Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

I'm due 24th June! We're Australia based so hard not having our families around and it's our first so totally out of our depth. We went looking at buggies today is it too early? We want to buy the essentials bit by bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Welcome ladies!

Wow Maryllou twins that's very exciting are these your first babies?

Premiergal this is my second but on my first I was always picking up bits as I went along so I didn't have to buy everything that the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

premiergal wrote: »
    I'm due 24th June! We're Australia based so hard not having our families around and it's our first so totally out of our depth. We went looking at buggies today is it too early? We want to buy the essentials bit by bit.

On my first I definitely had my buggy picked out early enough. I put it away in a shop, and collected it only the week or two before! I don't think it's ever too early to look at buggies!

Ya that's what I thought. They're so expensive here so I think we're going to buy second hand as I just can't justify spending more than my car costs on a buggy! We looked at bugaboo chameleon or uppababy, has anyone any feedback on these? Reviews online seem good!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Ya that's what I thought. They're so expensive here so I think we're going to buy second hand as I just can't justify spending more than my car costs on a buggy! We looked at bugaboo chameleon or uppababy, has anyone any feedback on these? Reviews online seem good!

I looked at Uppababy too! And loved it!
    But for twins, even second hand, cost an almighty fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Yeah it's my first pregnancy! So I'm learning as I go!
    Still can't believe it. I'm huge already!

quote="BriarPatch;102658674"]Welcome ladies!

Wow Maryllou twins that's very exciting are these your first babies?

Premiergal this is my second but on my first I was always picking up bits as I went along so I didn't have to buy everything that the end![/quote]

2 of my friends have the uppababy and love it, both now expecting number 2 with a short gap between babies so they are delighted it can convert to a double by adding an extra seat. They are expensive though, my first only spent 4 months in his travel system and then into an cheap umbrella stroller!

Ya I really like it as well and it folds down so small. We're flying home in mid August so I need something that's compact for that as well.

I'm looking at double buggies at the moment, and I can't make up my mind. I don't want to spend a fortune, there'll be 18 mo beteeen my two smallies, so I won't be using it for years and years, but equally I don't want some piece of crap that's hard to push!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sonya4u

Hi Guys:)

Hoping to join too, due early June and its my first so need all the advice and help that I can get, learning as I go along:P

• Advertisement

Welcome Sonya! Our little June group is getting bigger by the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sonya4u

:)It is!!! Sure isn't June a great month to have a baby:)
    Has anyone any recommendations on items that are a must buy for a first timer:PJust starting to look into it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Hi everybody, hope everyone is keeping well.

Jut wondering is anyone going through insomnia phases? Was asleep for about 11pm last night but have been awake and up and about since 4am and have a full day of work ahead of me now.... :( I'm presuming the baby is going through a bit of a growth spurt and that's affecting me but I'm super tired all I want to do is stay in bed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

RCK1406 wrote: »

Jut wondering is anyone going through insomnia phases? Was asleep for about 11pm last night but have been awake and up and about since 4am and have a full day of work ahead of me now.... :( I'm presuming the baby is going through a bit of a growth spurt and that's affecting me but I'm super tired all I want to do is stay in bed!!!

Have had this problem for about two weeks now, finding it hard to function some days as either working a 12 hour shift or running around after a toddler most days. Hoping it passes soon

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

I'm actually really relieved to hear that, I thought I was going mad! I've been struggling to sleep since Sunday. Fall asleep for an hour or two then awake for hours. Exhausted at this stage. Feeling very emotional this week too so not sure if it's a change in hormones causing both or if the lack of sleep is playing havoc with my coping mechanisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Wish I had looked at this last night for some insomnia company!! I was asleep by 10.30 but then awake from 2am right up until 20 minutes before my alarm went off (of course!!!) Similar situation the night before. Really hope it doesn't last, definitely had more caffeine than I should today as can't get any work done otherwise but I can't be doing that every day!

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm struggling to get comfortable so that definitely played a part but also seem to be getting really anxious about everything, not necessarily the baby but work things and other things going on. Presume it's a hormone overload.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one haha

I'm shattered now but I'm afraid to nap cause I might not be able to go asleep tonight and I could really do with an early night and a good night sleep!

I have a pregnancy exercise class tonight but I think I'll give it a miss, maybe take a long walk and try to get to bed early. Give myself ample hours to try and squeeze in as much sleep as possible!

anndub wrote: »
    I have a pregnancy exercise class tonight but I think I'll give it a miss, maybe take a long walk and try to get to bed early. Give myself ample hours to try and squeeze in as much sleep as possible!

What class do you do Ann? I always find it hard to sleep after exercise!
    I'm also not sleeping well but I have an awful cough and congestion so think it's more to do with that!

I do remember on my first having terrible insomnia but it was much later on after 30 weeks anyway but I was like a zombie in work!

Hi Briarpatch, it's yoga which I know will probably help my aches and pains but like yourself it'll have me energised coming home when I want to be the opposite!

• Advertisement

Hi Briarpatch, it's yoga which I know will probably help my aches and pains but like yourself it'll have me energised coming home when I want to be the opposite!

Ah yeah Im doing yoga this time too, our teacher is actually a midwife so it's very intersting as well as exercise!

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Ah yeah Im doing yoga this time too, our teacher is actually a midwife so it's very intersting as well as exercise!

I'm doing a yoga class too but for some weird reason I was wide awake after it last night usually I'm more relaxed and ready to sleep.

I'm doing a yoga class too but for some weird reason I was wide awake after it last night usually I'm more relaxed and ready to sleep.

I'm always sleepy for the relaxation part but once I'm home I'm wide awake and energised and feel like I could clean the house -not that I would!

My bump seems to have just exploded in the last week. I feel ginormous. I don't actually think I've put on that much weight, but I don't think my bump was this big at this stage of my other two pregnancies. Maybe they've got my dates wrong. I might join the April group instead of this one!

What's your due date jlm? I feel like the time is starting to speed by now!

What's your due date jlm? I feel like the time is starting to speed by now!

I'm due mid June. I've had two scans, only a few days apart and they gave two different dates a week apart, so I'm not sure exactly what my due date is!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Ladies just a little question for anyone else doing domino midwife/GP combined care...

Any appointment that I've had with my GP so far has been with the nurse in my GP surgery (who happens to be a midwife) rather than my actual GP. I've no complaints about the treatment received but it means I haven't actually seen a doctor the entire pregnancy. Should I insist next time or am I being silly?

My next appointment will be the first since my big scan where I was told about low placenta so feel like it might be nice to discuss this with a doctor? Maybe the midwife will know more about this than my GP anyway?

During my last pregnancy, I was seen by a practice nurse, as when I rang and requested a pregnancy check up this is what the surgery set up. I have changed G.P. Since due to geographical reasons. The GP only came in to do the heartbeat check. This time around I rang and asked to book a doctors appointment and was seen by one of the G.P's. She recommended I see her for all my pregnancy check ups for continuity reasons. I have a check up next week and booked it with the same GP. I am with the Domino Scheme in Waterford.

I've seen my GP at all the GP appointments but the midwife at the clinic appointments... however I've just transferred over to the domino scheme in Wicklow so don't know if this will change. Next appointment due at 28.5 weeks with the domino midwife!

• Advertisement

I have 24 week check up with GP next week, then 28 week appointment with Domino Midwife at 28 weeks.

Advertisement