Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Had to pay extra for the fan club but, least I have them I suppose Just got mine there.

How much for membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

rednik wrote: »
    I got 2 tickets for London and 2 gold for Slane. I will probably only go to London and put the Slane tickets on toutless.

What were the options and prices for London ? Can you choose pitch standing for example or is it just a specific section for pre sale tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

The Nal wrote: »
    Yep. MCD will just threaten boards.ie or whoever and it'll all blow over. They haven't bothered improving their organisation one bit in 15 years. Not one bit. But they still sell out most of the Slane gigs.
    GnR are expensive too so can't see there being much cash left over for facilities like food, transport, stewards, security and toilets.

It's clear you don't like the venue but that right there is complete rubbish. Also, how many gigs have you been to in Slane in the past 15 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Dancor wrote: »
    What were the options and prices for London ? Can you choose pitch standing for example or is it just a specific section for pre sale tickets?

I had the choice of both seating & standing. I opted for seats around the halfway line for £281.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Will1982

Has anyone got a presale code please can't depend on getting tickets Friday morning and I need to go to this show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Well ****e anyway, could have just about persuaded myself to go to CP or the Avia for it but good Jesus Slane is a nightmare, at least Axl is behaving himself these days but the thought of going all the way to that hole and Axl having a tantrum is just too risky, **** that.......and those Prices for a field in the middle of nowhere?? :eek:
    How many times this year has he had a tantrum? Or anything close to 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

PucaMama wrote: »
    How many times this year has he had a tantrum? Or anything close to 1?

None this year I believe........but how many in the 30 years before That?? Regardless, even if he's good as gold it's a nightmare venue but if people go there knowing this well that's fair enough, no skin off my Nose I'm just disappointed it wasn't somewhere else as a good friend of mine wants to go see them and if it was at a half decent venue I'd have gone too, saw him in 2010 when he had his infamous tantrum btw so I'd really rather not risk another one in the middle of nowhere no matter how much of an angel he is lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

If you can't handle a rock band misbehaving or having to rough it a bit go see some bland ****e like Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Ok will do thanks, your right, I'm just not rock n roll enough to potentially spend a night stranded in the middle of nowhere in a field......you sure told Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Aaaaanyway.... what extra does the golden circle give you, anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Am I the only one that thinks the sound in Croke and the Aviva are ****e?. Slane is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Will1982 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a presale code please can't depend on getting tickets Friday morning and I need to go to this show

Well if you need to go then I suggest you buy a Nightrain Membership at 42.00 euro ,and you can buy tickets now on Ticketmaster.

Nobody is going to give you a presale code that they paid good money for,especially a new poster .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

vicentecalderon4_0.jpg
    Well ****e anyway, could have just about persuaded myself to go to CP or the Avia for it but good Jesus Slane is a nightmare, at least Axl is behaving himself these days but the thought of going all the way to that hole and Axl having a tantrum is just too risky, **** that.......and those Prices for a field in the middle of nowhere?? :eek:

i think i might try madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

If anyone had the pre sale code they could pm me I'd really appreciate it.this gig is going to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Ok will do thanks, your right, I'm just not rock n roll enough to potentially spend a night stranded in the middle of nowhere in a field......you sure told Me!

How many people do you know have been left stranded in Slane after a gig where it was completely the organizers fault? My guess would be f*** all.

Every year as soon as Slane is mention people start moaning and it's usually people who haven't been in years or people passing on what they've heard someone else say. One year it was madness and that was mostly down to Dublin Bus.

Yes it's a bit of a walk back to the buses if that's the way you're travelling. Yes there will probably be muck - it's in a field after all. And yes it might even rain unless they plan on putting an umbrella over 80,000 people. Don't go with the expectation that you're going to chauffeur driven in and out of the field, that the weather is going to be perfect, that there'll be no queues or that you'll be tucked up in bed soon after the gig is finished and you'll have a great day. You're never going to enjoy it when you've already decided it'll be a sh*t day.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Zardoz wrote: »
    Well if you need to go then I suggest you buy a Nightrain Membership at 42.00 euro ,and you can buy tickets now on Ticketmaster.

Nobody is going to give you a presale code that they paid good money for,especially a new poster .

Are the presale codes unique?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I saw them the last time they played Slane,an unreal gig. Seriously tempted to go next year but herself not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

How many people do you know have been left stranded in Slane after a gig where it was completely the organizers fault? My guess would be f*** all.

Every year as soon as Slane is mention people start moaning and it's usually people who haven't been in years or people passing on what they've heard someone else say. One year it was madness and that was mostly down to Dublin Bus.

Yes it's a bit of a walk back to the buses if that's the way you're travelling. Yes there will probably be muck - it's in a field after all. And yes it might even rain unless they plan on putting an umbrella over 80,000 people. Don't go with the expectation that you're going to chauffeur driven in and out of the field, that the weather is going to be perfect, that there'll be no queues or that you'll be tucked up in bed soon after the gig is finished and you'll have a great day. You're never going to enjoy it when you've already decided it'll be a sh*t day.

Exactly, if it was in Croke Park you would have people complaining about the sound for the next 5-6 months, always something.

Managed to get a Golden Circle ticket today and cannot wait for this gig. Was there in 1992 and it was a great concert. 25 Years on the place will be rocking again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Seen em in 92. First ever gig.
    Have B+B booked for 27/05, will wait to see what the story is with tickets on friday, hate the hassle of slane.....but its Axl N slash.
    Pity the full original line up never played Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

villa2008 wrote: »
    Exactly, if it was in Croke Park you would have people complaining about the sound for the next 5-6 months, always something.

Managed to get a Golden Circle ticket today and cannot wait for this gig. Was there in 1992 and it was a great concert. 25 Years on the place will be rocking again.

Seriously, what's the benefit of the golden circle ticket?

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Basically your in the pit in front of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Ol' Donie wrote: »

It's just a €60 pit pass essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any wild shouts for support? Opens up early so should get 3/4 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »

London will get Alter Bridge while Slane will get the Blizzards :D

Black Star Riders
    The Strypes
    Backyard Babies
    etc. etc.

Good shout really: Blizzards (not that they're good, just they'll be token Irish act). Black Star Riders was one I was thinking of too, normally show up at these.

Hopefully a decent size act like Alice in Chains will be on it.

GNR
    AIC
    Black Star Riders
    The Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

London will get Alter Bridge while Slane will get the Blizzards :D

Ill gladly take that for london and maybe a Izzy or Adler apperence too

People going to Slane can have Brush Shiels and Seb Bach fight it out over who are the true Skid Row lol

Good shout really: Blizzards (not that they're good, just they'll be token Irish act). Black Star Riders was one I was thinking of too, normally show up at these.

Hopefully a decent size act like Alice in Chains will be on it.

GNR
    AIC
    Black Star Riders
    The Answer

The Answer would be good also. Forgot about them. Definitely think either Black Star Riders or The Answer will be the token Irish rock band.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The Blizzards and The Answer were the support acts for AC/DC in Punchestown in '09 iirc.

The former were predictably crap and not very well received. The latter were decent enough.

I am coming back from Hong Kong the morning of this gig, gutted that I'll probably miss it :(

• Advertisement

Can nearly put money on it. Was at Foos in 2015 and really enjoyed the lineup so more of the same would be sweet.

Advertisement