Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Bluetooth speaker-wired-40W-with audio in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

iunited wrote: »
    Yes, the sound link was half price too.

Drat, missed that! Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭PaulT21

blastman wrote: »
    Drat, missed that! Thanks...

Still available for after Christmas now obviously at 50% off. £35.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kitsound-Link-Multi-room-Audio-wireless-Music-Streaming-System-/182051115242?hash=item2a631790ea

TheDriver wrote: »
    Got PW notification for tomorrow.

same. nice to have it to use at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Got mine today. Great piece of kit. Cheers OP!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

iunited wrote: »
    Yes, the sound link was half price too.

Does this link multiple Bluetooth speakers together? As in, I can play the same music through multiple speakers?

• Advertisement

Yes (not just Bluetooth speakers), but you need one per speaker or device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Got stung with the oversize charge as well with PM. Adds another €13.5 onto it and maybe and hours drive. Still cant wait to see how its packaged to be oversized, obviously not PMs fault though

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

blastman wrote: »
    Yes (not just Bluetooth speakers), but you need one per speaker or device.

So if I have 4 Bluetooth speakers, can they centrally connect to this, so I can stream to the hub and that will stream out to the other speakers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Got stung with the oversize charge as well with PM. Adds another €13.5 onto it and maybe and hours drive. Still cant wait to see how its packaged to be oversized, obviously not PMs fault though

13.50? Mine was oversized and I only got charged 7? Or are you including the m50 tolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

I just got a text from Parcel Motel saying my oversized package is ready for collection in the depot in Dublin 11. Lot of good that is to me in Wexford. Again it's just one speaker still don't understand some get stopped as oversized and others just go through as normal.

• Advertisement

LG1234 wrote: »
    13.50? Mine was oversized and I only got charged 7? Or are you including the m50 tolls?

EDIT: Was only €7.95 extra for home delivery on top of the €7 oversize. Not to bad, didn't fancy going for a drive in that weather today. Works out an extra €10.95 (14.95-4 normal charge)for being oversized and you save yourself the trip to your parcel motel locker ha

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BeerFarts

Out for delivery today with PW and no extra charges, lovely stuff. I think i'll be using them over PM in future judging by other people's experiences here.

BeerFarts wrote: »
    Out for delivery today with PW and no extra charges, lovely stuff. I think i'll be using them over PM in future judging by other people's experiences here.

Its not really PMs fault its the numpties who packaged it in a massive box. No doubt the box is oversized.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

BeerFarts wrote: »

Same here, due in the next hour:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Same here

antodeco wrote: »
    So if I have 4 Bluetooth speakers, can they centrally connect to this, so I can stream to the hub and that will stream out to the other speakers?

As I understand it, that isn't how it works, no. The link connects to your wireless network and you use an app to control what plays to each link device individually (you can send the same stream to all or different streams to each link device via the app). The link then connects via bluetooth or an aux in connection to the speaker or other audio device. Hence you need a link for each device you want to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mine arrived in outside box that is made to hold 2 speaker boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just picked my one up from Parcel Motel. It was packaged in grey plastic wrap with cello tape. No external box, just the plastic and that was it. Plenty of room in the locker.

I suppose it all depends on how yours was packaged, which will mean you're either overcharged or not.

It's a gift so can't test it but the box was a little smaller than I expected it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Just got a notification from PM to say parcel has arrived in Dublin depot, no mention of oversize charge yet so fingers crossed

rustynutz wrote: »
    Just got a notification from PM to say parcel has arrived in Dublin depot, no mention of oversize charge yet so fingers crossed

Same here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Ordered mine last Sat night, arrived today via Parcel Wizard. Happy to have it for Xmas but when plugged in no lights, nothing working...looks like a faulty unit :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Hip hip hooray, OH picked up my 2 speakers from the post office, used address pal. Only cost me 3.50. can't wait to try them, still at work. 😆😆😣

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

Idioteque wrote: »
    Ordered mine last Sat night, arrived today via Parcel Wizard. Happy to have it for Xmas but when plugged in no lights, nothing working...looks like a faulty unit :mad:
    Check plug fuse ?

Battery for RC is in the small package ?

You should get a small red LED once connected to mains in the centre of the speaker grill ?

got it today - great value for the money. looks slick and has good sound with decent bass. having a bass adjuster on the remote is great too.
    I got it delivered by PW so no issues with being too big to fit into a PM locker. It came in a big box that would as others have said, have enough room for two and which wouldn't fit in a PM locker. so that's not PM's fault really.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

dodzy wrote: »
    Check plug fuse ?

Battery for RC is in the small package ?

You should get a small red LED once connected to mains in the centre of the speaker grill ?

Thanks but tried all of that first and still nothing...just need to figure out what it's going to cost to return given I only bought it because of the deal. Might get on to them to see if they'll reimburse posting...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

Idioteque wrote: »
    Thanks but tried all of that first and still nothing...just need to figure out what it's going to cost to return given I only bought it because of the deal. Might get on to them to see if they'll reimburse posting...
    They are an established store on Ebay. I'm sure they will look after you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

dodzy wrote: »
    They are an established store on Ebay. I'm sure they will look after you :)

It's Vodafone. Perhaps you would get lucky and they would let you drop it in an Irish Vodafone shop haha. Unlikely, but you can always hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adini

Bought mine last Sunday and was very pleasantly surprised that it arrived today - I didn't expect it to get here before Christmas (I used ParcelWizard)

First impressions are great, the sound quality is excellent. I'm already planning on buying a second one if the price drops back to £29 (the plan is to connect them together with Chromecast audio multiroom)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

Oh just got a message from pm saying mine has been delivered :) fair play for getting it out just in time ... oh and no extra charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

Scratch that... went to parcel motel.. entered my pin... door opened and the locker was empty !!!

Advertisement