Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options
  • 01-01-2017 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Anyone have an info on this particularly in relation to who the builder is and also size of the development ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

sinkadinka wrote: »
    Anyone have an info on this particularly in relation to who the builder is and also size of the development ?

Sorry no but I am also interested. It appears to be going beside the educate together school and beside the seagreen development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

I'm sure Sherry Fitzgerald would be happy to help..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Embrace The Freedom
    A short walk from the curving coastline of Dublin’s Bay
    Or alternatively, if feeling lazy, take the Dart to Dublin Bay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sinkadinka

Thanks for all the replies ! Have they actually started building these ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Travel times are a tad optimistic unless travelling by helicopter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Yep..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Joeb124

They are pricing them based on Seagreen, so will be ball park the same. I think these are being developed by NAMA, developer building them but NAMA in control from what I have heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gb1985

Hi All, does anyone has any up to date information on this development? for those residing in neighbourhood, has the construction picked up? Thanks

gb1985 wrote: »
    Hi All, does anyone has any up to date information on this development? for those residing in neighbourhood, has the construction picked up? Thanks

Passed by there today and yes building has started. You could see the shell of a few houses near the road.
    Haven't heard much about this development unlike the one next door seagreen.
    Who's the builder?

Blingy wrote: »
    Passed by there today and yes building has started. You could see the shell of a few houses near the road.
    Haven't heard much about this development unlike the one next door seagreen.
    Who's the builder?

Newlyn Constructions, however, it is NAMA sponsored development.

Is this timber frame construction? or are they using concrete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

A lot of development going on, and planned for Greystones. Is there any plan to improve/widen the R761 (to Southern Cross/ Bray)?
    That road seems to get very congested, even on a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GenevaW

coastwatch wrote: »
    A lot of development going on, and planned for Greystones. Is there any plan to improve/widen the R761 (to Southern Cross/ Bray)?
    That road seems to get very congested, even on a weekend.

Do you know where else in Greystones construction is being planned?

Lots of new developments-seagreen will have 180 houses, 129 in waverly, another big estate planned for the site behind Bellevue heights/delgany glen, new houses down near charlesland too. And I haven't heard of any plans for new roads !

Interesting to hear Nama are funding Waverly. Do Nama fund many developments?

Interesting to hear Nama are funding Waverly. Do Nama fund many developments?

I could be wrong, but I don't think a builder can approach NAMA to fund any development. I assume previous developer who bought this land went into liquidation and property ended up with NAMA. Now that housing is short in supply, NAMA is trying to capitalise its holdings.

NAMA recently funded development of two additional apartment blocks within The Grange in Stillorgan. Those have been rented out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,834 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

In addition to Waverly and SeaGreen, there are 50 house approved for a site between Charlesland and and the Kilcoole Road, and there's a planning app in for ~170 houses immediately to the south of Charlesland Park. The site behind St Lawrence's school has an application for 132 houses going through the planning process. The harbour development (Marina Village) will eventually contain 400+ houses and apartments.

The development plan mentions a new access road going from Redford to the N11 at the Glenview hotel junction, but it's probably years away.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

loyatemu wrote: »
    In addition to Waverly and SeaGreen, there are 50 house approved for a site between Charlesland and and the Kilcoole Road, and there's a planning app in for ~170 houses immediately to the south of Charlesland Park. The site behind St Lawrence's school has an application for 132 houses going through the planning process. The harbour development (Marina Village) will eventually contain 400+ houses and apartments.

The development plan mentions a new access road going from Redford to the N11 at the Glenview hotel junction, but it's probably years away.

The town will be choked. It's bad enough as it is.

Surely there should be prerequisites like proper access roads. Greystones will be a victim of its own success. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Newlyn Constructions, however, it is NAMA sponsored development.

Is this timber frame construction? or are they using concrete?

Newlyn isn't woods is it?

damian139 wrote: »
    Newlyn isn't woods is it?
    nope, wood group are developing SeaGreen, which is next door to waverly

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wicklow Will

Posters here asking why there isn't proper infrastructure to support the massive spread of development in and around Greystones and Delgany, are absolutely right - on the one hand. Yes it is crazy that Wicklow County Council planners aren't stipulating that the supporting infrastructure is in place prior to development taking place. However, the planners operate under legislation developed under Local Development Plans, which have to conform to County Development Plans and these in turn must be in line with guidelines laid down by the National Spatial Strategy (NSS) that is in force from time-to-time. There is currently a new edition of this being compiled. Planning is also influenced by our Regional Assemblies which, to we ordinary folk, are something of an unknown quantity. The other intractable problem that we face in the Greystones and Delgany area, in trying to contain inappropriate development is Greystones' and Delgany's inclusion in The Greater Dublin Metropolitan Area. This is a classification under the NSS and also influences planning in this area.

