Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Bluetooth speaker-wired-40W-with audio in

Options

Comments

PCDub wrote: »
    Mine has arrived, PM say i need to collect from depot as it is oversize (only ordered one). This is the last time i'll use them shower of thiefs.

you have to keep in mind that the size of the lockers restricts things.
    listings should give more information about the size of boxes that things come in tbh.
    parcel wizard have more leeway as they don't use lockers for delivery to an address. I use parcel wizard mostly now.
    have used the dreaded addresspal (stupid long id causes issues) once or twice in the case that a mainland UK address saves money.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

glasso wrote: »
    you have to keep in mind that the size of the lockers restricts things.
    listings should give more information about the size of boxes that things come in tbh.
    parcel wizard have more leeway as they don't use lockers for delivery to an address. I use parcel wizard mostly now.
    have used the dreaded addresspal (stupid long id causes issues) once or twice in the case that a mainland UK address saves money.

Fair enough the locker sizes are fixed but when others are getting it delivered i start to think they are not delivering some so they can keep the lockers free during the busy xmas period. Also the charges for oversize items are off the charts, itll cost 15e to get this delivered. I got another parcel delivered during the year, about the size of a 40inch lcd but only weighted 2kg, and they wanted 130e to deliver it and threatened to destroy it if i didnt pay up. After many calls managed to get it delivered for 55e. Living in laois so cant get to finglas to collect either.
    Think ill have to start using parcel wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

I won't be using PM again either, got stung a few months ago and then you have to go Northside to pick it up - so Tolls added too:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BeerFarts

I got an email about a delay in picking it up this morning but it looks like it's been picked up now and scheduled for delivery on Thursday up north (they didn't notify me, just checked myself). Those of you who got a similar email might want to check it again.

BeerFarts wrote: »
    I got an email about a delay in picking it up this morning but it looks like it's been picked up now and scheduled for delivery on Thursday up north (they didn't notify me, just checked myself). Those of you who got a similar email might want to check it again.

cheers. just checked on interlink and same with mine also. wonder if there is a chance of getting it on Fri then (last delivery day for parcel wizard). if it arrives early enough might have a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Same here. Is there any deliveries Sat?

TheDriver wrote: »
    Same here. Is there any deliveries Sat?

parcel motel to lockers I think yeah but given it's xmass eve you'd need to check. not for parcel wizard for sure (mon to fri only).
    "No, at the moment we do not deliver on Saturdays or Bank Holidays."
    if they deliver not so late to the NI address tomorrow it may get through.

reckon i should get it on Fri.... hopefully. has left Birmingham on the way to nordieland.

Where has my parcel been? Hide ▲
    Date & Time Location Description
    21 Dec 2016 22:36 Hub 3 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Mallusk depot
    21 Dec 2016 22:31 Hub 3 - Bham We have X-rayed your parcel as part of our normal security procedures
    21 Dec 2016 20:16 Hub 1 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Mallusk depot
    21 Dec 2016 13:57 Bournemouth We have your parcel and it's on its way to you
    21 Dec 2016 09:30 Bournemouth Your Kondor Limited parcel has not arrived with us; we'll let you know as soon as it does and confirm it's on its way to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Got the email earlier that Parcel Motel had my delivery and just got a text that it's in my locker. A lot quicker than I expected.

No mention of oversized parcel so think my one got through ok.

I did notice the email earlier said it was in the Dublin depot, rather than Antrim. So it was marked as delivered to Antrim on Tuesday but they must of sent it straight to the Dublin depot rather than checking it into the Antrim location. No mention on my account of the delivery until earlier today at the Dublin check in.

parcel motel to lockers I think yeah but given it's xmass eve you'd need to check. not for parcel wizard for sure (mon to fri only).
    "No, at the moment we do not deliver on Saturdays or Bank Holidays."
    if they deliver not so late to the NI address tomorrow it may get through.

I wonder will there be a final push to get things sorted on Sat for DPD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I don't know about Christmas Eve but I've had deliveries from DPD through parcel wizard on Saturdays for the past month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

My parcel is waiting in the locker to be collected...got the text at about 11 last night.
    Really impressed with how quick pm got it there as they only emailed me at 13:40 yesterday that it's in the Dublin depot.

Feel for you guys who have been charged extra, seems they only took the usual 4 from my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

reckon i should get it on Fri.... hopefully. has left Birmingham on the way to nordieland.

