Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭REFLINE1

Cluster wrote: »
    I just put a deposit down in Seagreen. What did he say out of interest?

build quality in Seagreen is excellent, the above is nonsense. if anything I've heard the opposite in fact as Waverley is a NAMA site they were fairly miserable in terms of the spec of ironmongery etc. Also, know a snagger whos done houses in both and he commented that Seagreen snaglist were typically very minor things. They are both fine estates in terms of build quality overall in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

I wont have the house for another 8 months or so, so I dont know. I asked a couple last summer who live there whats their experience like and they seemed positive. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CheeryMary

Looks like Waverly launch won't be for months still (autumn) according to a piece in the Irish times. I give up...

Seagreen new housee are very tempting at this point. Shoehouses were amazing and lots of options for deciding your own interior layout and finishes... wonder did they sell out at the launch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

CheeryMary wrote: »
    Looks like Waverly launch won't be for months still (autumn) according to a piece in the Irish times. I give up...

Seagreen new housee are very tempting at this point. Shoehouses were amazing and lots of options for deciding your own interior layout and finishes... wonder did they sell out at the launch

Link to the piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

I think they got rid of most of them within a couple of days. Check with Sherry Fitz though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Someone put down a deposit when I was there on sat

Blingy wrote: »
    Someone put down a deposit when I was there on sat

Seagreen or Waverly?

Seagreen or Waverly?

Sorry for seagreen.

I'm trying to find out what houses have been sold in the last few phases, and what are left in the next phase.

So there's been 3 or 4 phases, right?

1 - Pre-Launch
    2 - May 2017
    3 - October 2017
    4 - October 2018

Someone posted this in May 2017:
    eimearbeag wrote: »
    I got a copy of the prices from someone who got it from someone who works for SF
    No 8 & 9 E415
    No 4 E417
    No 2, 7, 9, 10 & 12 E420
    No 5 E422, 11
    No 1 & 3 E425
    No 22, 23 E450
    No 21, 24 E460
    No 18, 20, 25 E465
    No 19 E470

I unfortunately missed out on a house. Out of interest, did anyone on here get one?

The prices suggest that No 1-12 are 3-beds, and 18-25 are 4-beds. This would mean that 1-12 are Waverly Close I assume (as no other street has 1-12 as all 3-beds) and likewise 18-25 are Waverly Avenue, is that correct?

But wondering why the prices on the Property Register for these are so different to what the poster above posted? The prices on the Property Register are all around the €370k mark for the 3 beds on Waverly Close, and around the €400k mark for the 4 beds on Waverly Ave? So these were all either Pre-Launch (and not May 2017 as the poster believed) or the prices on Property Register aren't correct?

Basically, does anyone know what houses were released as part of each phase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 chaka84

But wondering why the prices on the Property Register for these are so different to what the poster above posted? The prices on the Property Register are all around the €370k mark for the 3 beds on Waverly Close, and around the €400k mark for the 4 beds on Waverly Ave? So these were all either Pre-Launch (and not May 2017 as the poster believed) or the prices on Property Register aren't correct?

The property price register excludes VAT on new builds. So the three beds would be listed as €370k on the property price register but when 13.5% VAT is added we get €420k as per the price list above.

chaka84 wrote: »
    The property price register excludes VAT on new builds. So the three beds would be listed as €370k on the property price register but when 13.5% VAT is added we get €420k as per the price list above.

Ah, I didn't know. Thanks for clarifying!

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I would also expect the prices to have risen significantly from 2017.

awec wrote: »
    I would also expect the prices to have risen significantly from 2017.

Oh I know, I'm just trying to figure out which houses went in which phase.

Prelaunch was jan 2017 as far as I know and was house numbers 8-17 on the avenue.

The next launch was 18-25 the Avenue and all the houses in the close. Also this included some of the houses at the entrance to the estate.

The next phase was 26-48 the Avenue.

The most recent phase appears to have been 50 -70 on the Avenue and 1-12 on Waverly view.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 misstrekvix

We bought one in October 2018 3 bed 445. They ranged from 440-450 depending on garden size. It was a year between the two phases so maybe they doing that again! I don’t know why though as they are flying wirh new phase. In saying that all houses won’t be completed till October whereas the first ones from last phase will be ready next month Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 misstrekvix

We bought one in October 2018 3 bed 445. They ranged from 440-450 depending on garden size. It was a year between the two phases so maybe they doing that again! I don’t know why though as they are flying wirh new phase. In saying that all houses won’t be completed till October whereas the first ones from last phase will be ready next month Fingers crossed!

Can anyone who is looking to buy in the next phase fire me a PM? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

chaka84 wrote: »

It’s actually a little trickier than that (or at least it should be). The advertised sale price for new builds will be broken down into (a) the site, and (b) the house as built. Only VAT applies to the building. There’s no hard and fast rule but you’ll find the bulk of the overall price will go on the building.

So the PPR price should be all of the site price, plus the building without VAT. However, not all solicitors will fill in the details the exact same way, when registering, which can lead to confusion / inconsistencies.

Don’t want to ‘butt in’, just to mention that I have learned to be a bit wary of PPR prices for that reason, when it comes to new builds.

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It’s actually a little trickier than that (or at least it should be). The advertised sale price for new builds will be broken down into (a) the site, and (b) the house as built. Only VAT applies to the building. There’s no hard and fast rule but you’ll find the bulk of the overall price will go on the building.

So the PPR price should be all of the site price, plus the building without VAT. However, not all solicitors will fill in the details the exact same way, when registering, which can lead to confusion / inconsistencies.

Don’t want to ‘butt in’, just to mention that I have learned to be a bit wary of PPR prices for that reason, when it comes to new builds.
    Yes, this explains why almost every house will show as a different price on the register, even though many of the houses will be sold at the same price to the buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

does any body know when the next launch is or are there any informed guesses??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paschal99

Does this estate have the usual 10% social housing allowance? If so is there any way of finding out which houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Paschal99 wrote: »
    Does this estate have the usual 10% social housing allowance? If so is there any way of finding out which houses?

It probably will and builders/estate agents won’t tell you but it won’t be hard to find out as people will talk.

Social housing isn’t a free house these will be people who have respectable jobs and won’t be scrounging.

Paschal99 wrote: »

As far as I know it doesn’t. There may be an old post on this thread about that. Older planning permission had a clause where the builder could pay the co co a certain figure in lieu of social housing (something like this anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shanacuffe

Any idea of launch date?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

Anyone have any info on the Churchlands development? I walked up that direction today but I didn’t see any work on the houses but Astro/playing fields are looking great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Reubz

I can see a few folks gathered in front of the Waverly site this morning, I think a new launch is coming soon.

Reubz wrote: »
    I can see a few folks gathered in front of the Waverly site this morning, I think a new launch is coming soon.

Email went out yesterday but said he launch would be in the next few weeks. Interesting that a queue might have formed.

Blingy wrote: »
    Email went out yesterday but said he launch would be in the next few weeks. Interesting that a queue might have formed.

New email out now. Sales this Thursday at 2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

Final launch today - 7 remaining at end of day
    3 bed semi 437500-450000, 6 left
    4 bed semi 499950, all sold
    4 bed detatched 615000-630000, all sold
    4 bed dormer bungalow 550000, 1 left
    5 bed detatched 640000, all sold.

Advertisement