So, in all of this, we soon come to realise that attempting to bring some reason to bear on planning in and around Delgany /Greystones is akin to gathering sand in a net or water in a sive.

From a more aesthetic and quality of life perspective, we have to ask ourselves what does this mean for our area as a whole? As one poster stated, Greystones (and also Delgany) have become victims of their natural geographical beauty and quality of life reputation. These attributes were due, originally, to unspoilt areas of natural beauty and smaller communities where people existed side-by-side at such a level where people knew each other, interacted and actually integrated into a community. However, both these desirable elements have now, sadly been lost. I challenge anyone, living in Greystones or Delgany, reading this post to honestly, hand on heart, admit do you actually know anyone on your street or road further than your next door neighbour, or at most two and at a push three houses away? How many times have you actually sat down for a cup of tea in each other's houses, let alone a meal with each other? These phenomena are not peculiar to either conurbation but they are indicative of a facet of modern life and symptomatic of the underlying problem besetting our area.

Delgany and Greystones even up to thirty years ago when, as a bloke in my twenties I first visited them, were effectively villages. Now, Greystones is the fastest growing centre of population in Co. Wicklow and classified as a Large Town in the LADP. Delgany has all but been subsumed by its one-time offspring and now larger neighbour to become a suburb of it, despite valiantly striving to retain its own identity. How has this occurred?

Naturally as populations grow, development will proliferate to meet such increase. However, if such development is unfettered, it impacts detrimentally on the very aspects of life in areas of which Delgany and Greystones were prime examples. The extensive concentration of development from north Dublin down along the east coast, virtually to north Wexford must bring into focus the issue of so much of our economic investment being Dublin-centric. If more investment were devolved to other areas of the country in conjunction with the required infrastructure to support this there wouldn't be the requirement for so many people to look to Dublin for career prospects and the east coast for living accommodation. Until such time that this begins to happen, you will have the continued, unrestrained erosion of the countryside in what is now the 'Greater Dublin Metropolitan Area' and along with it, the quality of life that once made Greystones and Delgany the desirable places to live, they once were - free of unremitting lines of traffic and growing commuting times as the old roads get more and more congested.

What price progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kh2017

does this mean nama will request large volumes of social housing in wayverly

• Advertisement

kh2017 wrote: »

what have NAMA got to do with it?

Also I note a large sign for Cairn Homes in the field on the left just past the Redford Park junction; Cairn are the developers of the 2 sites in Charlesland but I can't see any planning application for that particular field. Anyone know anything?

kh2017 wrote: »
    I hope not!!!
    The houses are being built and sold by Newlyn and not NAMA. NAMA owned the land and has funded development, but its like any other commercial transaction.
    NAMA is part of NTMA and has nothing to do with social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

loyatemu wrote:
    Also I note a large sign for Cairn Homes in the field on the left just past the Redford Park junction; Cairn are the developers of the 2 sites in Charlesland but I can't see any planning application for that particular field. Anyone know anything?

loyatemu wrote:

That's all zoned for housing up to the junction at the dip in the road going to wind gates

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RaulDublin

I called up the ea today and they vaguely mentioned 600 k range for the 4 beds.
    I saw the plans on the builder webpage and they look neat...on paper

RaulDublin wrote: »
    I called up the ea today and they vaguely mentioned 600 k range for the 4 beds.
    I saw the plans on the builder webpage and they look neat...on paper

Wow. 600k for a 4 bed seems a lot. Is that the detached maybe? Do you have the webpage for the builder? Seems to be very little info about these for a long time anyone know when the launch is?

Wow. 600k for a 4 bed seems a lot. Is that the detached maybe? Do you have the webpage for the builder? Seems to be very little info about these for a long time anyone know when the launch is?

Agree, 600K seems to be a lot, even for detached.

FB page says launch in May so any weekend now I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RaulDublin

Is this not the webpage Waverly.ie .. there are 3/4/5 bed specs here.
    600 k seemed high to me as well but they did say 500-600 k range and that the builder s release prices a few days before launch .

129 houses on the siteplan - is that the full development or is there a second phase afterwards?

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    129 houses on the siteplan - is that the full development or is there a second phase afterwards?

As per EA, full development will include 129 houses. Did not ask how many houses will be released in phase 1.

Advertisement