Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

anndub wrote: »
    Just back to work after our anatomy scan and very pleased to see everything was perfect with the baby. I was really nervous going in due to having a miscarriage in July but feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

We also found out it's a baby girl.

Awwww congratulations!! I've my scan on Thursday I can't wait to see the baby again!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

It was lovely, enjoy every second!
    Baby wasn't happy with the pressure of the ultrasound wand and tried to push it off a few times, especially when looking at the heart as she was pushing down a bit. I got three or four solid warning kicks!

It was lovely, enjoy every second!
    Baby wasn't happy with the pressure of the ultrasound wand and tried to push it off a few times, especially when looking at the heart as she was pushing down a bit. I got three or four solid warning kicks!

Amazing to see I'd say!

I'm super excited now can't wait for it, hopefully find out what we're having too!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Ah delighted to hear that anndub, I bet it makes it all the more real now.

Counting down the days to ours now, I really can't wait!!

I've been such a nervous wreck after July miscarriage too. I genuinely nearly went into the emergency department on Saturday night because my legs were going blue. Luckily I decided to sleep on it as it washed off in the shower the next morning...dye from new maternity jeans ... doh!! That would have been one seriously embarrassing visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

Ba ha ha ha! Sadie G that's hillarious!!!!

• Advertisement

I know I'm such an eejit! Was convinced it was all sorts of googled diseases!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Congrats Ann!

I can't wait to find out the gender!

Sadie g that is too funny!

We found out we're having a little girl!!

So amazing seeing her again and see her wriggle around! Everything is going great :)

Congrats RCK1406! It makes it all the more real, doesn't it? Glad to hear everything is looking good

RCK1406 wrote: »
    We found out we're having a little girl!!

So amazing seeing her again and see her wriggle around! Everything is going great :)

Congrats!
    Am I right in saying only girls so far? Or does anyone know they are having a boy?!

• Advertisement

Congrats RCK1406! It makes it all the more real, doesn't it? Glad to hear everything is looking good

It's crazy real just over 4 calendar months left!!

Picked up a few bits this afternoon after the scan Aldi had a good sale on some baby stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Went for my 21-week scan today. All the anatomy was fine but the sonographer said the baby was measuring small - between 19 and 20 weeks - and the femur is particularly small, below the 5th percentile. I had good results on the Harmony test so she said she wouldn't be particularly concerned, but she said they would probably want to see me for another scan in 2 weeks to check the growth rate. She went out to check with the consultant and then came back in and said the consultant would see me herself in 2 weeks. I'm trying not to worry too much as the chances are it's just a small baby, and the other measurements were within the expected range although on the small side. She also checked the blood flow between the placenta and the baby and said it was fine.

I'm definitely starting to get a proper bump now, my colleagues keep pointing it out and a total stranger in a restaurant mentioned it to me the other night! I've invested in an "extra button" set for trousers (Mothercare) and a set of bra extenders (Amazon) which have made a huge difference to my comfort levels!

Azabujuban wrote: »

I'm definitely starting to get a proper bump now, my colleagues keep pointing it out and a total stranger in a restaurant mentioned it to me the other night! I've invested in an "extra button" set for trousers (Mothercare) and a set of bra extenders (Amazon) which have made a huge difference to my comfort levels!
    I'm in maternity trousers all the time now it's so much more comfortable! My bump is still very small i think all the weight is on my bum and thighs!

Azabujuban wrote: »
    Went for my 21-week scan today. All the anatomy was fine but the sonographer said the baby was measuring small - between 19 and 20 weeks - and the femur is particularly small, below the 5th percentile. I had good results on the Harmony test so she said she wouldn't be particularly concerned, but she said they would probably want to see me for another scan in 2 weeks to check the growth rate. She went out to check with the consultant and then came back in and said the consultant would see me herself in 2 weeks. I'm trying not to worry too much as the chances are it's just a small baby, and the other measurements were within the expected range although on the small side. She also checked the blood flow between the placenta and the baby and said it was fine.

I hope the next fortnight flies by for you Azabujuban. Delighted to hear everything was looking good otherwise. Did you find out the sex?

