 3 bed unfortunately! It would of been great to have one.

• Advertisement

Washing machine only for a 3 bed. Did you take a pic of the showhouse. Where they’ve put the washing machine there is where it will be plumbed.

From Newlyn’s recent builds it looks like only the 4 beds get dedicated utility rooms that are plumbed for both washing machine and dryer.

Unfortunately not, do you know where the washing machine was installed in the showhouse? I loooked at the pic's on the brochure and in daft but i dont see it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Andyb2018

Waverly residents - Curious to know how much control you had over the elements of your house? For instance, can you ask for underfloor heating? Choose colour/style of kitchen, bathrooms etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

Andyb2018 wrote: »
    Waverly residents - Curious to know how much control you had over the elements of your house? For instance, can you ask for underfloor heating? Choose colour/style of kitchen, bathrooms etc?

There is a fairly strict NO CHANGES policy with the builder. Some minor options are available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Anyone have info on the proposed planning permission that has been applied for for the field behind this development?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Blingy wrote: »
    Anyone have info on the proposed planning permission that has been applied for for the field behind this development?

nothing on the planning website yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CheeryMary

Newlyn are building a similar type of development to Waverly here and it will contain an additional creche

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

CheeryMary wrote: »
    Newlyn are building a similar type of development to Waverly here and it will contain an additional creche

Where is “here”?

2011 wrote: »
    Where is “here”?

Quote: Blingy

So a field behind Waverly?
    Interesting. It’s getting very built up now.

Really? Wonder where the access road will be

• Advertisement

Do you have any idea as when they will start building? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

GGUS wrote: »
    Do you have any idea as when they will start building? Thanks

planning notice isn't even online yet, it'll be some time before the development starts (if they get permission).

I thought Cairn owned that land. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Blingy wrote: »
    I thought Cairn owned that land. Interesting.

They do...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Interesting reading. I've heard a chap who works down there that Seagreen is nowhere near the build quality compared to Waverly. Some shocking stories.

Interesting reading. I've heard a chap who works down there that Seagreen is nowhere near the build quality compared to Waverly. Some shocking stories.

He would say that considering sea green and Waverly are in competition with each other ;) Wood Group have built some excellent homes around Delgany and Greystones so I don't know if I would believe that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

He would say that considering sea green and Waverly are in competition with each other ;) Wood Group have built some excellent homes around Delgany and Greystones so I don't know if I would believe that

Chap has no vested interest and has worked on numerous sites. But you never know.

When is the next phase expected to launch? I see that seegreen are launching soon..

They said spring 2019 so probably in the next 8-10 weeks. Most recent phase sold in October is flying up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Chap has no vested interest and has worked on numerous sites. But you never know.

I just put a deposit down in Seagreen. What did he say out of interest?

Advertisement