Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 marylennon86

RCK1406 wrote: »
    I've literally just seen the thread and checked their website and saw the dates! I've emailed them to see if there's any chance the stock will be in before then. I've my heart set on the buggy was going to order it at the end of this month as the last time I checked they were in stock!!

I'm due June 1st so prob no hope getting it before she's here.

Don't know what to do now apart from get another travel system for much more money!

I'm in the very same situation! I rang them today and they said they won't have any in until then and that there's absolutely no other way to get one other than to wait until the preorder dates. My heart broke last night when I saw that they were out of stock it's the only buggy I've found that I actually like!

If you have a car seat you probably won't use the buggy for the first week or so after the baby gets here. Between 3-5 days in hospital, settling in time at home, establishing feeding etc

Was depending on that buggy as it comes with car seat! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

I'm in the very same situation! I rang them today and they said they won't have any in until then and that there's absolutely no other way to get one other than to wait until the preorder dates. My heart broke last night when I saw that they were out of stock it's the only buggy I've found that I actually like!

Oh noooo, I'm raging they were in stock last week!

I think the Beep twist may be similar, I know it's around similar prices. Stress of going looking for something else now... first world problems I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Oh noooo, I'm raging they were in stock last week!
    !!

Maybe it was all our talk about them on here! I think some of their stock was damaged in transit so that's probably the reason for the delay

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Maybe it was all our talk about them on here! I think some of their stock was damaged in transit so that's probably the reason for the delay

We jinxed ourselves!

Our second in line was the Beep Twist so we went to look at them today. Smyths have a really good deal on them at the moment 375 plus 90 for the isoxif plus a second colour pack for free. They've that offer on till Thursday so more than likely go for that if Uberchild will be out of stock.

• Advertisement

We jinxed ourselves!

Our second in line was the Beep Twist so we went to look at them today. Smyths have a really good deal on them at the moment 375 plus 90 for the isoxif plus a second colour pack for free. They've that offer on till Thursday so more than likely go for that if Uberchild will be out of stock.
    I actually ordered the cheaper one from uberchild the evo system but won't get it till the end of this month, I did get a car seat today from them for my older son and it looks great so far! That's quite good deal on the beep twist though!

Is anyone else feeling the tiredness coming back? I've been exhausted the past week😅

BriarPatch wrote: »
    I actually ordered the cheaper one from uberchild the evo system but won't get it till the end of this month, I did get a car seat today from them for my older son and it looks great so far! That's quite good deal on the beep twist though!

Is anyone else feeling the tiredness coming back? I've been exhausted the past week😅

I am exhausted again, sleeping from 10-7 the majority of nights.

Was at the midwife yesterday for my 28 week check up all going good so far. I mentioned to her about the tiredness setting back in again but she said it's down to the last trimester growth spurts, and extra weight etc I've found after I go for a walk my pelvis, groin and hips hurt so I'm going to see if it persists and f it does get an app with the physio.

I'm in Holles street today for my anti-d injection has anyone had this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

I've had Anti-D on all my pregnancies, I'm reshus negative. It's standard to get at 28 Weeeks, u will prob get it after birth too. Needle was big and stung while going in but only for a second.

Clashmore

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maaa

Hi everyone hope ye dont mind me joining in, just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes :( its a mind field.. looks like the last 15 weeks for me will be hungry.. anyone else going through it ?

Clashmore wrote: »
    I've had Anti-D on all my pregnancies, I'm reshus negative. It's standard to get at 28 Weeeks, u will prob get it after birth too. Needle was big and stung while going in but only for a second.

Clashmore

Same as myself... wasn't too bad felt a bit woozy after but I did get bloods taken right before so mixture of both is what the nurse put it down to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

maaa wrote: »
    Hi everyone hope ye dont mind me joining in, just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes :( its a mind field.. looks like the last 15 weeks for me will be hungry.. anyone else going through it ?

I had a gtt last week and haven't heard anything, so I assume I'm free of it. I could do with a hungry few weeks though I think, I'm positively ginormous!

lucky you jlm29 you can enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.. hopefully ill loose a few pounds now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

Hi all, the poster formerly known as Azabujuban here, I reckon I'm safe to become non-anonymous as everyone knows I'm expecting now! Glad you're all getting on well.

I had my 28-week checkup this week and all well, no sign of GD. Baby is breech but the doctor reckoned she would probably turn soon - I actually think she may have turned already as I was v uncomfortable last weekend with what I now know was her head sticking into my ribs, not feeling that as much now.

Can't believe everyone's talking about buggies etc., it really creeps up on you doesn't it! I'm totally confused about all the baby equipment and I really have to sit down and do some research soon.

