Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Yes we looked at showhouses a good while back and initially weren't interested as too far from the dart. The idea has grown on us now though. How do you guarantee yourself a house there? I imagine there is high demand.

These days you basically have to know someone on the site that will tell you when the agent is planning to launch. You need to be queuing as soon as that email is sent.

A similar development in the area had the email sent and within 25 minutes there were 20 people queuing for 15 houses. It's a **** situation but in the grand scheme of things it's a small thing to have to do to get a home you'll live in for 15-20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 misstrekvix

These days you basically have to know someone on the site that will tell you when the agent is planning to launch. You need to be queuing as soon as that email is sent.

A similar development in the area had the email sent and within 25 minutes there were 20 people queuing for 15 houses. It's a **** situation but in the grand scheme of things it's a small thing to have to do to get a home you'll live in for 15-20 years.

Which development was this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 murphyp6

Hi all, we have a 4 bed secured in Waverly, we were waiting so long for this phase to go on sale and U have to say we were disappointed with the overall finishes inside and out. For one, the lead finishing on the roof above the door is very poorly finished and that is on the show house. I showed pics to my father who is a retired building contractor and he too wasn't impressed with the finishes. The lead finishing were of a concern for him too. We had secured a deposit on a 4 bed in Glenheron View a few weeks prior and when my father compared pics on the houses he said it was a no brainer that the Carins Homes were of a far more superior build. So with that we have now gone with Glenheron over Waverly. Also we had major concerns about the traffic congestion that occurs in and around Lidl in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

No doubt the traffic will be terrible, especially as the new Cairn estate at Redford comes online.

Was shocked at how narrow the roads were and how close the houses were in Waverly/Seagreen. Might as well be terraced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

No doubt the traffic will be terrible, especially as the new Cairn estate at Redford comes online.

Was shocked at how narrow the roads were and how close the houses were in Waverly/Seagreen. Might as well be terraced.

I think the traffic is going to be terrible everywhere at certain times. The times of the schools close by is staggered at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

as discussed earlier in the thread, they haven't even applied for permission there yet, so you can still object if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

loyatemu wrote: »
    as discussed earlier in the thread, they haven't even applied for permission there yet, so you can still object if you wish.

Thanks however it is now zoned residential so something will be built there to required planning approval.

10-20 minutes from Blacklion to southern cross junction most mornings right now.

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

murphyp6 wrote: »
    Hi all, we have a 4 bed secured in Waverly, we were waiting so long for this phase to go on sale and U have to say we were disappointed with the overall finishes inside and out. For one, the lead finishing on the roof above the door is very poorly finished and that is on the show house. I showed pics to my father who is a retired building contractor and he too wasn't impressed with the finishes. The lead finishing were of a concern for him too. We had secured a deposit on a 4 bed in Glenheron View a few weeks prior and when my father compared pics on the houses he said it was a no brainer that the Carins Homes were of a far more superior build. So with that we have now gone with Glenheron over Waverly. Also we had major concerns about the traffic congestion that occurs in and around Lidl in the mornings.
    The problem with Glenheron is location (IMO Waverly + Seagreen location is better), and no potential for expansion as the attics cannot be converted.

On the other hand, Waverly is the cheapest of the three developments (I think), and I guess there has to be a reason for that. Even in the latest phase there were 4 beds with unconverted attics (so potential 5 beds) for sub-500. Wouldn't get close to that in Seagreen or Glenheron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jenny54321

I think the location is dependent on what is important to you and your family. Glenheron seems closer to the various sports clubs and swimming pool and the walk to the dart station is the same distance as waverly and sea green but then waverly and sea green are close to the new school and you can bypass kilmac traffic easier. In terms of build quality , I had heard something similar regarding the quality of cairn. Interested to hear more about the site opposite the cemetery!

Which development was this??

Ternlee. I heard both phases sold out to people that queued before the official launch.

