Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Ryder Cup

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I was at the Ryder Cup in Kiawah Island. It was brilliant. I feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

My tickets came yesterday for practice day and day 1. Can't wait to go now. Been to 2 Irish opens so understand we'll see very little live golf but buzzing to experience the atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭golfer79

Announced today that Sergio has now entered the Portuguese Masters on the week prior to the Ryder Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Good decision by Bjorn to include Garcia, he mightn't play until singles if his form stays like that but his experience will make up his lack of form on the golf course!! Also great to see Poulter get a pick aswell!

Wallace may have Fitzpatrick and Willett to thank for his omission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

kopkidda wrote: »
    Good decision by Bjorn to include Garcia, he mightn't play until singles if his form stays like that but his experience will make up his lack of form on the golf course!! Also great to see Poulter get a pick aswell!

If that's the case then Garcia would've been better as a vice captain. I'm never a big fan of someone going into a Ryder Cup with no form to speak of, but, hope he tears it up on the course!

Great to see Poulter back in the mix, for sure. Poulter/McIlroy could be a tasty pairing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shuffles and finau going head to head for the final spot. Should be interesting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So if Schauffele goes on and wins the BMW does Furyk take him or Finau? I do think Schauffele has to win and even if he does I still reckon Finau will get the nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Good decision by Bjorn to include Garcia, he mightn't play until singles if his form stays like that but his experience will make up his lack of form on the golf course!!

Why not pick Tony Jacklin so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Garcia will in all probability play before the singles but if he doesn't it's a complete waste of a pick and he would have been better off being picked as a vice captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Harrington, McDowell, Donald, Westwood, Karlsson.....am I missing anyone? The one thing I can say with absolute conviction is that Team Europe were not in need of more vice captains. I know everything being overblown is part of the whole RC narrative but still, 6 vice skips would’ve been taking the mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Harrington, McDowell, Donald, Westwood, Karlsson.....am I missing anyone? The one thing I can say with absolute conviction is that Team Europe were not in need of more vice captains. I know everything being overblown is part of the whole RC narrative but still, 6 vice skips would’ve been taking the mick.

I agree with you on that but if Bjorn just wanted Garcia for his contribution in the team room then that was a way to do it rather than wasting a playing pick on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Pa8301 wrote: »
    I agree with you on that but if Bjorn just wanted Garcia for his contribution in the team room then that was a way to do it rather than wasting a playing pick on him.

I don’t know if they’d had a VC conversation previously, but given that Bjorn had very possibly assured Sergio of his place without having to prove his form late on, I think it’s reasonable to assume he will be called upon for a lot more than geeing up the troops in the team room.

NDWC wrote: »
    So if Schauffele goes on and wins the BMW does Furyk take him or Finau? I do think Schauffele has to win and even if he does I still reckon Finau will get the nod.

I wonder has a team captain in this scenario ever said to two players "One of you has the last place on the team, best placed finisher this weekend gets it".

Good way of testing who has got the bottle when the pressure is on.... something they may need for Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Schauffle said in an interview after yesterday’s round that even he would pick Finau regardless of if he was to win this weekend. Said he has had a far more consistent year and deserves it more

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Anyone have trouble using the website for tickets.

Trying to add a couple of kids on my ticket is a nightmare.
    Website does not compute that a 9 year old does not have a unique email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,343 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

An auld cryotherapy chamber for the Ryder Jug would be the business....

Rikand wrote: »
    An auld cryotherapy chamber for the Ryder Jug would be the business....

Some marketing potential there for a Cryotherapy chamber company to have 12 of them at the course each with a player's name on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

It's a pity he didn't pick McGinley and Monty as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Who subs in if Casey cant make it?

GreeBo wrote: »
    Who subs in if Casey cant make it?

I'm guessing Casey's back will be just fine tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

HighLine wrote: »
    I'm guessing Casey's back will be just fine tomorrow.

wow, that cryotherapy seems really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

No surprise but Finau is the last pick of the American team.

Well deserved after a very consistent season

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I don't get why they wait to make the last pick like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble using the website for tickets.

Trying to add a couple of kids on my ticket is a nightmare.
    Website does not compute that a 9 year old does not have a unique email address.

if you're using a gmail email address, just put a . anywhere in it. identifies as a unique address, but all mail is still received.

so "mickmurphy @" would receive mail if you put in mick.murphy or m.ickmurphy etc.

very handy for knowing where spam comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Seve OB wrote: »

Its awful, Finau will always feel like the chubby kid at school thats the last one picked for football. What was wrong with them picking all 4 yesterday. Its a bit like when they list and introduce their team in order of qualification instead of Alphabetically as Europe do.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

alexlyons wrote: »
    if you're using a gmail email address, just put a . anywhere in it. identifies as a unique address, but all mail is still received.

so "mickmurphy @" would receive mail if you put in mick.murphy or m.ickmurphy etc.

very handy for knowing where spam comes from.

Thanks Im sorted with my tickets.
    I was able to get them as long as I gave a unique email address to my 9 year old.
    whenever he actually gets an email address he will have alot of Ryder Cup spam..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭f@steddie

Seve OB wrote: »

Because in 2014 they picked the team a couple of weeks before the Ryder cup. Billy Horschel then finished 2nd, 1st, 1st but wasn't on the team. They wanted to avoid that happening again by leaving one pick as late as possible.

If the player wasn't in great form it could affect them but as Finau is playing great stuff I don't see it being a problem for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This is by far the best US team I’ve ever seen, the depth is unreal, I can see all players getting out every day without any weak pairing

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement