Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Zardoz

delta214 wrote: »
    Are the presale codes unique?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

villa2008 wrote: »
    The Answer would be good also. Forgot about them. Definitely think either Black Star Riders or The Answer will be the token Irish rock band.

Crow Black Chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Mushy wrote: »
    Any wild shouts for support? Opens up early so should get 3/4 of them.

Faith No More
    My Little Funhouse

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

Here's my thinking....

The tickets are far from cheap

The band has not been together for years, so it's relying on the old back catelogue

Location is not by any means convenient for the majority of those considering going

The lead singer has a history for throwing tantrums (although I do appreciate that he's right to refuse to play if people are throwing bottles etc.)

Here's what happened the last time Guns 'n' Roses played in Ireland (albeit, with a somewhat different line up): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLUUQdqA0I

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Last time Guns played Ireland was May 2012, same line up as the 2010 show, but everyone seems to think they last played Dublin in 2010..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

not once on this tour did Axl show up late/walk off stage etc

theres was only ever one small incident on the NITL tour but it was a tech issue

the man has changed a lot in recent years and long may he stay that way

PTH2009 wrote: »
    not once on this tour did Axl show up late/walk off stage etc

theres was only ever one small incident on the NITL tour but it was a tech issue

the man has changed a lot in recent years and long may he stay that way

He actually showed up early than advertised stage time in the US over the summer. Plus the piano problem was hilarious..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Here's my thinking....

The band has not been together for years, so it's relying on the old back catelogue

Location is not by any means convenient for the majority of those considering going

The lead singer has a history for throwing tantrums (although I do appreciate that he's right to refuse to play if people are throwing bottles etc.)

Here's what happened the last time Guns 'n' Roses played in Ireland (albeit, with a somewhat different line up): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLUUQdqA0I

I would be delighted with the old back catalogue. A lot of people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Last time Guns played Ireland was May 2012, same line up as the 2010 show, but everyone seems to think they last played Dublin in 2010..

2006?

Wooderson wrote: »
    2006?

And 2006, but the youtube link a few posts up is linked to the infamous show in 2010..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is Guns N Roses still a popular act then.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

The back catalogue are the reason we're going. I don't want to hear anything released after 1992.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ashamed to be Irish that night. The crowd were a disgrace. Best thing about it was when he walked off most of the knobheads left.

The quays cleared majestically of 25 year old McCabes and Farrelly coaches bringing poor hoors back to utter dogboxes like Cavan and Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

The Nal wrote: »
    Ashamed to be Irish that night. The crowd were a disgrace. Best thing about it was when he walked off most of the knobheads left.

Exactly, they came back in 2012 and were great.

It was the drunk knobheads as you say in the crowd that ruined the 2010 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

villa2008 wrote: »
    Exactly, they came back in 2012 and were great.

It was the drunk knobheads as you say in the crowd that ruined the 2010 gig.

Ended up being gig of the year though. Very memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Live Nation have a presale Thursday for the London concert ,all you need to do is register on their site (its free).

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

The Nal wrote: »
    Ended up being gig of the year though. Very memorable.

Definitely, one concert you will always remember for sure.

They band currently have always been on time,if not early, play a greatest hits setlist with a few Chinese Democracy songs thrown in. The recent concerts have been great from what I've seen / heard so far. Slash and Duff are back in the band. What more do ye want?? Well I guess the full original line-up would be great but that's not going to happen now apart from some guest appearances from Steven Adler and maybe Izzy somewhere down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

When was the last time they played there??

I had long hair and a leather jacket, i know that much.. And one tin of beer got me drunk. I remember that also..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

When was the last time they played there??

I had long hair and a leather jacket, i know that much.. And one tin of beer got me drunk. I remember that also..

'92.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

London booked and paid for. Standing tickets got. Lord henry will never dupe me again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

How much are tickets to other gigs across Europe? Struggling to find any details.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Spain is similar to here. €99 - €150 I'd say most places are the same. Except the UK which is more expensive. Not sure why people here are spending so much on Wembley tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

MadYaker wrote: »
    Not sure why people here are spending so much on Wembley tickets.

Well unless GnR are playing in a cup final I am pretty sure they are running the 100m over at the Olympic Stadium...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    London booked and paid for. Standing tickets got. Lord henry will never dupe me again.

Same here!

Hi,

Here's my thinking....

Here is my thinking, I saw them in Toronto on this tour - I very, very much urge you to go to this show, you will not be disappointed!

Delighted to wake up to see a second sweep on North America, just have to choose if I want to go to Buffalo, Montreal or Ottawa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

What are the options and prices for tickets for Slane?

Try on Friday and pay €89.50 and how much does this presale thing cost? Is ticket the same price?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Slane booked. So happy. Living in Meath doesn't have its advantages very often but every so often lady luck throws a bone :) Only band I own every album legally of including my last actual CD purchase in Chinese Democracy. Seriously cannot wait.

I'm dying to hear the Chinese Democracy stuff live.. And the classics of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nicholasj

Looks like the presale have sold out. Has anyone bought one recently ( lasthour).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Nicholasj wrote: »
    Looks like the presale have sold out. Has anyone bought one recently ( lasthour).

I booked in the last hour. GA.

Advertisement