Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Bluetooth speaker-wired-40W-with audio in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

glasso wrote: »
    you do realise that talking about the bargain, getting the bargain, updating on delivery status etc is the most important thing. Trying out the thing once you get it - that can wait until... oh March :)

You would think id know that after all the stuff I have bought off BA at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Mine finally arrived today.

I must say i am very impressed.

The unit is much bigger than i had pictured.
    • Nice Bass
    • Good sound
    • Can power a unit using the USB port (although only 1 amp, will be fine for my Zune 120Gb that has a bad battery))
    • Can plug in a USB stick and play from that

Even with the over-size charge, a great buy.

Great spot Dodzy. Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Mine finally arrived today. :D

And did you get sorted with PM for the oversize charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

UsedToWait wrote: »
    And did you get sorted with PM for the oversize charge?

They are not responding to support tickets at all, UsedToWait.

I'll wait until January and try again.

To be fair, it was a large box it came in, and maybe a few mm clearance to fit in the locker if that.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

i collected mine today from pm s depot , i got 2 so box was big enough and heavier than i expected .
    thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭PaulT21

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Mine finally arrived today.

I must say i am very impressed.

The unit is much bigger than i had pictured.
    • Nice Bass
    • Good sound
    • Can power a unit using the USB port (although only 1 amp, will be fine for my Zune 120Gb that has a bad battery))
    • Can plug in a USB stick and play from that

Even with the over-size charge, a great buy.

Great spot Dodzy. Nice one :D

Big Thanks to the OP

Mine arrived this evening, was delayed a bit but by PM and not Vodafone eBay.

Certainly bigger than I expected too, so expecting good things from it.

moonboy52, I received my item via Parcel Motel, and was charged the regular ammount, no oversized price!!

many thanks again OP.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

Didn't get a chance to update earlier with work. Anyway, DPD x 2 speakers for €3.85 so happy day. No way on earth one speaker exceeds max dimensions on PM lockers, even with excess wrapping.

Great quality packaging by the way, and I'm a big fan of that. 3.5mm male/male for aux out/in is included as is the CR battery for the remote. Reassuringly good weight to the thing; remote control is neat. Base control but no treble. Sound is more than decent enough for the price. USB external charging port a plus for low draw devices (phones and the like). Top controls straight forward enough. BT pairing with Alexa later. Have not tried, but I'm sure it's straightforward. Anyway, only had a few mins to unwrap and quick test. A few snaps from earlier.... next to a trusty old school Bose dock for size comparison (and it still wipes the floor with our BA by the way ;)). Anyway, at least they are starting to come across before the 25th so I'm sure yis'll all be happy out for a sub 30quid purchase.

404388.JPG

404389.JPG

404390.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Hi all, did anyone get their delivery via address pal yet? Mine was delivered to depot on Monday morning and I've not heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

odddavey wrote: »
    Hi all, did anyone get their delivery via address pal yet? Mine was delivered to depot on Monday morning and I've not heard anything.

Nor will you until its actually ready for collection at your chose post office, no tracking facility unfortunately

My speaker "dispatched" yesterday but actually went nowhere. So basically it still hasn't gone to the initial delivery company. With the time it takes to redirect etc its very unlikely that I'll see it before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

exaisle wrote: »
    I ordered one of the multi room boxes and two speakers all in Sunday 11th. Multiroom box delivered to my local parcel motel g today but no sign of the speakers.. 😟

Update: On Monday morning I got notice from DPD that the speakers would be delivered to Parcel Motel in NI today...so I'd hope for delivery to my local PM around Wednesday or Thursday....

Further update:I collected the speakers from Parcel Motel yesterday...it was slightly oversize because they put two speakers in one box...still...well happy..

My speaker "dispatched" yesterday but actually went nowhere. So basically it still hasn't gone to the initial delivery company. With the time it takes to redirect etc its very unlikely that I'll see it before Christmas.
    look on the bright side. You'll have forgotten about it and when it finally arrives it'll be a surprise* ;)

*Unless it was a gift for someone !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

My speaker was delivered to Parcel Motel yesterday but still hasn't shown up on my account, nearly 24hours later.

