Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you "No Go" areas on boards?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Dublin City forum. Scumbags everywhere.
    Shannon757 wrote: »
    FYP
    I'm from Limerick
    What?

Think (really really hard now!!!) about the phrase "The Pot Calling The Kettle Black" .......... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Think (really really hard now!!!) about the phrase "The Pot Calling The Kettle Black" .......... :)

Ah, you're calling me a scumbag...fair enough.

Ah, you're calling me a scumbag...fair enough.

Well, you labelled an entire city as scumbags ......... I was just pointing out the irony of your stereotypical generalisation considering the fact that you're from Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Well, you labelled an entire city as scumbags ......... I was just pointing out the irony of your stereotypical generalisation considering the fact that you're from Limerick.

It was a joke. I'm not even from Limerick City

It was a joke. I'm not even from Limerick City

Haha :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

FortySeven wrote: »
    Try telling them dogs that bite should be put down. **** me, I got reamed outta there. :)

Yeah because constantly people go on there and say old wives tales like that and alpha dog, pack animal stuff when science, evidence and experience say the opposite. "me child grabbed me dog by the tail and swung him around da room and da dog bit him for no reason, he should be put down!!!."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

david75 wrote: »
    The gym and jogging forums. Avoid them all.

'I've never seen a jogger smiling. The minute I do I might go jogging.'

You will never see a jogger or gym bunny smiling. Avoid them and everything they talk about.

Jogging and the gym are not my thing, but be fair. If that's what they want to do let them at it. And why shouldn't they compare notes? Maybe they need interaction to avoid flagging.
    But most importantly they don't bother anyone else. Now, read back and say the number of threads, forums etc. that you can say that about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Yeah because constantly people go on there and say old wives tales like that and alpha dog, pack animal stuff when science, evidence and experience say the opposite. "me child grabbed me dog by the tail and swung him around da room and da dog bit him for no reason, he should be put down!!!."

Oh ffs! Who let the dogs out!

Is nowhere safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

A&PI... they can and do give solid advice, but it's often delivered in a god-awful condescending manner. Just peek at the odd thread that pops up on my newsfeed that asks a good question (when I'm in good humour) but for the most part, I avoid like the plague.

F&F... due to aftermentioned A&PI posters in a particular thread. A pity, due to good reviews but I wouldn't dare post in it again.

Cycling... have no interest in cycling but the few threads I looked at were fairly extreme for a trivial manner. No thanks, no need for that kind of posting. I posted in the motor forum about driving around horses and, for the most part, it was well received and constructive. Wouldn't go near the cycling forum with the same post.

Construction/Planning... posted a single thread in there. Got good advice for the most part. The bad posts were completely offputting and stank off clique-ness. The "you not having an indepth knowledge of the topic before posting (despite it being a discussion forum) gives me the right to post extremely unhelpful, condescending replies" type of posts.

Hunting... not my thing.

Any of the religion forums... for reasons stated repeatedly across the thread.

So basically, any forum that allows sneery, condesending posts. Ones that have a feel of "this is my forum, you can't post here, you don't know the non-specified, non-official rules".
    I also try to avoid (and largely fail to avoid) certain types of threads that make me lose faith in humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

The hunting room. Went on it once and posters had photos of dead foxes and other animals. Horrific :( I hadn't known that boards was allowed post photos of poor dead animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

The hunting room. Went on it once and posters had photos of dead foxes and other animals. Horrific I hadn't known that boards was allowed post photos of poor dead animals.

Well then you better stay well away from the Food & Drink forum.

Positively ghastly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Well then you better stay well away from the Food & Drink forum.

Positively ghastly!

Eh surprisingly I'd rather see a plate of someone's bangers&mash than an innocent slain fox cub :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

The hunting room. Went on it once and posters had photos of dead foxes and other animals. Horrific :( I hadn't known that boards was allowed post photos of poor dead animals.

What did you expect though? It's a hunting forum :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Small hint:

H.U.N.T.I.N.G

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

What did you expect though? It's a hunting forum :confused:

I actually wouldn't expect pictures of dead animals either. We must be naïve. I'll stay away from there so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

After Hours forum, quickest place to be banned so I've found.

After that the cycling forum, always good for a rant 🀓

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

pilly wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't expect pictures of dead animals either. We must be naïve. I'll stay away from there so. :)

Well I would expect pics, to show size of dog foxes and clean kills etc, I see no issue with it either. Different strokes for different folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Eh surprisingly I'd rather see a plate of someone's bangers&mash than an innocent slain fox cub :rolleyes:

Innocent?

What's that even mean in relation to an animal?

What do foxes eat do you reckon?

Was the pig that the sausages came from not innocent?

Or was he guilty of being tasty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fiskar wrote: »
    After Hours forum, quickest place to be banned so I've found.

After that the cycling forum, always good for a rant 🀓

How many times have you been banned?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Well I would expect pics, to show size of dog foxes and clean kills etc, I see no issue with it either. Different strokes for different folks.

Ah yes I agree, I don't have to go there now I know. :)

Advertisement