Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,834 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Jenny54321 wrote: »
    Ah okay, that makes sense, was wondering why they were taking so long to build. Does anyone know when Cairn are planning to build on the site opposite the cemetary near Waverly? The sign has been up ages

there hasn't been any planning application for that field, so not anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hannah71

loyatemu wrote: »
    there hasn't been any planning application for that field, so not anytime soon.

Really? Thats interesting as SF were saying at Glenheron launch they have site there and further up the Farrankelly road... implying they would be building soon.
    Are people queuing overnight? I thought emai said launch was thursday?
    Is there planning on the field behind Waverly?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 misstrekvix

Hannah71 wrote: »
    Really? Thats interesting as SF were saying at Glenheron launch they have site there and further up the Farrankelly road... implying they would be building soon.

I’ve no idea but the Cairn sign has been there for a while! As far as I know they don’t have planning for it yet! Yes the launch is Thursday- queue formed this AM at 730 and SF came in the evening. People not staying overnight. The field behind waverly- I doubt it very much it’s a huge slope. You can see the gardens in the most recent phase are sloped so I doubt it. But not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Hannah71 wrote: »

There is no planning in place for The field behind Waverly and based on the slope and entrance to the field it’s highly unlikely there will be. Don’t think it’s owned by the builders anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

I’ve no idea but the Cairn sign has been there for a while! As far as I know they don’t have planning for it yet! Yes the launch is Thursday- queue formed this AM at 730 and SF came in the evening. People not staying overnight. The field behind waverly- I doubt it very much it’s a huge slope. You can see the gardens in the most recent phase are sloped so I doubt it. But not too sure.

The field behind Waverly is zoned residential 22 in the local development plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 chaka84

Eoinconway wrote: »
    The field behind Waverly is zoned residential 22 in the local development plan

Yes it is, however, it will be a very difficult site to develop. Wicklow County Council do not look favorably on "engineered solutions" such as retaining walls, within steep sites anymore. The new approach as per the development plan is for sites to follow the natural contours of a site. However, the maximum gradient usually allowed on access roads is 5%. (This can be increased to 8.3% for short sections). Without a detailed topographical survey I can't say for certain, but I don't think it will be possible to develop the site without using retaining structures or increasing the maximum gradient on access roads, or some combination of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

chaka84 wrote: »
    Yes it is, however, it will be a very difficult site to develop. Wicklow County Council do not look favorably on "engineered solutions" such as retaining walls, within steep sites anymore. .

Have you seen Seagreen? Some "nice" retaining garden walls and flimsy garden fencing between different level gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chaka84

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Have you seen Seagreen? Some "nice" retaining garden walls and flimsy garden fencing between different level gardens

Yes I have but that got planning permission back in 2014. Wicklow County Council have changed what they will permit developers to do on steep sites. I agree with your use of the word "nice". I have a feeling so do WCC and that's why they don't want that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BonnieD

Did this phase sell out does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

BonnieD wrote: »
    Did this phase sell out does anyone know?

There was one curlew type three bed left at the end, unless some later comers snapped it up.

32/33 houses were sold as the queue was processed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Ar!

Hey,

We bought a house there today. All were sold by the end of the day, a large amount of people on the waiting list by the looks of it.

We wanted to buy one of the houses at the back of the estate with the back garden facing up the mountain, but in discovering this was zoned as residential and bought by cairn homes we made a safer bet buying a different house. I was also very surprised it was zoned residential, it’s half way up the mountain...

• Administrators Posts: 53,529 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ar! wrote: »
    Hey,

We bought a house there today. All sold by the end of the day any a massive waiting list too.

We wanted to buy one of the houses at the back of the estate with the back garden facing up the mountain, but in discovering this was zone residential and bought by cairn homes we made a safer bet buying a different house. I was also very suprised it got residential planning as it’s half was up a mountain.
    Zoning is not the same as planning.

Even though it's zoned residential it may never get planning approval.

Hey,

We bought a house there today. All sold by the end of the day any a massive waiting list too.

We wanted to buy one of the houses at the back of the estate with the back garden facing up the mountain, but in discovering this was zone residential and bought by cairn homes we made a safer bet buying a different house. I was also very suprised it got residential planning as it’s half was up a mountain.

Congratulations!! Looks like there was a high demand for this phase like the previous two.

Hey,

Just wondering where did you see that Cairn homes own that land? Thanks.

Blingy wrote: »
    Just wondering where did you see that Cairn homes own that land? Thanks.

