Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

SadieG wrote: »
    Ladies just a little question for anyone else doing domino midwife/GP combined care...

Any appointment that I've had with my GP so far has been with the nurse in my GP surgery (who happens to be a midwife) rather than my actual GP. I've no complaints about the treatment received but it means I haven't actually seen a doctor the entire pregnancy. Should I insist next time or am I being silly?

My next appointment will be the first since my big scan where I was told about low placenta so feel like it might be nice to discuss this with a doctor? Maybe the midwife will know more about this than my GP anyway?

On my first my GP visits were with a midwife in the practice and when she was on holidays I saw the GP instead- I found the midwife much more knowledgeable than the GPs! I did see a doctor at my hospital visits though.

Have they booked you for another scan to check the placenta later on?

Just bumping up our dates again so I can picture who is where!- newer ladies feel free to add your dates in!

Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th
    Thumpette_ Holles St EDD 23rd June

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

No not yet, going to ask my midwife at 28 week appointment if haven't heard anything by then. They said they wud prob scan again at around 34 weeks.

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Just bumping up our dates again so I can picture who is where!- newer ladies feel free to add your dates in!

Clashmore- Waterford Regional Hospital 12th June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Jlm29 16th June (ish!), stgh

• Advertisement

I haven't had the flu vaccine. Has everyone else had it? I don't know what's brought it into my head now!

I had it at 16 weeks as GP recommended it at my check up. Plus I work in Healthcare area so it is recommended anyways.

Ladies- apologies if someone has asked this already does anyone know anything about the uberchild travel systems? They look such good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

I'm due 24th June Sydney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I've had the flu vaccine too- will be getting the whooping cough one too at some stage (they recommended 32 weeks + so that immunity will be high when he's born)

I'm 23+2 today, had a scan on Weds and baby yawned in it- I almost cried with how adorable it was. Getting lots of movement but I'm a total basket case when he's quiet for an hour- poor little guy is going to spend the next 14 or 15 weeks getting poked to wake up!

In for another anomaly scan on Thursday week- my first one was 19+5 and they just said with my history it was a bit early to see everything so they are going to have another look at the heart.

All feeling so real and so within reach at the moment- just have to keep taking it day by day and kick by kick!

Oh also I've developed pelvic girdle pain- has anyone had it? I've been in bits with it- had to work from home all week and went into hospital to make sure that's all it was. Went to a physio on Friday and she gave me some excercises- hopefully can get it under control a bit.

• Advertisement

Thumpette wrote: »
    I've had the flu vaccine too- will be getting the whooping cough one too at some stage (they recommended 32 weeks + so that immunity will be high when he's born)

I'm 23+2 today, had a scan on Weds and baby yawned in it- I almost cried with how adorable it was. Getting lots of movement but I'm a total basket case when he's quiet for an hour- poor little guy is going to spend the next 14 or 15 weeks getting poked to wake up!

In for another anomaly scan on Thursday week- my first one was 19+5 and they just said with my history it was a bit early to see everything so they are going to have another look at the heart.

All feeling so real and so within reach at the moment- just have to keep taking it day by day and kick by kick!

Oh also I've developed pelvic girdle pain- has anyone had it? I've been in bits with it- had to work from home all week and went into hospital to make sure that's all it was. Went to a physio on Friday and she gave me some excercises- hopefully can get it under control a bit.

I didn't have the flu vac, because I didn't realise I was pregnant until I was a bit further along than most people, I have a hospital appointment next week, I'll ask about it then.

I had some pgp on my last pregnancy, especially towards the end, it presented itself as a shooting pain in my left bum cheek. I had a touch of it a few weeks ago, and was dreading it getting worse, but I've had the week off work and no sign of it all week. Hopefully it won't get much worse. I'm very conscious that my pregnancies have been quite close together, and with breastfeeding etc, my body might not quite have recovered. I was also a few pounds heavier at the start of this pregnancy than the last, so those things might all take a toll.
    I used go to a pregnancy Pilates class which I found great, but the times of it don't suit at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

On my first my GP visits were with a midwife in the practice and when she was on holidays I saw the GP instead- I found the midwife much more knowledgeable than the GPs! I did see a doctor at my hospital visits though.

Have they booked you for another scan to check the placenta later on?

Yea I'm booked in for a scan at 34 weeks to see if it has moved so fingers crossed! You're probably right about the midwife's being more knowledgeable, I'm sure i'm worrying over nothing!

Also my sister had a baby a few weeks ago and got the uberchild system, she said it was doing the job, only complaint was that the material was a bit cheap feeling compared to some of the others!

I haven't had any vaccines, had a really bad reaction to flu jab in the past so kinda scared to get it again and nobody has brought it up, fingers crossed we've got through the worst of flu season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Ladies- apologies if someone has asked this already does anyone know anything about the uberchild travel systems? They look such good value!

We're also looking at one of these they seem quite good value for money but don't know if it's too good to be true. Also harder when they don't have a show room or in stores so will be buying off their website. Thinking about getting the so called higher end buggy which is about €500 all in.

Also my sister had a baby a few weeks ago and got the uberchild system, she said it was doing the job, only complaint was that the material was a bit cheap feeling compared to some of the others!

Thanks for the feedback Sadie!

