Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

cbyrd wrote: »
    This is great , I had a look at this, I'm due end of May but baby is still head up. He'll likely be a June baby as they've said they'll allow me go 2 weeks over (I've gone late with all my others) Not a problem for a few weeks but I'm not taking any chances :)

I know I did some of them last time, and the baby turned, but it could have been just a coincidence really! I drew the line at the one that involves balancing the legs of the ironing board on the couch and lying on it head down. I didn't feel either the ironing board, or myself were up to the challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maaa

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my feet and hands are swelling is it very early for that to start happening ?? my hands were a little bit all along but only noticed my feet today put on my runners and there wasnt much lace to tie !!!!
    the diabetes is a pain, im actually loving the diet iv lost weight but i just cant get the readings right.. im back in the hospital next week hopefully i wont be injecting myself :( and just to top it all off im suffering from hemorrhoids tmi I know but im just feeling miserable/sorry for myself today..
    hows everyone else doing ???

maaa wrote: »
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my feet and hands are swelling is it very early for that to start happening ?? my hands were a little bit all along but only noticed my feet today put on my runners and there wasnt much lace to tie !!!!
    the diabetes is a pain, im actually loving the diet iv lost weight but i just cant get the readings right.. im back in the hospital next week hopefully i wont be injecting myself :( and just to top it all off im suffering from hemorrhoids tmi I know but im just feeling miserable/sorry for myself today..
    hows everyone else doing ???

If you're worried about the swelling, or if it's very significant, I'd ring the hospital to ask their advice, or else head to the gp to have your bp etc checked.
    I'm bloody wrecked. I spend a fair bit of most days at work looking at the calendar and counting how many weeks I have left at work! I feel under more pressure than I did at this stage of my other two pregnancies (obviously because I have two children to look after!!!). i keep thinking they must have mixed up my dates, and I'm actually due in May!

jlm29 wrote: »
    If you're worried about the swelling, or if it's very significant, I'd ring the hospital to ask their advice, or else head to the gp to have your bp etc checked.
    I'm bloody wrecked. I spend a fair bit of most days at work looking at the calendar and counting how many weeks I have left at work! I feel under more pressure than I did at this stage of my other two pregnancies (obviously because I have two children to look after!!!). i keep thinking they must have mixed up my dates, and I'm actually due in May!

Or April

Had a scan today. They said baby has a big head. Ignorance really is bliss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

jlm29 wrote:
    Had a scan today. They said baby has a big head. Ignorance really is bliss!

:D

I think I need to go shopping for new clothes. It's my third pregnancy, but I don't think the clothes I have will get me through another 10 weeks! I seem to have very little, considering!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

Hi all, 31 weeks now and starting to flag. I had pregnancy Pilates yesterday evening, was so tired out I had to go to bed at 9:30, and today I can hardly lift my legs (not sore, just tired!). I really felt the extra weight when trying to do the Pilates - it was hard to get up off the mat and I felt a bit like a tortoise on its back at times!

Baby is still breech, am considering the viability of the Spinning Babies exercises, as I don't think I'd be able to get out of them if I tried them by myself (they involve being upside down in various configurations, usually with the assistance of the couch), and my husband is often out in the evenings!

kyomi wrote: »
    Hi all, 31 weeks now and starting to flag. I had pregnancy Pilates yesterday evening, was so tired out I had to go to bed at 9:30, and today I can hardly lift my legs (not sore, just tired!). I really felt the extra weight when trying to do the Pilates - it was hard to get up off the mat and I felt a bit like a tortoise on its back at times!

Baby is still breech, am considering the viability of the Spinning Babies exercises, as I don't think I'd be able to get out of them if I tried them by myself (they involve being upside down in various configurations, usually with the assistance of the couch), and my husband is often out in the evenings!
    Haha, baby has plenty time to turn, according to my consultant! I managed the spinning babies exercises last time without too much trouble. I think there's one that has you lie on a slope with your legs upwards. I managed that one with a selection of pillows and my feet on a cupboard!
    I too am starting to fade. I am just wrecked. I'm 31 weeks this Friday, although the dates I've given at work have me at 30 weeks. I'm not working too much the next couple of weeks, I'm telling myself it will be acceptable to stop work at 36 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

I think I need to go shopping for new clothes. It's my third pregnancy, but I don't think the clothes I have will get me through another 10 weeks! I seem to have very little, considering!

I feel like this! I don't know what I managed to wear last time as I have hardly anything that fits me now never mind in 10 weeks time.
    Strangers keep asking when the baby is due and in embarrassed to say June! !!

• Advertisement

BriarPatch wrote: »
    I feel like this! I don't know what I managed to wear last time as I have hardly anything that fits me now never mind in 10 weeks time.
    Strangers keep asking when the baby is due and in embarrassed to say June! !!

I told my mother last night that my bump is much bigger this time, and she said "I don't think so really, I think you just had extra weight on from last time". She's lucky to still have all her teeth.

I told my mother last night that my bump is much bigger this time, and she said "I don't think so really, I think you just had extra weight on from last time". She's lucky to still have all her teeth.

