Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you "No Go" areas on boards?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

OSI wrote: »
    Let's be honest, most of the complaints in this thread boil down to "I posted a completely unoriginal opinion with the express intention of starting an argument and got rightly told to **** off"

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The only thing I actively avoid are threads where there's a couple of posters replying to each other's posts by quoting individual sentences. The other poster responds in the same fashion. It is like a time of death announcement as soon as you see the 6 million tiny quote boxes in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

jive wrote: »
    The only thing I actively avoid are threads where there's a couple of posters replying to each other's posts by quoting individual sentences. The other poster responds in the same fashion. It is like a time of death announcement as soon as you see the 6 million tiny quote boxes in the post.

Oh there's one poster in particular who is the death knell of threads for this posting style. A comment on each sentenced peppered with lavish passive aggressive pseudo intellectual jargon, I just can't read any of their posts anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well Motors, because I've a perma-ban from a Mod who banned me then closed his account almost immediately, Doesn't bother me because I've absolutely no interest in cars & high horses.

Other than that, I avoid the MMA forum. Despite training MMA for many years and being around the scene since its birth in Ireland the MMA forum is just a UFC fanboy group hug with a tiny bit of BAMMA talk but no fighters posting anymore, most of us have moved the discussion to FB.

Politics & legal forums, because I'm a dope.

My fav forums are Cycling, Motorcycles, Heath & Fitness and the forum I moderate 'Self Defence & Martial Arts'.

I don't care for most peoples opinions on most other forum on boards.ie so I don't get vexed but some threads I just will not enter, first on my list would be public services jobs threads, they're poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Oh there's one poster in particular who is the death knell of threads for this posting style.

Sorry is this aimed at me???? Keep your passive aggressiveness to yourself and stop backseat modding.
    A comment on each sentenced peppered with lavish passive aggressive pseudo intellectual jargon

OH look who is bringing up passive aggressiveness now.
    I just can't read any of their posts anymore.

Don't reply then, no point arguing with you.

[in my experience this is how every thread which reaches 20+ pages goes, boards should change to some snapchat type format where the threads just disappear after 24 hours]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Well Motors, because I've a perma-ban from a Mod who banned me then closed his account almost immediately, Doesn't bother me because I've absolutely no interest in cars & high horses.

Other than that, I avoid the MMA forum. Despite training MMA for many years and being around the scene since its birth in Ireland the MMA forum is just a UFC fanboy group hug with a tiny bit of BAMMA talk but no fighters posting anymore, most of us have moved the discussion to FB.

Politics & legal forums, because I'm a dope.

My fav forums are Cycling, Motorcycles, Heath & Fitness and the forum I moderate 'Self Defence & Martial Arts'.

I don't care for most peoples opinions on most other forum on boards.ie so I don't get vexed but some threads I just will not enter, first on my list would be public services jobs threads, they're poison.

I think that is a lovely post!

jive wrote: »
    Sorry is this aimed at me???? Keep your passive aggressiveness to yourself and stop backseat modding.

OH look who is bringing up passive aggressiveness now.

Don't reply then, no point arguing with you.

[in my experience this is how every thread which reaches 20+ pages goes, boards should change to some snapchat type format where the threads just disappear after 24 hours]

Ah Jive. Don't be taking it personally!

(Definitely not you, that post is far far too short to be the one I'm referring to!)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

The cycling forum isnt as "militant" as people make it out to be.

Mostly people who label it as such are ignorant, uneducated on the subject and trendy band wagon hopper on-ers that are agreaved for some reason.

Also, there is a huuuuuuge gap between the different "types" of cyclists.

Cyclists who use it as a sport or an invested hobby are far more capable and respectful of the road.

Then you have commuters, most of whom fit into the catagory above, same applies.

Then you have mammy and daddy cyclists who like to put their 15 kids on one bike and wobble to the school. Some of these fcukers need a slap.

The cycle couriers thinking they are in a computer game or are "stateside" indy, fixie legends but are really stupid dodgy fcukers.

Then you have some casual commuters who are fcuking idiots. These fcukers give all normal, law abiding cyclists a bad name. Breaking all the rules and fcuking sh1t up for everyone. These are also the type of person who is a general fcuktard on every mode of transport.

I actually find more car drivers to be far more militant than cyclists.

Of course ! :rolleyes:

railer201 wrote: »
    Of course ! :rolleyes:

I see a lot of your posts are "anti cyclist", therefore your ignorant comments and opinions are of no concern to me.

Good day to you.

*cycles off into the sunset*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

The cycling forum isnt as "militant" as people make it out to be.

Mostly people who label it as such are ignorant, uneducated on the subject and trendy band wagon hopper on-ers that are agreaved for some reason.

Also, there is a huuuuuuge gap between the different "types" of cyclists.

Cyclists who use it as a sport or an invested hobby are far more capable and respectful of the road.

Then you have commuters, most of whom fit into the catagory above, same applies.

Then you have mammy and daddy cyclists who like to put their 15 kids on one bike and wobble to the school. Some of these fcukers need a slap.

