Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Congrats on the good scan Thumpette did ye find out the sex?
    This week is dragging!

We did, 2 weeks ago actually. Haven't really gone public yet but it's great to know. Makes it feel all the more real and possible xx

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Great to her you are doing well Thumpette. I was on the January 2015 board with you. We all think of u and Max regularly.

Had our Anomaly scan yesterday and they said the placenta was near the baby's head and wud prob need another scan at 34 weeks to check the position of the placenta again. Anyone had this and did the placenta move itself.

Clashmore

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Just had anomaly scan today.

Clashmore not quite the same but i was told I had low lying placenta and booked in for another scan at 34 weeks. She didn't say much more so I'll speak to GP to find out more but a friend had to have c section for the same reason so I guess I'll have to wait and see!

Other than that all looked good and she was pretty sure we're having a girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Another girl! Congrats Sadie g!

Is anyone leaving it for a surprise?

Very anxious about my scan on Monday Nov reason to be worried I'm just the worrying type i can relax once i know allnlooks good and dying to find out the sex but would be very surprised if it's a girl!

Thanks briar patch! To be honest I was so surprised too, was sure it was a boy. Still not sure I'm convinced it's a girl, it hasn't sunk in yet!

Best of luck Monday, it's such a relief every time you get a check and all is good isn't it.

• Advertisement

Clashmore wrote: »
    Great to her you are doing well Thumpette. I was on the January 2015 board with you. We all think of u and Max regularly.

Had our Anomaly scan yesterday and they said the placenta was near the baby's head and wud prob need another scan at 34 weeks to check the position of the placenta again. Anyone had this and did the placenta move itself.

Clashmore

Thanks so much- everyone on that group has been so lovely- send them all my love if you're on the FB page.

In regards to the placenta- my sisters was blocking her cervix until 34 weeks and then moved out of the way- so can deffo happen.

Without wanting to scare monger- one thing to check for with low placenta is vasa previa, it's where vessels stretch over the cervix. It can be detected with a colour Doppler and might need a transvaginal scan. All it would mean in the unlikely event that you have it is a section, but undetected it's catastrophic.

Unfortunately they don't check for it as standard. Deffo worth demanding they check xx

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Thanks for the info Thumpette, will ask the midwife at my next appointment, hoping placenta moves by itself.

I am in FB group will tell them all u said hello

Had my big scan today and everything looked healthy and normal. So relieved now!

We also found out we're having another little boy! First boy of this group so far I think!!

Ah congrats Briarpatch! Such a relief to have the scan and great to have a little boy in the group!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Congrats Briarpatch. It'll be plain sailing from here hopefully

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies, I feel like now I need to book some weekends away or things to look forward to as I have absolutely nothing planned for the next few months and June seems like such a long time away!

Congrats Briarpatch!

I think I'm safe now to say as well that we're having another little boy too.

Was convinced it was a girl and didn't mind either way but I must say I'm so happy that Max is going to have a little brother and to hopefully be given the opportunity to bring up a little boy 💙💙

Aw great news Thumpette I'm delighted we have another boy in the group!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Thanks ladies, I feel like now I need to book some weekends away or things to look forward to as I have absolutely nothing planned for the next few months and June seems like such a long time away!

I'm being brought away by himself this weekend and we have a weekend booked away for the May bank holiday, I'll be into the last month by then so I hope I'm not too uncomfortable or anything! It'll be the last time away just the two of us, all going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Hey girls, can I join in? I'm due sometime in June, dates are a bit vague, but somewhere in the middle of the month! This is my third, we already have two little boys!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Hey girls, can I join in? I'm due sometime in June, dates are a bit vague, but somewhere in the middle of the month! This is my third, we already have two little boys!

Welcome jlm! Which hospital are you attending?

RCK that sounds lovely, my mam has offered to take my son for a weekend at some point before baby arrives so will need to make the most of it, can't imagine there'll be many offers to take 2 for a weekend for a long time!

