Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 weeping baby

We bought one in October 2018 3 bed 445. They ranged from 440-450 depending on garden size. It was a year between the two phases so maybe they doing that again! I don’t know why though as they are flying wirh new phase. In saying that all houses won’t be completed till October whereas the first ones from last phase will be ready next month Fingers crossed!

Hi Misstrekvix, we're interested in Waverly but don't know anyone who lives there. How have you found the estate so far? We'd be moving in with two kids (ages 3 and 5). We're returning from abroad so we haven't lived in the area for ages. Thinking of enrolling the kids in ET. Is there a friendly vibe in the estate, other young families around, etc? Just looking for any pointers that could help us make our decision ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

Just to be aware, last I saw there were only 4 houses left for this estate (3* 3bed, 1* 4bed) - so if you are interested, contact agents ASAP, these are the last units until they then sell the showhouses, for which there may not be a public release.
    There is a very young family demographic in the estate, and on the whole most people are very friendly.
    Hi Misstrekvix, we're interested in Waverly but don't know anyone who lives there. How have you found the estate so far? We'd be moving in with two kids (ages 3 and 5). We're returning from abroad so we haven't lived in the area for ages. Thinking of enrolling the kids in ET. Is there a friendly vibe in the estate, other young families around, etc? Just looking for any pointers that could help us make our decision ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Musapere

Hi,

I’m new here, my partner and I are commencing the pre-contracting process for the recent Waverly hill phase.
    Not sure if this has been raised before - we’re wondering if there’s Waverly specific queries you’d recommend our solicitor to raise? Happy with DMs if easier. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Musapere wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m new here, my partner and I are commencing the pre-contracting process for the recent Waverly hill phase.
    Not sure if this has been raised before - we’re wondering if there’s Waverly specific queries you’d recommend our solicitor to raise? Happy with DMs if easier. Thanks in advance.

The only thing I can think of is to have your solicitor request that a Subject-to-Loan clause be inserted into your contract. Just for your own protection should anything unforseen happen your mortgage application.

The clause wasn't in our original contract, but there was no objection to adding it when our solicitor requested it.

If you're using Help-to-Buy, make sure the contract reflects this too. Again, wasn't included in ours and we had to request that the contract reflected that HTB was contributing towards the 10% deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

The only thing I can think of is to have your solicitor request that a Subject-to-Loan clause be inserted into your contract. Just for your own protection should anything unforseen happen your mortgage application.

The clause wasn't in our original contract, but there was no objection to adding it when our solicitor requested it.

If you're using Help-to-Buy, make sure the contract reflects this too. Again, wasn't included in ours and we had to request that the contract reflected that HTB was contributing towards the 10% deposit.

THIS!

I literally just did this with a house I bought in Seagreen. Great advice. (Subject to loan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Musapere

Thanks El Fenomeno, we definitely wouldn't have thought of these two points. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Arlenelily

Hi all, just at the pre contract stages for waverly lawn. Great advice about the subject to loan! Thank you!!
    How accurate have the estimates of completion dates been? They said jan/feb to us, but our 6 month approval will be up by end of jan! Just wondering if we are likely to have to re submit all our bank statements and payslips for our mortgage...

Arlenelily wrote: »
    Hi all, just at the pre contract stages for waverly lawn. Great advice about the subject to loan! Thank you!!
    How accurate have the estimates of completion dates been? They said jan/feb to us, but our 6 month approval will be up by end of jan! Just wondering if we are likely to have to re submit all our bank statements and payslips for our mortgage...

Not Sure about Waverly but I've been told add 6 months to mine in Seagreen, not entirely sure how accurate that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Zizou

We were told 6-9mts in seagreen, reality it was 12.

Zizou wrote: »
    We were told 6-9mts in seagreen, reality it was 12.

Add 12 months to when you were told by the estate agency when it would be ready? Jaysus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Zizou

Yes, that was our experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Hi all,

Just wondering what the size of the bedrooms are like in the Osprey? Are they all double bedrooms or is one more like a box room? Also, I've noticed there is no utility room in the Osprey. Wondering where people who live there put their washing machine and dryer ? Is there space in the downstairs bathroom for one?

For people living in the Osprey houses, how are you finding them?

Have an opportunity to purchase a 3 bed Osprey house but only have a short window to decide. The sitting room seems quite small, but I suppose this is standard for new built 3 bed houses.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

sineadmur wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering what the size of the bedrooms are like in the Osprey? Are they all double bedrooms or is one more like a box room? Also, I've noticed there is no utility room in the Osprey. Wondering where people who live there put their washing machine and dryer ? Is there space in the downstairs bathroom for one?

Have an opportunity to purchase a 3 bed Osprey house but only have a short window to decide. The sitting room seems quite small, but I suppose this is standard for new built 3 bed houses.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you come across this? Was it unsold or is it second hand? Did they offer any discount under the current circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gb1985

sineadmur wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

We don't live in Osprey but based on what I have seen, all three rooms in Osprey are double beds. In Curlew third room is suitable for single bed only.

Washing machine won't fit in downstairs bathroom. I have see some residents move it to shed. By default washing machine sits in kitchen for 3 beds.

Advertisement