Anybody who got one delivered to PM how long did it take to appear? I haven't used PM in 3 years but everything is setup and working so should be no issues on my side.

DubDJ wrote: »
    My speaker was delivered to Parcel Motel yesterday but still hasn't shown up on my account, nearly 24hours later.

Anybody who got one delivered to PM how long did it take to appear? I haven't used PM in 3 years but everything is setup and working so should be no issues on my side.

There could be an issue with your pm id not being recognised. More likely though that pm are snowed under and are operating slowly

There could be an issue with your pm id not being recognised. More likely though that pm are snowed under and are operating slowly

Yeah I've read a few posts over the last few days about PM delays, truthfully I accidentally picked them over Parcel Wizard to deliver my order, so I just left it to avoid any complications.

From what I can remember, it would usually show up a few hours after arriving in the past, a day so far is a little worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Yup....I was out there last night and they are snowed under...however, they aren't operating slowly..it was a hive of activity...didn't look like anything was operating slowly to me...

exaisle wrote: »
    Yup....I was out there last night and they are snowed under...however, they aren't operating slowly..it was a hive of activity...didn't look like anything was operating slowly to me...

I meant that things may move more slowly through the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

It states on parcel motel site that packages with them before Dec 20th 11am will be in lockers 23rd/24th anything later will be around 28th/29th as they shut for a few days over xmas

It states on parcel motel site that packages with them before Dec 20th 11am will be in lockers 23rd/24th anything later will be around 28th/29th as they shut for a few days over xmas

DPD have excelled this year IMO. I've used both since they started and PW trounces PM every time.

Mine arrived Dec 20th at 10.20am so looks like I just got in before that cut-off :P

Glad to know it's just delays and nothing wrong with the account. Thanks for the replies.

Can't say anything about sound quality but based on the photos posted it looks like a great bargain for less than 40 Euro.

• Advertisement

checked the interlink courier (initial dispatch from uk) status and they say they haven't received it yet to be able to deliver it.
    vodafone store say interlink haven't picked it up yet.
    Always blame the other guy :)

You should be ok - I'm in the same boat - delivered but not checked in - will be switching to PW from now on, certainly in busy periods..

Mine arrived Dec 20th at 10.20am so looks like I just got in before that cut-off :P

Mine was in at 10:15, so I'll hopefully be ok too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Mine was in at 10:15, so I'll hopefully be ok too :)

I jumped on this deal also.

Interlink emailed me on the 20th saying it will be delivered to pm between 10-11am...read the tracking details and it said delivered 11.29:pac:

Will be interesting to see if they will squeeze mine in the batch before xmas day, fingers crossed but it's not for a present so will be grand either way:)

Edit- I read it wrong..delivered 10:11:29. Phew Onto a winner with that hopefully!

Edit again! - Just as I had posted this I got the email from pm with the pic of it at pm hq! should have it by friday! Cheers op!

Just got the email saying it's in the depot too. Should be delivered by Friday which is perfect. Thanks again to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got an email saying there was a delay in picking it up

TheDriver wrote: »
    And there was me thinking that you, of all people, would have collected it yourself ;)

TheDriver wrote: »

you got an email from interlink saying that?
    I got a similar message. There goes all hope of getting it before christmas I think. ironically I have it set to be sent to dpd parcel wizard.
    Dpd own interlink. If only it could be sent directly from the uk to my address instead of going through parcel wizard in the north - can't happen though.
    I suspect that it will now arrive in the north on Friday but then won't get to me until after christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Mine has arrived, PM say i need to collect from depot as it is oversize (only ordered one). This is the last time i'll use them shower of thiefs.

• Advertisement

Mine too, though I haven't even got notification - just saw the 7 quid taken from my card.
    Will be breaking out the measuring tape when / if I ever get the parcel!

Advertisement