• Advertisement

Jenny54321 wrote: »
    I think the location is dependent on what is important to you and your family. Glenheron seems closer to the various sports clubs and swimming pool and the walk to the dart station is the same distance as waverly and sea green but then waverly and sea green are close to the new school and you can bypass kilmac traffic easier. In terms of build quality , I had heard something similar regarding the quality of cairn. Interested to hear more about the site opposite the cemetery!

there's a primary school opening next year right beside Glenheron View, and there will be a secondary school down there eventually too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hannah71

awec wrote: »
    The problem with Glenheron is location (IMO Waverly + Seagreen location is better), and no potential for expansion as the attics cannot be converted.

On the other hand, Waverly is the cheapest of the three developments (I think), and I guess there has to be a reason for that. Even in the latest phase there were 4 beds with unconverted attics (so potential 5 beds) for sub-500. Wouldn't get close to that in Seagreen or Glenheron.

The attics in 3 bed semi d in Glenheron can be converted. Does anyone know if they have sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Knowitall82

Hannah71 wrote: »
    The attics in 3 bed semi d in Glenheron can be converted. Does anyone know if they have sold out?

Are you sure all the 3 bed semi d’s attics are convertible. Thought it was just certain type not all. They are on show this weekend so would presume not sold out. Would think Waverly are better value being less per ft2 with the 9ft ceilings and the layout of the house with open plan. Also seem to have a bigger garden and more amenities closer

Glenheron View aren’t shifting at all, based off the amount of advertising they’ve had to do IMO. Every second bus shelter has ads for it. Even the dart stations at Dun Laoghaire too which I’d say aren’t cheap, not to mention the online advertising I’ve seen. Every week there seems to be a viewing. Very different approach to the likes of SeaGreen [Gate] and Waverley.

Is it that they’ve priced them too high for the location? Or the market is slowing, or they just built way too many? Probably a combination of all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aidandore

We are going to have a look at Glenheron this weekend, with a view to buy in the next phase.

I would love to get a better understanding of the release > panic and to rush and que for 4 days process!

I hear some many different stories from other builds. What was it like for Glenheron and Waverly?

Cheers,
    Aidan

Glenheron View aren’t shifting at all, based off the amount of advertising they’ve had to do IMO. Every second bus shelter has ads for it. Even the dart stations at Dun Laoghaire too which I’d say aren’t cheap, not to mention the online advertising I’ve seen. Every week there seems to be a viewing. Very different approach to the likes of SeaGreen [Gate] and Waverley.

Is it that they’ve priced them too high for the location? Or the market is slowing, or they just built way too many? Probably a combination of all three.

There was some advertising for Sea Green as well - are you sure they're not selling? It would be strange considering how fast the other developments have been snapped up.

loyatemu wrote: »
    There was some advertising for Sea Green as well - are you sure they're not selling? It would be strange considering how fast the other developments have been snapped up.

I'm not 100% sure I'm only going on evidence of me being a buyer in the area.

You're not seeing queues like these

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/as-youre-tucked-up-in-your-bed-tonight/

https://www.facebook.com/greystonesguide/photos/a.217334318804/10156223689028805/?type=3&theater

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/a-long-days-journey-into-greystones/

I know once they've the show houses the queues pop up on site, but I haven't heard of many queues for Glenheron (they could well exist though).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jenny54321

People received tokens for glenheron view when the queues started , cairn didn’t want people sleeping out . I think the price jump in glenheron may be playing a part , 45k since first phase and they’ve made them smaller which seems mean to first time buyers trying to get on the ladder. 450k for a three bed is a big jump . I also think cairn announced the launch date whereas waverly only do it in their email the week they launch . I prefer the layout of glenheron as the three beds have utility rooms which is so useful. I heard most of glenheron sold out but the expensive bungalows may still be available . Does anyone know if seagreen has sold out ?

Was there a Seagreen release in the past few weeks? The one around April time pretty much sold out within the first weekend I think.