The cycle couriers thinking they are in a computer game or are "stateside" indy, fixie legends but are really stupid dodgy fcukers.

Then you have some casual commuters who are fcuking idiots. These fcukers give all normal, law abiding cyclists a bad name. Breaking all the rules and fcuking sh1t up for everyone. These are also the type of person who is a general fcuktard on every mode of transport.

I actually find more car drivers to be far more militant than cyclists.
    And we have it folks... a typical cyclist.... no need to head over to the cycling forum today... they've come to visit us here in AH... next I will annoy him by saying "it's not my fault that you can't afford a car"!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

I see a lot of your posts are "anti cyclist", therefore your ignorant comments and opinions are of no concern to me.

Good day to you.

It's not our fault that you can't afford a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Road tax.

Good day to you.

My posts are anti-ar$ehole cyclist - so in a sense you are correct. No problem there. ;)

And we have it folks... a typical cyclist.... no need to head over to the cycling forum today... they've come to visit us here in AH... next I will annoy him by saying "it's not my fault that you can't afford a car"!!!

I'm not a typical cyclist. Correct, I cycle sporadically a handfull of times a year. I'm just not an idiot with an axe to grind.....hows your axe doing?

I drive my car every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

By the way if any of you want to vent relatively free from infractions you should join the forum game section and take part in a game. We manage to insult the hell out of each other with no one getting Butt hurt.

My posts are anti-ar$ehole cyclist - so in a sense you are correct. No problem there. ;)

I am also "anti arsehole" cyclist. So I can agree with you there.

I am also "anti arsehole" motorist. Are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Road tax.

No such thing. It's called Motor Tax now.

It's not our fault that you can't afford a car!

I drive my car everyday.

I think you are so angry at cyclists because your butt is so hurt from the cycling forum.

Just as well you dont cycle, your ass couldnt handle it.

Now, stop making a fool out of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

murpho999 wrote: »

Yea and you need it to drive in the fast lanes (you don't see that you took someone's bait do you :P ).

I quite like the watch forum because I have a thing for a fine set of forearms :D The personal and relationship issues used to hold me rapt but now I avoid them. Please seek professional advice. Legal issues is brilliant I think. Some great threads over there along the lines of "I did a bad thing now how am I going to avoid the consequences".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

murpho999 wrote: »

I quite like the watch forum because I have a thing for a fine set of forearms :D The personal and relationship issues used to hold me rapt but now I avoid them. Please seek professional advice. Legal issues is brilliant I think. Some great threads over there along the lines of "I did a bad thing now how am I going to avoid the consequences".

If its entertainment youre after buy some popcorn and head to the Weddings forum. People get crazy over there!

Dispute resolution where the mods torture the poor souls who think theyd get a fair hearing is fun too.

I am also "anti arsehole" cyclist. So I can agree with you there.

I am also "anti arsehole" motorist. Are you?

Oh yea ??? - labelling others as ignorant is not a very good start, perhaps that's where you and I differ and I've no further wish to drag this thread off topic.

Have a good day. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I'm indefinitely barred from the cycling forum.
    Those Guy's are so so sensitive....

A bit of banter and they're off crying to the mods......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Oh there's one poster in particular who is the death knell of threads for this posting style. A comment on each sentenced peppered with lavish passive aggressive pseudo intellectual jargon, I just can't read any of their posts anymore.

So when you see one of their posts then its the end-of-the-read for you?

Oh yea ??? - labelling others as ignorant is not a very good start, perhaps that's where you and I differ and I've no further wish to drag this thread off topic.

Have a good day. :)

You do know what "ignorant" means dont you?

Are you "anti arsehole" motorist or not?

Ah shure, lets leave it at that. You have already proved my point.

Bu bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Dip in and out of the PI forum, bit ****ed off with it at the minute.

OP: 'I made a mistake and feel bad about it, how should I proceed?/ I have feelings towards a person or situation, I recognise these feelings to be a problem, what should I do'

Posts 2: 'I hope you realise what a horrible person you are and that these feelings are bad and wrong!'

Post 3: 'we only have one side of the story, his girlfriend is probably a raging bitch!'

Post 4: 'You should definitely break up. PS you're a horrible person and those feelings are bad and wrong'

Post 5, mod: 'Don't post to harangue and squabble, only post if you have constructive advice'

*Thread dies*

So I guess I do avoid some forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

And god help you if you criticise cyclists in the cycling thread...
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057671105/16
    Decuc500 wrote: »
    Shooting and hunting forums. Dangerous people getting their kicks talking about guns and the enjoyment they take in killing animals.
    MadDog76 wrote: »
    I avoid the Cycling Forum ......... cyclists, from my personal experience, tend to be tossers in real-life and even more so on Boards.

Fantastic display of absolute ignorance there ;) Good job!

Politics and religion threads I find quite boring/uninteresting. There's many threads I don't visit as there's just too many threads on Boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That forum drives me sometimes, there is rarely any legal discussion there, most threads are just people looking for free legal advice and 90% of the replies are 'what you did was wrong and you are a horrible person'. If I had my way every post would have to have a link to some legislation :D

Advertisement