Haha I could see my mother passing a remark like that but luckily she hasn't yet..

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Haha I could see my mother passing a remark like that but luckily she hasn't yet..

Mine is lethal. Its true like, but there's no need to be so quick to point it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dw2016

hi everyone, just looking at travel systems anybody know anything about the uberchild ultimo travel system? thanks everybody

Girls, can someone clarify re the maternity benefit form. I didn't get mine signed by my doctor, because it says not to. But then HR sent it back to get it signed by my doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Girls, can someone clarify re the maternity benefit form. I didn't get mine signed by my doctor, because it says not to. But then HR sent it back to get it signed by my doctor.

I've only just sent mine off to HR but my read on it was the same as yours! There's three sections on the form, you fill the MB1, HR fill the MB2 and the doctor fills the MB3 but only if you're self employed or unemployed.

I think the process changed recently from talking to other people so maybe HR are just used to the old process?

SadieG wrote: »
    I've only just sent mine off to HR but my read on it was the same as yours! There's three sections on the form, you fill the MB1, HR fill the MB2 and the doctor fills the MB3 but only if you're self employed or unemployed.

I think the process changed recently from talking to other people so maybe HR are just used to the old process?

It did change recently alright, I'm not long back of mat leave and it's slightly different. I'll ring them later and put them straight!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

U only need to get it signed by a doctor if you are self employed or unemployed. It's a seperate section. I only sent HR the page for the employer to sign and had it back within a few days

dw2016 wrote: »
    hi everyone, just looking at travel systems anybody know anything about the uberchild ultimo travel system? thanks everybody

I got the evo system but I'm afraid to say it's still sitting in the box in the kithen as I haven't got around to putting it together yet!

Clashmore wrote: »
    U only need to get it signed by a doctor if you are self employed or unemployed. It's a seperate section. I only sent HR the page for the employer to sign and had it back within a few days

Yes, I thought so, but it came straight back from HR with a note to get my doc to sign. I rang maternity benefit just to triple check. The person who read my form was obviously confused by the old form!

• Advertisement

Yep its definitely a new form the old form also had a part for employers to fill in about PRSI contributions and I don't see that on the new form either!

Has anyone's partner applied for the paternity benefit yet and if so did they have to also get one of the new social services cards?

Anyone else's thighs burning, feels like I've spent the day doing squats. Don't remember this from my last pregnancy?

Clashmore

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

Damn, I did the same - was advised by whoever dealt with the form in HR that I had to send MB3 to the GP, so I did, and now I'll have to drop the form in personally on Monday because it's the closing date - if I'd known the MB3 part was only for self-employed people I could have posted the form last week in plenty of time! Can't believe the start of my leave is only six weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Has anyone been told they have lower than normal average of amniotic fluid?

Was back for a quick repeat 3D scan yesterday, baby is still breach but sonographer measured the fluid and said it was low, Im apparently 10.8 and anything below 10 is something to be worried about. I'm with the midwife tomorrow for my routine 32 week check up so will know more then just wondering if anyone has gone through or been told the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Has anyone been told they have lower than normal average of amniotic fluid?

Was back for a quick repeat 3D scan yesterday, baby is still breach but sonographer measured the fluid and said it was low, Im apparently 10.8 and anything below 10 is something to be worried about. I'm with the midwife tomorrow for my routine 32 week check up so will know more then just wondering if anyone has gone through or been told the same thing?

I've no experience with this but just sending best wishes that everything looks good today. Don't be afraid to question it until you're comfortable with an answer xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi All,

Hope ye are all doing good! I'm 29+3 now, was doing great up until 28 weeks and then anxiety over movement has really gotten me. Been in hospital twice in the past few days worrying, including an overnight stay. They are happy that all looks good with the baby but my heart rate went to 150 and stayed there for hours so they are a bit worried about that! So grateful that this little guy is generally so active. I'm certified off work this week to try to get to know his pattern more and hopefully calm the anxiety.

Getting induced/ sectioned between 37 and hopefully 38 weeks so hopefully around 8 weeks to go. Xx

Hope everything works out for you Thumpette, must be very difficult not to worry in ur situation. Fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Thumpette wrote: »
    I've no experience with this but just sending best wishes that everything looks good today. Don't be afraid to question it until you're comfortable with an answer xxx

Thank you - it was only with the midwife in my local clinic this morning.I'm doing the domino scheme so wasn't in the hospital.

But I'm booked in for a scan on Thursday in Holles Street so will know more then I suppose. They will check the fluid levels and from what I've been told this morning it could be weekly scans and monitoring to ensure the levels don't drop any further. I have a feeling I could be brought in early to have her so she could be a May baby instead.

I've to try not to worry now over the next few days is the main thing.

Hope you're doing OK too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Does anyone know if the maternity form has to be an original sent in? My HR director is based in London and she just scanned the form over to me and is now on holidays for a week. I'd like to get it sent off asap but worried it will just bounce back to me if it's not an original.

• Advertisement

You can actually apply online and attach the scanned copy! That's how I did mine!

Advertisement