We were told by a guy at Sherry Fitz, he seems fairly confident.

One of the Osprey 3 bed showhouses had the attic converted (see photo). It was an absolute fine job and the space up there is unbelievable.

Has anyone here got their attic converted in Waverly before they moved in? If so, what kind of price did you pay? Did you install velux windows?

Thanks!

Jenny54321 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how fast the new phase will be built? The previous phase seemed to take a year! I notice Glenheron view has built so many houses in the same time as waverly has built a few. Seagreen also appear faster. Just curious why they are taking so long to build. Do the new 3 beds have a utility does any one know?

Hey, they had issue getting Irish water to connect them, this caused the spring launch to be pushed back to October (yesterday). Houses in this phase will be ready between January - October 2019.

We’re on the longer wait, basically a year away! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

One of the Osprey 3 bed showhouses had the attic converted (see photo). It was an absolute fine job and the space up there is unbelievable.

Has anyone here got their attic converted in Waverly before they moved in? If so, what kind of price did you pay? Did you install velux windows?

Thanks!

Newlyn did offer an option on inclusive attic conversions (not as bedroom, storage only, no windows) but it was expensive enough, on the basis that it would be covered under the structural guarantee.

Worth enquiring through Sherry Fitz if Newlyn will offer this option in the next phase

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GGUS

Hi all, just joined this conversation. We are looking for a 3 Bed, we were unable to secure one on Oct 25th. Does anyone know when the next phase might take place? Thanks

GGUS wrote: »
    Hi all, just joined this conversation. We are looking for a 3 Bed, we were unable to secure one on Oct 25th. Does anyone know when the next phase might take place? Thanks

Did you ask to be put on the cancellation list? The previous phase was for sale in Oct 2017 so it took a year for the latest phase to go on sale. Not sure when the next phase will be.

• Advertisement

Did you get a number when u went down? Cancellation list? Next phase probably spring 2019

Blingy wrote: »
    Did you ask to be put on the cancellation list? The previous phase was for sale in Oct 2017 so it took a year for the latest phase to go on sale. Not sure when the next phase will be.
    Yes I put my name down for any cancellation, but there were many already on the list 😔

Did you get a number when u went down? Cancellation list? Next phase probably spring 2019
    Yes I did, hopefully the next one. Don't know how to get ahead as I read there were people already queueing even before the email from SF went out. I really hope the next one will work out. Thanks

Yes I did, hopefully the next one. Don't know how to get ahead as I read there were people already queueing even before the email from SF went out. I really hope the next one will work out. Thanks

Well hopefully it will. Did you keep up to date with the agents regularly? That’s a good idea to do for the next release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭bilbot79

How does this work? If you have the cash is it easy enough to secure a house? Are there bidding wars?

bilbot79 wrote: »
    How does this work? If you have the cash is it easy enough to secure a house? Are there bidding wars?

No there are a set price for the houses. 425-450k for 3 bed , 499-510 4 bed semi d. What do you mean how does this work?

No there are a set price for the houses. 425-450k for 3 bed , 499-510 4 bed semi d. What do you mean how does this work?

Thanks. Just learning about the process. Do you have to queue up and buy off plan etc?

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Thanks. Just learning about the process. Do you have to queue up and buy off plan etc?

This time about 6 or the 33 houses released have a good bit of the brick work done & some foundations for a few others but people were given a time scale for completion March for ones already started being built and oct 2019 for the last ones of the phase. Phase 2 was released in October 2017 and some people approx 10 houses are still not ready so they will move in when ready. So yes kind of buying off the plans. So a very slow process. It’s a nama development so v different than a private builder. Did you view the show houses? Are you considering them for the next phase.

This time about 6 or the 33 houses released have a good bit of the brick work done & some foundations for a few others but people were given a time scale for completion March for ones already started being built and oct 2019 for the last ones of the phase. Phase 2 was released in October 2017 and some people approx 10 houses are still not ready so they will move in when ready. So yes kind of buying off the plans. So a very slow process. It’s a nama development so v different than a private builder. Did you view the show houses? Are you considering them for the next phase.

Yes we looked at showhouses a good while back and initially weren't interested as too far from the dart. The idea has grown on us now though. How do you guarantee yourself a house there? I imagine there is high demand.

• Advertisement

Well hopefully it will. Did you keep up to date with the agents regularly? That’s a good idea to do for the next release
    Definitely will do. Thank you

Advertisement