Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

BriarPatch wrote: »
    You can actually apply online and attach the scanned copy! That's how I did mine!

Ooh good to know! I'll do that.

Thanks BriarPatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Anyone know the turnaround for th getting back to you?

I got a text a few weeks ago saying they had received my form and would review and be back in touch but had nothing since then. I've 5 weeks left of work before my maternity leave starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Anyone know the turnaround for th getting back to you?

I got a text a few weeks ago saying they had received my form and would review and be back in touch but had nothing since then. I've 5 weeks left of work before my maternity leave starts.

I've heard they have a big backlog at the moment, a girl in my work still hadn't heard back and she only had one week left of work!

Thank you - it was only with the

But I'm booked in for a scan on Thursday in Holles Street so will know more then I suppose. They will check the fluid levels and from what I've been told this morning it could be weekly scans and monitoring to ensure the levels don't drop any further. I have a feeling I could be brought in early to have her so she could be a May baby instead.

I've to try not to worry now over the next few days is the main thing.

Hope you're doing OK too :)
    I don't know much about this fluid levels but at least they're keeping an eye on it and you know you will be looked after!

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hope ye are all doing good! I'm 29+3 now, was doing great up until 28 weeks and then anxiety over movement has really gotten me. Been in hospital twice in the past few days worrying, including an overnight stay. They are happy that all looks good with the baby but my heart rate went to 150 and stayed there for hours so they are a bit worried about that! So grateful that this little guy is generally so active. I'm certified off work this week to try to get to know his pattern more and hopefully calm the anxiety.

Getting induced/ sectioned between 37 and hopefully 38 weeks so hopefully around 8 weeks to go. Xx
    I'm finding it hard to work out the pattern with this guy so can only imagine how you're feeling. Howe do you feel about induction/ section or will you just be delighted to have him ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Apparently there is a four week backlog with Maternity Benefit and they are prioritising in terms of when ur Maternity Leave begins rather than when they revived ur form. There is a thread about it in the Work and Jobs Section

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Anyone pa king their bags yet? I'm feeling the urge to get out the baby clothes and wash them! As if I hadn't enough washing to do!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Anyone pa king their bags yet? I'm feeling the urge to get out the baby clothes and wash them! As if I hadn't enough washing to do!

I've washed a couple of clothes that were packed away with my maternity stuff and the other day I bought a few bits for the labour bag! I don't why I'm so eager though I'm not hopeful of going early!

I've washed a couple of clothes that were packed away with my maternity stuff and the other day I bought a few bits for the labour bag! I don't why I'm so eager though I'm not hopeful of going early!

I know! I think my actual due date is a bit earlier than my official due date.... but not that much earlier!

I know! I think my actual due date is a bit earlier than my official due date.... but not that much earlier!

Did your others come on time?

• Advertisement

Did your others come on time?

I went 2-3 days over on both, but I had proper dates those times. This time I'm only going off scan dates, and I was quite late having my first scan, which makes it less accurate apparently

I put everything for the hospital into my bag last night, 33 weeks tomorrow so thought I'd better get stuff together.

I feel like I don't have enough at all I've worked off the list the hospital gives you and have more or less everything on that but just doesn't feel enough!

I put everything for the hospital into my bag last night, 33 weeks tomorrow so thought I'd better get stuff together.

I feel like I don't have enough at all I've worked off the list the hospital gives you and have more or less everything on that but just doesn't feel enough!