I'm very obviously pregnant and have been in maternity jeans for the last two months so you're doing well! I am quite narrow on the waist though so it wasn't long before my regular jeans became snug. A coat is next on the list because I can no longer close my long winter coat and my shorter one is riding up in a very unflattering manner!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Hi everyone, haven't been on in awhile but glad to hear things are going well with the scans. Hopefully you'll have nothing to worry about Azer! I have mine on 10th Feb so still a bit off, consultants appointment on Fri. My only concern is movements, I'm 19 weeks 2 days and am only getting the odd flutter. I feel like I had more a couple of weeks back and thought it would be stronger by now. Are you guys getting strong movements?
    I'm in maternity wear since before Xmas, trousers and jeans from Next are good. Asos has lots on sale at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

19 weeks is still early with regards to movements, I remember a nurse asking was I feeling many kicks that it should be 10 a day or something and I actually laughed and said "eh I'm 19 weeks no I don't feel that much movement yet!" and the doctor agreed with me.

I'm 22 weeks today and have only being feeling definite movement in the last 10 days or so, before that it was only the little flutters.

I was the same, could feel lots of tickles around the 16/17 week mark. They more or less stopped then. I was a nervous wreck by the time the anomaly scan came round as I had my gp told me I should be feeling loads of movement. It's picked up a lot in the last week or so, I'm 22 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Thanks ladies, much relief! Had myself convinced something was wrong! I can't wait for the definite kicks, the more the better! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anndub, there was no need to find out the sex at the scan because we'd found out at the Harmony test - it's a girl!

I'm trying to avoid getting a maternity coat because of the cost, but my current winter coat is getting very tight and uncomfortable. I bought a light jacket in a size bigger than usual so that will do me for a while if the weather doesn't turn cold again. Otherwise I might order online from Uniqlo as the prices aren't too exorbitant.

I've been feeling lots of kicks this week - there was hardly anything up to around last week. She was kicking like mad at the scan as the sonographer repeatedly poked her with the wand to get her to move! My husband can feel them too which is really nice - it's great for him to have a way to feel connected with the baby.

• Advertisement

So three girls here so far!
    My husband hasn't really been able to feel anything yet as the kicks are quite gentle but soon I hope.

I have just over a week to go to my big scan but I have a feeling it's going to be another boy! Getting nervous about the scan now.
    I can feel lots of kicking when I put my hand on my tummy now but I remember it was much later on the first time.
    Got myself an over the bump pair of maternity skinny jeans yesterday and they are so comfy!
    Are you still sick Ann?

Still sick. If I watch what I eat it's generally fine but have yet to get any significant length of time with no quesiness. Just back from a week away which was lovely but by the Thursday the change in diet had me feeling pretty rough. You?

Not vomiting anymore but still feeling sick a fair bit, if I let myself get too hungry it's a disaster!

Yeah, same here. I think my husband was secretly driven mad by our snack stops every couple of hours last week but it's the only way!

Sorry if this has been asked before or if it's too much of a medical quiestion... I'm smothered with a head cold since Saturday has anyone any remedies to try and relieve it?

I'm drinking hot honey and lemon, and have a Vicks nasal decongestant but wondering if anyone has tried anything else to clear it and if it' s worked. Don't want to go down the road of anything with parecetomal if I can!!

Thanks a mil :)

You poor thing, it's so annoying not being able to take a lemsip! I found making a steam bath with a bowl of boiling water and a towel over my head really helped, and the honey and lemon which you're already doing. Hope you feel better soon!

SadieG wrote: »
    You poor thing, it's so annoying not being able to take a lemsip! I found making a steam bath with a bowl of boiling water and a towel over my head really helped, and the honey and lemon which you're already doing. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Sadie, I've just made a bowl of boiling water with a bit of Vicks in it to hopefully clear me for a while so I can try get to sleep... suppose I just have to let it pass even if it takes a little longer than it normally did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Thanks Sadie, I've just made a bowl of boiling water with a bit of Vicks in it to hopefully clear me for a while so I can try get to sleep... suppose I just have to let it pass even if it takes a little longer than it normally did!

Hope you feel better soon. All I took is hot lemon and honey with some ginger in it. At least made me feel like I was doing something!

Had our anomaly scan yesterday- to say I was a nervous wreck is an understatement but thankfully everything looks good. 19+6 today!

Little baba is getting so strong- kicks getting so much more regular (though they still stop on random days and give me a heart attack). Booting away right now and I can feel and see them from the outside. I'm obsessed with them- could stay awake all night just enjoying them!

• Advertisement

Congrats on the good scan Thumpette did ye find out the sex?
    This week is dragging!

Advertisement