Just Bumping up our little list- think I got the most up to date version
    Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 30th May
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    Thumpette_ Holles St EDD 16th June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June

Just Bumping up our little list- think I got the most up to date version
    Thumpette_ Holles St EDD 16th June

Heya, my due date is actually 23rd. Might have said earlier cos I'll be induced before that. X

Welcome jlm! Which hospital are you attending?

RCK that sounds lovely, my mam has offered to take my son for a weekend at some point before baby arrives so will need to make the most of it, can't imagine there'll be many offers to take 2 for a weekend for a long time!

I'm in tipp, so having the baby there!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Thumpette_ Holles St EDD 23rd June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th June

Added myself in there! :)

• Advertisement

Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May
    Thumpette_ Holles St EDD 23rd June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th

Updating mine by a day.

What are everyone's plans RE maternity leave? My consultant suggested I'd be mad to consider working past 37 weeks and highly recommended 36 weeks being the cutoff. Being a newbie to this I'm not sure whether it'd be better to be home or work for as long as possible.

Does your consultant think there are signs you will have baby earlier?
    I was planning on working till 38
    Last time I had to finish work on a Friday so I was 37+3 when I finished and then I was induced at 10 days over and that was the longest time ever waiting at home for him to arrive! !
    I know lots of people who officially start maternity at 38 weeks and then get signed off sick if they feel they can't work when it comes to 36/37 weeks !

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

I'm planning on working up to 38weeks, I'll be 38+1 on the 19th May when I'm due to finish all going well.

Keeping all my annual leave from work until the end of the year so that I can get Christmas off and start back in the New Year.

The plan is to go until June 2nd when I'll be 38+4, I work at a desk with an easy enough commute and can work from home if I really need to so I'm hoping I'll be okay.

Also all the babies born in my family tend to be around 10 days overdue so I'm assuming i'll follow the same pattern and don't want to waste loads of leave before the babies arrival!

It's easy to say all this now though, you'll probably see me in May telling you all that I'm cashing in all my annual leave to finish at 34 weeks !!! :)

I thought two weeks of your maternity leave had to be taken before 40 weeks? My manager recorded me finish date as 38 weeks due to this.

No signs of early labour or any complications. It may just be the nature of my job. It's quite active, I'm on my feet a lot, days can be long and it could be considered an environment with a risk of injury so maybe she was playing it safe. I think I'll just play it by ear. I don't plan on returning to work before next March either way.

anndub wrote: »
    I thought two weeks of your maternity leave had to be taken before 40 weeks? My manager recorded me finish date as 38 weeks due to this.

No signs of early labour or any complications. It may just be the nature of my job. It's quite active, I'm on my feet a lot, days can be long and it could be considered an environment with a risk of injury so maybe she was playing it safe. I think I'll just play it by ear. I don't plan on returning to work before next March either way.

It used be that you went off at two weeks before your due date. It's changed a bit now, so you go off two weeks before the end of the week you are due. So if you're due on a Monday, you go off two weeks before the following Friday. But if you're due on a fri, you go off two weeks before that, if that makes any sense!

jlm29 wrote: »
    It used be that you went off at two weeks before your due date. It's changed a bit now, so you go off two weeks before the end of the week you are due. So if you're due on a Monday, you go off two weeks before the following Friday. But if you're due on a fri, you go off two weeks before that, if that makes any sense!

Ah, I see. Great to see my manager is as up to date with maternity law as me!

anndub wrote: »
    Ah, I see. Great to see my manager is as up to date with maternity law as me!

Lol, it must have changed very recently, I'm only a few months back off mat leave! Or else I just didn't notice last time! My due date is currently a Friday, so I'll probably put my date down as the following Monday to buy some extra time!

Yea I think they just changed the wording slightly on the new form released which specifies the "end of the week" part. My due date is a Monday so really only off the week before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Guys can I join in too?

I'm due end of June....Sometime.

I'm having twins, so it's all a bit mad!

Originally due start of July but they say they'll bring me in at 37 weeks. Nothing has been confirmed yet though.

I'm not getting my big scan until 22 weeks, which is a couple weeks away still. Maybe they'll confirm more around then?

No idea of the sex of twins yet.......but I think I'll find out!

Advertisement