Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Bluetooth speaker-wired-40W-with audio in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Scratch that... went to parcel motel.. entered my pin... door opened and the locker was empty !!!

Contact your local Nightline delivery depot where PM is for your location. My guess is they have it. You could just call into them. Trying to contact them online is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Am I the only one who thinks the sound is bloody awful from this speaker? It's boomy, muddy and echo-y even with the bass turned right down. I've a portable Anker speaker that's noticeably better and about 1/8th of the size. Maybe my expectations were too high. I reckon I'll just get a decent mini-hifi or something in the January stales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the sound is bloody awful from this speaker? It's boomy, muddy and echo-y even with the bass turned right down. I've a portable Anker speaker that's noticeably better and about 1/8th of the size. Maybe my expectations were too high. I reckon I'll just get a decent mini-hifi or something in the January stales.

Nah, not awful. But definitely not as good as you think it's gonna be when you unbox it. It has a premium appearance but that does not carry over to the internals unfortunately. Those that think the sound is great are not audiophiles, nor am I really, but in fairness, for 30quid, it was definitely worth it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have an old Bose sound dock that takes a 30pin iPod that I recently retrofitted an audio IN port to which enables me to connect a chromecast audio (or anything with a 3.5mm audio OUT) and the sound is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

For the money, its a decent Bluetooth speaker for a fixed position. Not A+ but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Couldn't believe I got the text from PM this morning to say it at arrived in the locker. Delighted with it for the money. Thanks op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

cronos wrote: »
    Scratch that... went to parcel motel.. entered my pin... door opened and the locker was empty !!!

Contact your local Nightline delivery depot where PM is for your location. My guess is they have it. You could just call into them. Trying to contact them online is useless.
    Spent half hour on hold but got through to somebody... they said it looks like the driver couldn't fit it in the locker and marking it priority for today in the hope I can get it... I offered to collect from the depot but was told it's in there overflow depot in swords and could not collect from there

Agree. sound not superb. not totally rubbish though. does a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Snora

Received mine yesterday, too big for intended space, can pass to someone for 30 euro, collection Cavan. PM for details

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

I think the sound is great for the money. What are u going to get for 35€ these days. Are you comparing to B&O or other high quality item which costs at least five times the price. I'm sure someone will take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

south wrote: »
    Couldn't believe I got the text from PM this morning to say it at arrived in the locker. Delighted with it for the money. Thanks op

Me too, happy days, didn't think I would have it this side Of Christmas. Thanks again OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Got mine. Disappointed with the sound too on first listen. Must give it another shot in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

odddavey wrote: »
    I think the sound is great for the money. What are u going to get for 35€ these days. Are you comparing to B&O or other high quality item which costs at least five times the price. I'm sure someone will take it off your hands.

Compared to an Anker speaker didn't he which wouldn't be much more money?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

Got mone today in PM locker. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Got mine. Disappointed with the sound too on first listen. Must give it another shot in a while.
    Mine was full base out of the box. Much better when taken down a few notches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

Looks like pm have let me down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

dodzy wrote: »
    Mine was full base out of the box. Much better when taken down a few notches

Ah ya it's ok. But the UE MEgaboom and Psyc Monic are better. It looks well though. I'll leave it here in the parents house.

odddavey wrote: »

This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Dual-Driver-Distortion-Microphone/dp/B016MO90GW so not a whole lot in the difference price-wise. I wouldn't be bothered trying to sell it on, I'll give just it to someone. Like you say, it's only €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

GoodBridge wrote:
    so not a whole lot in the difference price-wise. I wouldn't be bothered trying to sell it on, I'll give just it to someone. Like you say, it's only €35.

6W v 40W....

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Dual-Driver-Distortion-Microphone/dp/B016MO90GW so not a whole lot in the difference price-wise. I wouldn't be bothered trying to sell it on, I'll give just it to someone. Like you say, it's only €35.

I have an Anker but it's this one. Great piece of kit. Got it on a deal here 2 years ago. Still going strong.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Wireless-Bluetooth-Radiators-Subwoofers/dp/B0109TWZ54/ref=pd_sim_23_52?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P1BRTMZJ2W15EJJ930TR

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

For the money it's pretty good value. For those who have issues with sound quality (if on pc) I recommend installing a graphical equaliser (I'm on linux and using pulseaudio) and using a headphones preset improved it significantly for me.
    Happy christmas op and everyone.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    6W v 40W....

Can hear the news on the radio v can't hear the news on the radio...

Seriously, there's far more to to sound quality than wattage so don't just quote wattage with an ellipsis as if it's the be all and end all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

GoodBridge wrote:
    Seriously, there's far more to to sound quality than wattage so don't just quote wattage with an ellipsis as if it's the be all and end all.

Seriously, I know plenty about sound quality. Enough not to be comparing apples to oranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

had to go to depot in cork for it as wouldnt fit into locker parcel motel -took 2 weeks to arrive

Gave one of them as a prezzy to nephew today and to say he was delira would be an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Tested one out just now, the sound quality definitely isn't brilliant and it doesn't get as loud as I'd I'd expected.

Still, nice design and decent enough for the price. Definitely worth it at the promo value

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

I got mine but when playing tunein radio tru it it sounds like it's coming out of a bucket , music playback is good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Tried mine for the first time today. First couldn't get it to connect, I had to select mode to get it into pairing mode, no mention of this in the manual. Eventually got it connected and have to say the bass even when set to the lowest level is far too high, but also the is a slight hissing sound coming from the speaker when playing.
    Again for the price it is good enough, but had I paid full price I would be sending it back.

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Tried mine for the first time today. First couldn't get it to connect, I had to select mode to get it into pairing mode, no mention of this in the manual. Eventually got it connected and have to say the bass even when set to the lowest level is far too high, but also the is a slight hissing sound coming from the speaker when playing.
    Again for the price it is good enough, but had I paid full price I would be sending it back.

Hence why they are being sold off I guess! Strange that the vast majority of the amazon reviews are so good. Unit looks good. Sound is average. Good for a party situation, but not not for high fidelity listening.

Selling mine €40 - same price I paid for it (including DPD delivery)

http://www.adverts.ie/12009487

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Thought I'd return to say thanks to the OP.
    It's a fine speaker for the price.

Now, had I paid retail, I'd be sending it back.
    But for 30 quid, it holds its own against the excellent (and more compact, and battery powered) Anker A3413, another bargain from earlier this year.

This has more volume and bass, and to my (currently unreliable due to hearing problem) ears, similar sound quality..

Cheers OP

Advertisement