Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Would love a pre sale code if anyone has one as unfortunately Slane is the only date il make it to. Despite living in London, I wont be here for the London gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Any chance of a pre sale code here?

Would love a pm with one. Being a hard core GnR fan all my life. Even became a musician thanks to Slash's influence

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

99.99% sure this is the campsite i stayed in for Foo Fighters

www.castleparkslane.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

99.99% sure this is the campsite i stayed in for Foo Fighters

www.castleparkslane.com

I stayed there too, great value

• Registered Users Posts: 14 j8100

Could anyone forward on a pre sale code if they have one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

anyone that has purchased from Nightrain, are the tickets printable pdf tickets or do you get put on a guestlist or how does it work?
    Also if anyone has any pre sale codes send them my way please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Hi. I'd love if anyone would be willing to share the presale code with me. Been holding out for this concert since they got back together but with 3 kids and Christmas around the corner I can just about afford the tickets never mind the extra cost to join nightrain. Would be very grateful to who ever passes the code on. Santa will be good to you for doing such a good deed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Asking for presale codes is a waste of time. Do you honestly think there'll be anyone on here who is a fully paid up member of the GnR fanclub and won't be using their code to buy tickets? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

icanmunch wrote: »
    anyone that has purchased from Nightrain, are the tickets printable pdf tickets or do you get put on a guestlist or how does it work?
    Also if anyone has any pre sale codes send them my way please :D

You get a code and just purchase through ticketmaster like normal l. Have choice of printable pdfs or hard copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

MadYaker wrote: »
    Asking for presale codes is a waste of time. Do you honestly think there'll be anyone on here who is a fully paid up member of the GnR fanclub and won't be using their code to buy tickets? :rolleyes:

Ah somebody may not make the Irish show so could send it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

how much are standard tickets does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah somebody may not make the Irish show so could send it on.

Or they might only use 2 of their allocated 4 tickets but I think you'd have more luck going to another GnR forum and trying to get a code from someone abroad who definitely won't be using it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

icanmunch wrote: »
    how much are standard tickets does anyone know?

96.35 incl booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

Kinda Fecked me back up a few years ago,slane is a disaster for me-Was banking on croker or aviva

Is/will there be a service to stay in dublin city that night and get a bus to slane and get another bus back to the city,if there was a bus leaving dublin city centre its be great,coming from cork myself so a long trip

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Well ****e anyway, could have just about persuaded myself to go to CP or the Avia for it but good Jesus Slane is a nightmare, at least Axl is behaving himself these days but the thought of going all the way to that hole and Axl having a tantrum is just too risky, **** that.......and those Prices for a field in the middle of nowhere?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Can't wait for this! Fingers crossed there's no issue getting a ticket on Friday.

Have seen Axl's version of GNR 4 times previously but getting to see Duff & Slash too will be amazing.

Hopefully there's some decent support acts too

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Kinda Fecked me back up a few years ago,slane is a disaster for me-Was banking on croker or aviva

Is/will there be a service to stay in dublin city that night and get a bus to slane and get another bus back to the city,if there was a bus leaving dublin city centre its be great,coming from cork myself so a long trip

Thanks

Only did it once many moons ago but it hasn't changed a bit by all accounts(in fact the year Oasis played sounded even worse), there are buses back to Dublin city afterwards (and Elsewhere) but you could be looking at 1 or 2 by the time you actually get out of the place let alone arrive in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dannyo666 wrote: »

Thanks
    Yeah think it goes from Parnell St (I think) there and back. And its free for all after the gig. Could be sitting on the bus for 3-4 hours before it moves after the gig if you're unlucky. And there doesn't seem to be the same amount of buses going back at night. People get stranded.
    Honestly, if you haven't been to Slane, I really can't understate how badly its organised. 
    My advice if your thinking of coming from Cork is to look at flights to Spain or something and go see them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

FWIW, I was at Foo Fighters last year, right up the front in the pit right till the end so would have been among the last out I reckon and getting to the Dublin Bus shuttles was effortless. Bit of a walk yes, but once at the queues we weren't waiting long to get on a bus and it started moving as soon as it filled up, no hanging about. Back in Dublin in good time with very little issues.

It was my only time in Slane and I can well believe it's been a disaster organisational wise in the past (AC/DC Punchestown comes to mind) but based on last year it seems they've got their sh!t together since and I wouldn't have any qualms revisiting. Obviously would prefer Croker or a Dublin venue for the handiness aspect but I'm personally delighted they're even making a stop here at all, negating the need to take time off work, and pay for flights and accommodation.

Couldn't agree more with that, if you have back trouble or any kind of health issues I'd recommend travelling to see them too, I've seen gigs all over the country and a good few around the world and Slane is hands down the worst organised I've ever come across, once they get your money they don't care, the whole thing is a shambles every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I reckon this will be a swansong for Slane as a venue. They will do everything to the minimum requirement.

I reckon this will be a swansong for Slane as a venue. They will do everything to the minimum requirement.

That's what I thought in 1998:D.......it will keep going as long as people put up with it which being Ireland means another couple of decades at least, there's no incentive to improve the experience if people will go anyway, why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

I got 2 tickets for London and 2 gold for Slane. I will probably only go to London and put the Slane tickets on toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That's what I thought in 1998:D.......it will keep going as long as people put up with it which being Ireland means another couple of decades at least, there's no incentive to improve the experience if people will go anyway, why bother?
    Yep. MCD will just threaten boards.ie or whoever and it'll all blow over. They haven't bothered improving their organisation one bit in 15 years. Not one bit. But they still sell out most of the Slane gigs.
    GnR are expensive too so can't see there being much cash left over for facilities like food, transport, stewards, security and toilets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Just got mine there.

Had to pay extra for the fan club but, least I have them I suppose

Ya friend of mine saw KOL there a few years ago, warned him beforehand about the place, he told me afterwards it was 45 mins queue for a beer and the beer tent was out of earshot of the gig itself, it's just comically inept.......Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Slane and Guns N Roses sounds like a potential recipe for disaster. Given Axel's habit for going on hours later than he's supposed to and the horrible access problems that Slane always has, you could see a lot of people being stranded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 A69

Guys, if anyone can shoot a presale code my way, it'd be so much appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Slane and Guns N Roses sounds like a potential recipe for disaster. Given Axel's habit for going on hours later than he's supposed to and the horrible access problems that Slane always has, you could see a lot of people being stranded.

He hasn't done that once on this tour. People need to get over it, that was years ago now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Golden circle standing tickets £150 for London :o

Plus 15 pounds booking fee :(

The prices for London are extortion

Advertisement