Does anyone else think the weeks are flying in, I'm 29 weeks tomorrow so 9 weeks left in work I can't really believe it!

I feel totally unorganised. I think I need a few hours to go through everything I have and start organising everything. At what point do you get the hospital bags ready cause I'd imagine that's next to do :O

Does anyone else think the weeks are flying in, I'm 29 weeks tomorrow so 9 weeks left in work I can't really believe it!

I feel totally unorganised. I think I need a few hours to go through everything I have and start organising everything. At what point do you get the hospital bags ready cause I'd imagine that's next to do :O

I was only thinking this today. I'm 27 or 28 weeks Friday, depending on which scan date I go by. I intend to work to 38 weeks, but I consider 36 acceptable if I'm under pressure, so that's only 8-9 weeks away, yikes! I'll pack my bag around 32 weeks! To be fair, I have a lot of what I need for it.

Hi girls, im 26 weeks think i have most of my bits bought just need to get it all organised.. I buy things a dump them all in the spare room or now babys room eeeeekkkkk so excited.. quick question.. are all baby bottle sterilisers for the microwave the same size ?? looks like i might need to change my microwave !!!! i bought the tommie tippee steriliser it fits width wise but not hight wise unless i take out the glass plate in the microwave

maaa wrote: »
    Hi girls, im 26 weeks think i have most of my bits bought just need to get it all organised.. I buy things a dump them all in the spare room or now babys room eeeeekkkkk so excited.. quick question.. are all baby bottle sterilisers for the microwave the same size ?? looks like i might need to change my microwave !!!! i bought the tommie tippee steriliser it fits width wise but not hight wise unless i take out the glass plate in the microwave

I don't know, my steriliser from the last one is still in the box, I never used it at all. You can get really handy steriliser bags for the microwave too though, they'd only fit one bottle, but they're useful if you get stuck, or are away from home!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

Anyone else feeling incredibly tired again? I could happily nap the day away.

anndub wrote: »

I'm so tired it's really making me feel very sick again and I was over the worst of that!

I can't stay awake past 10pm anymore... was asleep before 10 last night and slept through till 9:30 this morning bar a trip to the loo at about 3am. I'm trying not to nap during the day I'd rather get to sleep early at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

I'm back to the early night's too. Finding work stressful as the handover process could be running smoother so I think that's adding to it

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sonya4u

Ya im totally wrecked again the last couple of weeks too. Up for work at 5am in the mornings too so don't think that's helping matters :sleeping:

I was full of beans all weekend. Back in work today and I'm wrecked. Maybe I need to ease up on the floor washing!

I'm back to the early night's too. Finding work stressful as the handover process could be running smoother so I think that's adding to it

My job don't seem pushed about starting the handover period, they don't even know who is going to be replacing me. I'm getting so stressed and anxious about it cause I've only 8 weeks of work left max. So that stress isn't helping either

Is anyone going to the SMA baby fair on the 1st of April or have you been before? Is it worth going?

I was there a few years ago before having my first, picked up some freebies. It's good if you haven't yet bought the big things like car seats, buggies etc as a lot of the nursery shops are there doing demos and deals on the day. Also picked up some smaller items like bouncer and toys discounted on the day.

Is anyone going to the SMA baby fair on the 1st of April or have you been before? Is it worth going?

@marylennon, you can get free tickets to the baby fair if you register with SMA baby club if you are still interested in going.

Clashmore

So went for a 3D scan today but baby is still breech so couldn't get the best view of her... does anyone have any ideas or recommendations to try to get her moving and head down?

I have some yoga/yoga ball excercises I can do but just wondering if anyone has done anything else that's worked for them?

Also, based on measurements and baby weight I'm measuring a week ahead but both of us are about 5ft10 so I'd imagine she will be quite long!!

So went for a 3D scan today but baby is still breech so couldn't get the best view of her... does anyone have any ideas or recommendations to try to get her moving and head down?

I have some yoga/yoga ball excercises I can do but just wondering if anyone has done anything else that's worked for them?

Also, based on measurements and baby weight I'm measuring a week ahead but both of us are about 5ft10 so I'd imagine she will be quite long!!

Have a look at the spinning babies website, there's a few exercises on it that you can be doing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

jlm29 wrote:
    Have a look at the spinning babies website, there's a few exercises on it that you can be doing!

This is great , I had a look at this, I'm due end of May but baby is still head up. He'll likely be a June baby as they've said they'll allow me go 2 weeks over (I've gone late with all my others) Not a problem for a few weeks but I'm not taking any chances :)

Advertisement