Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

jlm29 wrote: »
    It seems as though the norm in Ireland has been to interpret the sleep regression as hunger and pack babies full of rice til they go into a food coma (or at least that's what's often been recommended to me by my in-laws!!!), but I wouldn't start solids at this stage!

My Mils previous suggestion- dissolve some rusks in his milk :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

BriarPatch wrote: »
    My Mils previous suggestion- dissolve some rusks in his milk :eek:

I know! Sure he's 16 weeks now, he must be starving!
    I've seen people start solids crazy crazy early to combat night waking - a girl i know put a video of her 11 week old eating baby rice on Facebook a while back- the child has lots of allergy and skin issues, as well as other problems, and every time she mentions them, I can't help but think that the early solids might not have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

I don't think you can really combat it- you just need to ride it out! Do you have the wonder weeks app? It's nice to know why things are happening, though it doesn't always make up for broken sleep!!! It seems to hit some kids worse than others- I don't even remember it with my oldest boy, and my June baby isn't doing too bad - although his sleep isn't as good as it was. My nearly 2 year old is only just after pulling out of the 4 month sleep regression in the last few months.
    It seems as though the norm in Ireland has been to interpret the sleep regression as hunger and pack babies full of rice til they go into a food coma (or at least that's what's often been recommended to me by my in-laws!!!), but I wouldn't start solids at this stage!

LO is 20 weeks and some people are shocked when I say she's not on solids yet!!

Yep I have that app it's been pretty accurate so far, she's due to be in a good period now which she is her humour and form is great it's just the extra wake up around 1/2 in the morning. She's still on an antibiotic till Friday which I've been told could make babies hungrier don't know how true it is but I'll just ride it out. Himself does every second night so at least I'll get sleep tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How is sleep going for people?

We had a great month, but back to feeds at 12,3 and 5 now :(

naughtb4 wrote: »
    How is sleep going for people?

We had a great month, but back to feeds at 12,3 and 5 now :(

I thought we were back on track with the one wake up, even had a full night sleep last week but last night she woke at 12,1.30,3 and then half 6 only took an oz or two and was back asleep again. Shattered now today.

Daily routines are the same, nap times are the same too not sure what else to do to help

• Advertisement

Sleep gone a bit to s**t here too, fingers crossed it will pass! The biggest issue I have is that even after a feed, I can’t get him to settle back in his cot, so he’s in the bed with me A LOT now- which is a habit I’d rather not cultivate if I can avoid it! That said, I’m getting plenty sleep, so maybe I shouldn’t complain!

We had our vaccinations on Wednesday and it wasn't as bad as the first lot! Had to postpone getting them until then because the poor little guy had a cold. My biggest issue at the moment is that he is so clingy to me, he literally cries if anyone else holds him even daddy!

Anybody any tips to aid sleep? Things seem to be gone worse here... she’ll sleep fine from 8-1am and then wakes every 2 hours sometimes the bottle won’t even settle her.

We’re currently in the middle of leap 5 so unsure if that’s having another effect on her.

She’s devouring her food, on 3 meals a day loves her fruit and veg but has gone off her milk during the day but makes up for it at night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Sonya4u

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Anybody any tips to aid sleep? Things seem to be gone worse here... she’ll sleep fine from 8-1am and then wakes every 2 hours sometimes the bottle won’t even settle her.

We’re currently in the middle of leap 5 so unsure if that’s having another effect on her.

She’s devouring her food, on 3 meals a day loves her fruit and veg but has gone off her milk during the day but makes up for it at night!!

If anyone has any tips I would be delighted to hear them too! My little boy is almost exactly the same, waking every couple of hours at night. He hasnt been well for the last couple of days I think with teething, so had gone off his feeds a little bit but seems to be settling back on them today. Hopefully this will pass soon?! :(

My lo has a bit of a head cold so is all blocked during the night so that might not be helping either but I’m stuck for new things to try I seem to have tried a lot and not much is working with her :(

• Advertisement

Hope everyone is doing good and all the babies are thriving!

I’m back to work next week and I’m an absolute wreck over it, 7 months have just flown by!

Ah best of luck with your return to work its horrible in the beginning but you'll get used to it. That's 6 months has flown in, DS is enjoying sitting up and playing with anything he can't get his hands on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hope Santa was good to all the June Babies!

Thumpette wrote: »
    Oh my god, how cute!!! So hard to believe they’re all 6 months by now!!

Thumpette wrote: »

Ah fabulous! we had an excited little elf here!

Hi all, this thread has gone very quiet the last 6 months. Hope everyone is doing good?!

Can you believe we will have 1 year olds very soon!!!!

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Hi all, this thread has gone very quiet the last 6 months. Hope everyone is doing good?!

Can you believe we will have 1 year olds very soon!!!!

I cannot believe they will be turning one next month!

Having a bit of a nightmare with sleeping for the past 3 weeks- he had been sleeping all night and now he's waking several times a night and so hard to settle,
    I thought it was more teeth but none have appeared yet, I'm exhausted!!

What a fast year! My dude has remained a bad sleeper consistently throughout the year, so I’m used to it by now!!
    I went back to work a few weeks ago, but it hasn’t knocked a feather out of him!

What a fast year! My dude has remained a bad sleeper consistently throughout the year, so I’m used to it by now!!
    I went back to work a few weeks ago, but it hasn’t knocked a feather out of him!

We are the same, once/twice a night with him

Never managed to properly wean him off the night feeds at all

Any one elses turned into an absolute terror?

Constant need to be picked up and a complete reliance on mammy? And the tantrums ......oh the tantrums

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Any one elses turned into an absolute terror?

Constant need to be picked up and a complete reliance on mammy? And the tantrums ......oh the tantrums

Yep same issue here, i thought it was because im at home with him full time so glad to hear we're not alone!!

Advertisement