You'll be fine! There's nothing hard to get these days! I know last time I left a bag in my mams with spare vests, bavygros, and maternity pads, and got her to bring them in if needed (she lives nearer the Hospital than us, so it was easier for her than my oh). Also, I always tell myself there's nothing that can't be bought by someone and brought up now! Sure Tesco is 24 hr!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

RCK1406 wrote:

I pack 2 bags, one for the delivery room with change of jammies, 2 x underwear and about 6 pads for me and 2 x nappy vest and babygro for the baby. Towels, shower stuff (penneys travel bottles filled at home :) ) and phone charger.
    Then I've another bag in the boot of the car with more of everything that can be brought to the ward/room before he goes home.
    It saves minding bags until you get to the ward/room.
    If I leave more out at home then it can be brought in as I need it.
    The type of birth (and time) will determine how long you're there, straightforward, you're looking a one to two nights, section, 5 (i think)
    My last one was 9 nights due to complications. I got everything brought home washed and brought back in, but she wasn't in clothes for the first 6 days. :)
    Hope ye don't mind me in here as
    I'm more than likely looking at a June baby (that's why I lurk in here :) ) I'm due May 26th according to scan dates as I was unsure, but have a habit of going 2 weeks later, bringing me up to June 9th. So 33+5 today,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maaa

Hi everyone, i havent been on for ages.. im 30 weeks now feeling great thank god.. hands are a little sore but cant complain.. need to pack my bags might do that this weekend and have it ticked off the list of things to do..

Yeah I have everything packed for a normal non-complicated 2 night stay but if that changes himself or my Mam can always bring stuff in. There's plenty of stuff at home but just the minimum for the hospital.

I'm going to start organising her wardrobe this weekend too, it's all super real now :O

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

I've nothing packed, and to make things worse, I think I've done something to my pelvis - took the dog for a walk this morning, came home and had my breakfast, and when I got up again to head for work I could hardly walk! I've had a bit of discomfort at the top of my left leg for a couple of weeks now and couldn't stand on that leg, but today it's gone very painful, especially when I get up from sitting down. Rang the physios in Holles St. and left a message but according to their website I'll need a letter of referral from my doctor, and my next doctor's appointment isn't for two weeks. I'm raging because I've been pretty mobile up to this point and I still have loads to do - mostly in work but also in terms of getting the baby's room ready, packing my hospital bag, etc. Here's hoping it's something fixable!

kyomi wrote: »
    I've nothing packed, and to make things worse, I think I've done something to my pelvis - took the dog for a walk this morning, came home and had my breakfast, and when I got up again to head for work I could hardly walk! I've had a bit of discomfort at the top of my left leg for a couple of weeks now and couldn't stand on that leg, but today it's gone very painful, especially when I get up from sitting down. Rang the physios in Holles St. and left a message but according to their website I'll need a letter of referral from my doctor, and my next doctor's appointment isn't for two weeks. I'm raging because I've been pretty mobile up to this point and I still have loads to do - mostly in work but also in terms of getting the baby's room ready, packing my hospital bag, etc. Here's hoping it's something fixable!

If you ring your doctor, they can fax a referral to the physio. Don't wait two weeks! Hopefully it will settle down quickly! I've a small bit of pelvic girdle pain, and I hope it doesn't get any worse!! Don't worry about anything though. You can buy online. And the baby won't need a room for ages! It'll all be grand!

Thanks jlm29, I never thought of ringing the GP for a referral! Will do that.

In other news, I ordered an Uberchild Evo travel system a few weeks ago and I just got an email saying it's on its way! It's our first piece of baby equipment, so v exciting!

In other news, I ordered an Uberchild Evo travel system a few weeks ago and I just got an email saying it's on its way! It's our first piece of baby equipment, so v exciting!

That's exciting! I need to get my act together and sort out a double buggy!

• Advertisement

I just started to set mine up at the weekend and wheeled it around the back garden! Really like it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

For the pelvic girdle pain it's actually quicker just to call directly. I couldn't move for 2 weeks with it and had one session with a physio in Milltowh physio and have been so so much better since. Got an appointment the day after i called.

Thumpette wrote: »
    For the pelvic girdle pain it's actually quicker just to call directly. I couldn't move for 2 weeks with it and had one session with a physio in Milltowh physio and have been so so much better since. Got an appointment the day after i called.

Most public physio services won't see patients without a doctors referral though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Most public physio services won't see patients without a doctors referral though.

