Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Bluetooth speaker-wired-40W-with audio in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

dodzy wrote: »
    Ah, gotcha. I just bought 2 ;)

Just picked up one now. Back on sale at £29.99😜

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭smilgy

What are the dimensions of the shipped package does anyone know? I've ordered two and im just thinking if I should have ordered them separate..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

10% seems to be gone though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Just picked up one now. Back on sale at £29.99😜

Thank/damn you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

Well feck ya all just got one lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Very tempted but would really like to know how the sound quality of this is before buying just for the sake of it.

Would like to pair it with my Echo Dot which I currently have connected to an Anker Bluetooth speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

adox wrote: »
    Very tempted but would really like to know how the sound quality of this is before buying just for the sake of it.

Would like to pair it with my Echo Dot which I currently have connected to an Anker Bluetooth speaker.

Solid reviews. Defo worth it at that price. 40W- should well outperform the anker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I bought one of these via parcel motel. Got the notification that it was in my local pm Location. My parents tried to collect it but said they couldn't collect it. I went in myself then and it was saying the same for my mobile number and pin. However on the website it's saying with customer.

Anyone ever had difficulty with collecting something with PM. I've logged a support request with them online, so i will see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So anybody who originally ordered still not had theirs shipped? I ordered Sunday just after 1am (Monday morning) and still hasn't been shipped. Looking unlikely to arrive before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Does anyone know how it's powered? Is it micro usb and is there a built in battery or replaceable and can it be recharged by plugging it in direct?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

DubDJ wrote: »
    So anybody who originally ordered still not had theirs shipped? I ordered Sunday just after 1am (Monday morning) and still hasn't been shipped. Looking unlikely to arrive before Xmas.

Ye I ordered a few hours before you. Was hoping to have it before Xmas but unlikely now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

cormie wrote: »
    Does anyone know how it's powered? Is it micro usb and is there a built in battery or replaceable and can it be recharged by plugging it in direct?

Its wired

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

cormie wrote:

Mains adapter, no battery. Too big to be portable.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Thanks OP, I've been on the lookout for a Bluetooth speaker for a while, after reading the reviews etc it looks serious value at 40 odd euro delivered.

I had it in my basked on Sunday evening @ £29.99 and din't pull the trigger so missed out.

If anyone has bought one and doesn't really want it I'll take it!

Here's hoping ;)

Don't get get caught out again, its down to 29.99, s**t or get off the pot....... Sorry, couldn't resist 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

rustynutz wrote: »
    Don't get get caught out again, its down to 29.99, s**t or get off the pot....... Sorry, couldn't resist 😊

Cheers, got one yesterday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

LG1234 wrote: »
    Ye I ordered a few hours before you. Was hoping to have it before Xmas but unlikely now
    I posted the BA so I guess I was one of the first to order. No delivery yet. I was onto CS last week and they assured me that my 2 would be delivered by Christmas. There's still time, although it's only a present to me so I'm not bothered anyway. I do hope that anyone in the 'present for someone else ' boat gets sorted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Just got a notification from PM to say that the package was oversized.

They must have used a huge box to put the speaker in :eek:

moonboy52 wrote: »

Who did you use? I used parcel motel, I never thought of it being oversized ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

No way, did anyone else receive it from PM? What's that add to the cost?

• Advertisement

rustynutz wrote: »
    Who did you use? I used parcel motel, I never thought of it being oversized ðŸ˜

Parcel Motel as well.

They must have made a mistake i reckon :p
    No way, did anyone else receive it from PM? What's that add to the cost?

€7 with free transfer to your local PM depot or an additional cost of €7.50 to get it home delivered, so €14.50 in total

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ Anyone else received theirs through Parcel Motel?

Was it classed as oversized?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Ordered 3 speakers and 3 network adapters, just got informed by PM that oversize parcel is available - Your parcel size is 50 x 60 x 40 cm 6 kg.

Dogre wrote: »
    Ordered 3 speakers and 3 network adapters, just got informed by PM that oversize parcel is available - Your parcel size is 50 x 60 x 40 cm 6 kg.

One speaker- Your parcel size is 40 x 37 x 64 cm- 5 kg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

One speaker- Your parcel size is 40 x 37 x 64 cm- 5 kg

"The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm"

Surely you should be within the limit there?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

UsedToWait wrote: »
    For all 3, or will that be 3 different parcels do you reckon?

edit:

On the ebay listing it says:
    Weight 3 Kg
    Dimensions 17cm(H) 23.5cm(W) 42cm(D)

So unless they're shipping it in a huge box, it shouldn't be oversized?

My Ebay account indicates that 3 of each item is in the delivery, so I am hoping it is all together in one parcel; if so it makes the €7 oversize parcel charge good value.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    "The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm"

Surely you should be within the limit there?

I reckon so too, UsedToWait.

I have sent in a ticket requesting a partial refund as i opted for house delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just emailed asking why my order hasn't shipped. Got an automated out of office email saying they're not back until Wednesday. Really annoying, left waiting for it to ship a week now. Looks unlikely to arrive before Xmas, even though the estimate indicated they had stock and would ship right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Does anyone have one of these, are they any good?
    For the price I guess it's worth a shot.

• Advertisement

tonic wine wrote: »
    Does anyone have one of these, are they any good?
    For the price I guess it's worth a shot.

lots of good reviews on amazon.co.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Contempo-Bluetooth-Compatible-Smartphones/dp/B00ZA66FAS

Advertisement