Where has my parcel been? Hide ▲
    Date & Time Location Description
    21 Dec 2016 22:36 Hub 3 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Mallusk depot
    21 Dec 2016 22:31 Hub 3 - Bham We have X-rayed your parcel as part of our normal security procedures
    21 Dec 2016 20:16 Hub 1 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Mallusk depot
    21 Dec 2016 13:57 Bournemouth We have your parcel and it's on its way to you
    21 Dec 2016 09:30 Bournemouth Your Kondor Limited parcel has not arrived with us; we'll let you know as soon as it does and confirm it's on its way to you

Who Xrayed it? Thought that only happened with international deliverys

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Anyone get it delivered by addressPal yet?I have heard nothing from them re delivery date, first time using them

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

barry75 wrote: »
    Anyone get it delivered by addressPal yet?I have heard nothing from them re delivery date, first time using them
    First time using them as well, got notification that it arrived in depot in England. Was told from another boardsie, that won't hear anything until in the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

odddavey wrote: »
    First time using them as well, got notification that it arrived in depot in England. Was told from another boardsie, that won't hear anything until in the post office.

I got an item from screwfix last week, via addresspal,everyday I looked at the tracking at screwfix it showed ready for dispath. Then a phone text your item is ready at your local post office.No notification what so ever

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Just hope we don't get stung for a extra 25 euro with them for over sized parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just hope we don't get stung for a extra 25 euro with them for over sized parcel
    No way one speaker is oversized. No way. The 2 I got would have been. Looks like that they are packaged in the factory in pairs as there was zero wasted space in my package. But individually, they will easily fit in a PM locker. If they hit you for OS charge, I'd dispute it after the event via email or customer support making reference to the actual dimensions of goods received.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 iunited

Ordered my speaker on the Sunday night around 11. Then I saw the link for the sound link. So I went back in again, ordered another speaker and two links. I mistakenly made two orders out of my final one. Text off address pal on Monday morning saying my two parcels were at my local post office. Still no word on the final speaker but it has been dispatched.
    First time using address pal and I must say I will be using it again, great service.
    €7.50 for the two packages and no overweight charge!

Final piece arrived today, text off address pal. Picked up the speaker from post office.
    €3.50. Now to hide both speakers as the house is full of them, maybee in the Christmas tree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

I just got a call from PM telling me to collect from the depot as it's oversized. How come some got through OK? Is everyone's box the same size? Feck

Edit just checked my account and they charged me 7euro instead of the usual 3.95, not the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I think as someone said, they're packed in pairs, and some single speakers are being sent in the box meant for two for handiness. Maybe this is why some are coming in as oversized?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

LG1234 wrote: »
    I just got a call from PM telling me to collect from the depot as it's oversized. How come some got through OK? Is everyone's box the same size? Feck

Edit just checked my account and they charged me 7euro instead of the usual 3.95, not the end of the world.

That's ok if you're local to the depot..
    Another 7.95 to deliver it if not, which kinda takes the shine of the bargain for me..
    Will be measuring the box for sure when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Just got message to say that both of mine will be delivered to my home address tomorrow by DPD parcel wizard. cost €3.85 each;)
    I ordered them separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

iunited wrote: »
    Ordered my speaker on the Sunday night around 11. Then I saw the link for the sound link. So I went back in again, ordered another speaker and two links. I mistakenly made two orders out of my final one. Text off address pal on Monday morning saying my two parcels were at my local post office. Still no word on the final speaker but it has been dispatched.
    First time using address pal and I must say I will be using it again, great service.
    €7.50 for the two packages and no overweight charge!

Was there an offer on the sound link as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

UsedToWait wrote: »

That's ok if you're local to the depot..
    Another 7.95 to deliver it if not, which kinda takes the shine of the bargain for me..
    Will be measuring the box for sure when it arrives.

PM are saying the box is 44x50x18 which is over their limit of 41x38x64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Just got the text to say that mine is ready to be collected at the post office just waiting for the wife and son to head out so I can collect the 2 as 1 is for him for xmas.

Edit: just collected both and the price was €3.50 delighted to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

blastman wrote: »
    Was there an offer on the sound link as well?
    Yep, down to 30£, but you need one for each device.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

I'd be keen to know how single units are packaged. I'd be surprised if they are wrapping 1 in a box exactly twice the size. Anyway, lesson learned for others. PW has proven to be the best option.
    LG1234 wrote: »
    PM are saying the box is 44x50x18 which is over their limit of 41x38x64

Actual box size is 43 x 24 x 17 vs PM limit of 64 x 41 x 38. So, PM are either full of shít or they are way over-packaged. Looking at the PM stated size details, it does look like one unit is in a double unit box! Ridiculous.

Got PW notification for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 iunited

Yes, the sound link was half price too.

Advertisement