RCK- I think I might go for it, does say 30 day money back guarantee will let you know what I think! We went for a look in real shops at other ones yesterday and I just didn't like the other cheaper ones I had been considering.
    The most important part for me is the isofix as I was tormented putting DS car seat in and out with the seatbelt all the time!!

Had my 24 week check in the Rotunda today, my blood pressure still borderline- need to get it checked again next week :eek:

RCK- I think I might go for it, does say 30 day money back guarantee will let you know what I think! We went for a look in real shops at other ones yesterday and I just didn't like the other cheaper ones I had been considering.
    The most important part for me is the isofix as I was tormented putting DS car seat in and out with the seatbelt all the time!!

Please do if you don't mind we were thinking about getting it mid-late April as they deliver in 3 working days or so once they're in stock! I've seen other people in shopping centres and places like that with them and they seem to be quite nice and sturdy.

Thanks for the feedback Sadie!

Had my 24 week check in the Rotunda today, my blood pressure still borderline- need to get it checked again next week :eek:

High Blood Pressure BriarPatch?, I have low blood pressure and was told to take it easy, not stand up to quickly and be careful getting out of bed as fainting can be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

Briarpatch!
    Just jumping in here from the July group! Out of a matter of interest, what have they said your boarder line high blood pressure is?

Clashmore wrote: »
    High Blood Pressure BriarPatch?, I have low blood pressure and was told to take it easy, not stand up to quickly and be careful getting out of bed as fainting can be an issue

Yes high sorry should have wrote that, she didn't give me any tips like that so I don't know how to avoid it! Should have asked!

Briarpatch!
    Just jumping in here from the July group! Out of a matter of interest, what have they said your boarder line high blood pressure is?

Ah I looked at the chart and I've completely forgotten what it's said, I know at 16 weeks it was 147/75 and she considered that high, I want to say it was 138 over 70 something yesterday but I can't guarantee that! Are you having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

How's everyone getting on? Going paint shopping tonight for the nursery and so excited to get started putting her little room together.

*By get started I mean watching my hubby do it from a comfortable chair :)

• Advertisement

How's everyone getting on? Going paint shopping tonight for the nursery and so excited to get started putting her little room together.

*By get started I mean watching my hubby do it from a comfortable chair :)

Lovely What colour are you thinking of doing it? I love my nursery room, I'm generally crap at decorating or anything practical but I love that room!

Lovely What colour are you thinking of doing it? I love my nursery room, I'm generally crap at decorating or anything practical but I love that room!

You girls are very organised! I think my last baby was 8 mo when I got around to painting his room! Our spare room is a total wreck now though (needs plastering, new floors, everything!), so I want to start tipping away at it!

jlm29 wrote: »
    You girls are very organised! I think my last baby was 8 mo when I got around to painting his room! Our spare room is a total wreck now though (needs plastering, new floors, everything!), so I want to start tipping away at it!

Oh this is my second so I'm not that organised he'll be going into the room I already have ready!!

We've moved back in with my parents we'll be building our house hopefully start in the next few months so had planned to move home for a bit anyway... 2017 was supposed to be building Year and 2018 was starting a family year but we're doing both in the same year!!!

We're heading to IKEA at the weekend to get a few bits and bobs and hopefully pick up some bits at the baby fair in Dublin in a few weeks time.

28 weeks tomorrow can't believe how quick it's going 10 weeks left in work :O

RCK1406 wrote: »
    We've moved back in with my parents we'll be building our house hopefully start in the next few months so had planned to move home for a bit anyway... 2017 was supposed to be building Year and 2018 was starting a family year but we're doing both in the same year!!!

We're heading to IKEA at the weekend to get a few bits and bobs and hopefully pick up some bits at the baby fair in Dublin in a few weeks time.

28 weeks tomorrow can't believe how quick it's going 10 weeks left in work :O

I actually got my cot in ikea! It was so reasonable and it worked out great-have it stored away for this one!

I actually got my cot in ikea! It was so reasonable and it worked out great-have it stored away for this one!

I love Ikea! I have two cotbeds, both in use (one here, and one in my parents house), so I'm not buying another! I think I'll go to Ikea, either for a cheap cot for the baby, when they grow out of the co-sleeper, or else for a toddler bed for the middle guy, so I can swipe his cots for the baba!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 marylennon86

I'm due June 7th ☺️ And going to st Luke's. Wondering if anyone else is going here and how many scans u have had already or are due to have??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 marylennon86

RCK1406 wrote: »
    We're also looking at one of these they seem quite good value for money but don't know if it's too good to be true. Also harder when they don't have a show room or in stores so will be buying off their website. Thinking about getting the so called higher end buggy which is about €500 all in.

That buggy is currently out of stock and preorder dates are 15th-30th of June. Had my heart set on that system but will be too late for me as I'm due June 7th :(

That buggy is currently out of stock and preorder dates are 15th-30th of June. Had my heart set on that system but will be too late for me as I'm due June 7th :(

I've literally just seen the thread and checked their website and saw the dates! I've emailed them to see if there's any chance the stock will be in before then. I've my heart set on the buggy was going to order it at the end of this month as the last time I checked they were in stock!!

I'm due June 1st so prob no hope getting it before she's here.

Don't know what to do now apart from get another travel system for much more money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

If you have a car seat you probably won't use the buggy for the first week or so after the baby gets here. Between 3-5 days in hospital, settling in time at home, establishing feeding etc

Advertisement