Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you "No Go" areas on boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭fits

Shannon757 wrote: »
    It's gone a lot quieter over there, but I never felt like people were being passive aggresive.

Are you kidding me? There was one particular poster there who would shoot people down all the time. Actually he wasnt passive sggresdive but outright aggressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

fits wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? There was one particular poster there who would shoot people down all the time. Actually he wasnt passive sggresdive but outright aggressive.

Well as you say it's "one particular poster" and not everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

mansize wrote: »
    Lately I find myself avoiding certain parts of boards as I fell they have a groupthink narrative and shout down anyone that disagrees or challenges them, or just use petty juvenile labels.

Is there no go areas for you on boards?

(Politics cafe and any immigration thread)

Dublin City forum. Scumbags everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

fits wrote: »

Ah sure, most are pilots, and most pilots are roaring alcoholic's if my 2 separate friends Dad's are anything to go by... :P

Dublin City forum. Scumbags everywhere.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

FYP

Shhh...

The junkies have boards accounts now.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

No mentioning of the Wedding forum? The bridezilla minefield? ANYONE??? :pac:

There is some good entertainment going on from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

LirW wrote: »
    No mentioning of the Wedding forum? The bridezilla minefield? ANYONE??? :pac:

There is some good entertainment going on from time to time.

Always always check the trending threads on the front page. If there's one there from weddings or pets follow that ****er, it's going to be funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

FYP

If you think Dublin is bad then don't ever go to Limerick!!!

MadDog76 wrote: »
    If you think Dublin is bad then don't ever go to Limerick!!!

I'm from Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

Always always check the trending threads on the front page. If there's one there from weddings or pets follow that ****er, it's going to be funny

That turned out to be excellent advice, was a pretty entertaining half hour out of hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I suppose what I am saying is you will have to work a bit on a forum to get accepted, it's not a right bestowed from above for everyone to be welcomed with open arms.

It's an Internet forum, not a masonic lodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

That turned out to be excellent advice, was a pretty entertaining half hour out of hats.

In terms of entertainment I think the wedding forum takes some beating. There are regular bonkers threads there.

There are lots of forums I don't ever visit but that's more lack of interest that actively avoiding them.

The only one I actively avoid is Animals and Pets. It's quite militant and god help anyone who might suggest anything remotely alternative.

Me too! Serious stuff. :)

I want to get married just so I can ask people to wear eyepatches or bring crutches in the invitations, just to see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Seriously, imagine the invites if only Wedding Forum boardsies could dictate the terms.

Wedding, come (don't feel obliged though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

One, infamous never-ending thread on C&T that had all the oxygen sucked out of it years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

In terms of entertainment I think the wedding forum takes some beating. There are regular bonkers threads there.

There are lots of forums I don't ever visit but that's more lack of interest that actively avoiding them.

The only one I actively avoid is Animals and Pets. It's quite militant and god help anyone who might suggest anything remotely alternative.

Try telling them dogs that bite should be put down. **** me, I got reamed outta there. :)

Fcuk me WM&CP is scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

mansize wrote: »
    Fcuk me WM&CP is scary

What are they? I must go look.

FortySeven wrote: »
    What are they? I must go look.

Weddings Marriages and (now defunct) Civil Parterships

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

There's something about Weddings fora that always have an excellent side-dish of total crazy to them. Some of the best internet sagas I've read have been around weddings, on boards and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Parenting can be a bit of a master class in glacially passive-aggressive SuperParenting at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Aw the wedding forum is absolutely great craic. Not for the mods though, I'd imagine :D

It can be like opposite land too.

I often find a lot boardsies hold extreme views and the normal people in the real world aren't like the ones inside my computer.

With the wedding forum it's the other way around, the people getting married in the real world seem to be complete nutjobs and the ones posting in the forum are relatively sane and are usually fairly shocked by the goings on of the betrothed . Mostly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Parenting can be a bit of a master class in glacially passive-aggressive SuperParenting at times.

Believe me, what you read here is a kids party in comparison to german parenting forums.

Banjoxed wrote: »
    One, infamous never-ending thread on C&T that had all the oxygen sucked out of it years ago.

What is C&T?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I'm considering treating After Hours a no go area after having personal insults galore thrown at me for simply having a not very controversial view.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What is C&T?

Commuting and transport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The individual club threads of the soccer forum are becoming no go areas. An awful lot of fans in them are completely and utterly delusional with very little sense of perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I'm from Limerick

I know!!! :P

• Advertisement

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I know!!! :P

What?

Advertisement