Possibly not- milltown physio is private- was around 100 for the first appointment and worth rvery cent.

Thanks all - I do have my own physio who I've been seeing for years, but I don't know how confident he would feel about treating pregnancy-related issues as the whole company is devoted to sports physiotherapy. And I'm hoping that if I have to see the physio in Holles St. it will be covered under my semi-private fee.

I actually ended up seeing a doctor at Holles St. yesterday so she's going to write me a referral for the physio - have to ring in a couple of days and see if an appointment has been made for me.

Went in for a growth scan and baby is quite small so I had to have a nonstress test, which ended up being fine. The woman who did the scan was saying I would probably end up being signed off work for at least a week to rest, which put me in a bit of a panic, but when I saw the doctor after the nonstress test she said there was no need - I have to go back every week for a Doppler to check blood flow, and have growth scans every other week from now on.

I'm glad everything seems OK but it did make me realise that I have to start winding up stuff in work soon because I might not necessarily get to stay for the five more weeks I have planned!

Thanks all - I do have my own physio who I've been seeing for years, but I don't know how confident he would feel about treating pregnancy-related issues as the whole company is devoted to sports physiotherapy. And I'm hoping that if I have to see the physio in Holles St. it will be covered under my semi-private fee.

I actually ended up seeing a doctor at Holles St. yesterday so she's going to write me a referral for the physio - have to ring in a couple of days and see if an appointment has been made for me.

Went in for a growth scan and baby is quite small so I had to have a nonstress test, which ended up being fine. The woman who did the scan was saying I would probably end up being signed off work for at least a week to rest, which put me in a bit of a panic, but when I saw the doctor after the nonstress test she said there was no need - I have to go back every week for a Doppler to check blood flow, and have growth scans every other week from now on.

I'm glad everything seems OK but it did make me realise that I have to start winding up stuff in work soon because I might not necessarily get to stay for the five more weeks I have planned!

I'm a physio myself, and I wouldn't dream of going to see any physio for pregnancy related issues, unless i knew they knew what they were at! Some private Physio's are very experienced in women's health, but not too many. Any treatment in a public hospital by a physio employed by the hospital should be free anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lucky2017

I've had a couple of rough episodes of back pain and the physio in the Coombe was a lifesaver. I'm a public patient. My GP faxed a referral and I kept the pressure on the physio dept to give me an individual appt asap - the pain was so bad I could barely walk and would just lie down and cry! When the pain came back a couple of weeks ago there was no hospital physio availability but they recommended a couple of private physios with prenatal expertise - Crumlin, Sandyford, Milltown... I paid privately and it was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lucky2017

I'm not an expert but when I was at my wits end and in agony these are things I've found that help with back pain:

A day or two of complete rest (lying down with support cushions, no lifting at all)
    Yoga poses for pregnancy hip/back pain (Google eg the pigeon pose, cat pose, squat, pelvic tilts)
    Hot water bottle if muscular (ice might be better for pelvic pain, I'm not sure)
    Supportive shoes
    Maternity support belt
    Yoga ball
    Magnesium powder supplement (prevents muscle spasm)
    Keeping hydrated
    Going to bed early and remaining horizontal for as long as possible!

Hi Ladies,

Hope all doing well- we're into the later half of April now!
    Just bumping up the list for a refresher!

Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June
    Mary Lennon - EDD 7th June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June
    Clashmore- Waterford- EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    JLM29 -16th(ish!) June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th
    Thumpette- Holles St- EDD- 23rd June
    Premiergal- Sydney- EDD 24th June
    Kyomi-?

• Advertisement

Thanks Briarpatch, I added my info to the list!

Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June
    kyomi - Holles Street - EDD 5th June
    Mary Lennon - EDD 7th June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June
    Clashmore- Waterford- EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    JLM29 -16th(ish!) June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th
    Thumpette- Holles St- EDD- 23rd June