I'm not 100% sure I'm only going on evidence of me being a buyer in the area.

You're not seeing queues like these

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/as-youre-tucked-up-in-your-bed-tonight/

https://www.facebook.com/greystonesguide/photos/a.217334318804/10156223689028805/?type=3&theater

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/a-long-days-journey-into-greystones/

I know once they've the show houses the queues pop up on site, but I haven't heard of many queues for Glenheron (they could well exist though).
    Queues like that aren't normal any more, even for Waverly and Sea Green. They give out tickets now.

• Advertisement

Was there a Seagreen release in the past few weeks? The one around April time pretty much sold out within the first weekend I think.

There was a seagreen launch in September. I think there was a much greater demand for waverly than glenheron seagreen

Queues like that aren't normal any more, even for Waverly and Sea Green. They give out tickets now.

Aye they’ve moved on from queuing but even the token system isn’t great. I know it’s a dog eat dog world but people getting tokens before the official email goes out is a bit unfair (not that I know of any better system given our housing market atm)

They didn’t give tokens out until a good few hours after email. There was a queue from 0730, email was at 1230 and tokens in the PM. I can’t think of a fairer way tbh. I don’t think there was a demand for glenheron this time for some reason. People seemed to be holding out for waverly. But who knows what it will be like at next release. There might not be a huge demand! I’m not sure if many people who wanted houses missed out.
    Aye they’ve moved on from queuing but even the token system isn’t great. I know it’s a dog eat dog world but people getting tokens before the official email goes out is a bit unfair (not that I know of any better system given our housing market atm)

There was a seagreen launch in September. I think there was a much greater demand for waverly than glenheron seagreen
    If the latest Seagreen release was what I think it was (the last houses in the Seagreen Gate development) then there would have been very few houses available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aidandore

They didn’t give tokens out until a good few hours after email. There was a queue from 0730, email was at 1230 and tokens in the PM. I can’t think of a fairer way tbh. I don’t think there was a demand for glenheron this time for some reason. People seemed to be holding out for waverly. But who knows what it will be like at next release. There might not be a huge demand! I’m not sure if many people who wanted houses missed out.

Thanks for the info. How did they know at 07:30am that the email would arrive at 12:30?

aidandore wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. How did they know at 07:30am that the email would arrive at 12:30?

The only way is they get to know the people working on site. The estate agent keeps stump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chaka84

aidandore wrote: »

One or two at the head of the queue might have known but not everyone did. I had some friends who were out every morning and evening for the last 2 months checking if a queue had formed. They drove past the morning of the email (before the email arrived) and joined in the queue. They told me that they recognised a lot of faces in the queue who had been doing the same as them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zeliboba

Attended the View at Glenheron viewing yesterday. West faced houses has a 2floor wall at the end of the garden, which separates from east facing house (I guess that's because of the overall landscape of the area and the latter is higher on the hill). Not sure if it makes sense to consider W facing at all.

Also the surface of the garden is not flat leveled, which makes it not very useful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

zeliboba wrote: »
    Attended the View at Glenheron viewing yesterday. West faced houses has a 2floor wall at the end of the garden, which separates from east facing house (I guess that's because of the overall landscape of the area and the latter is higher on the hill). Not sure if it makes sense to consider W facing at all.

Also the surface of the garden is not flat leveled, which makes it not very useful

You’ll find that with a lot of the gardens in these three estates as they are all built on slopes. Doesn’t matter what aspect your garden is if the light is mostly blocked due to the house behind you being on a hill and therefore higher than yours.

• Advertisement

What are the gardens like in glenheron? Are they smaller than waverly?
    Blingy wrote: »
    You’ll find that with a lot of the gardens in these three estates as they are all built on slopes. Doesn’t matter what aspect your garden is if the light is mostly blocked due to the house behind you being on a hill and therefore higher than yours.

Advertisement