Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Hi everyone! Hope all well. I'm back to work tomorrow after a week off, the struggle is real!!! 6 weeks to go, it seems like very little, but it also seems like an age right now!
    Just got down the boxes of baby clothes, must wash them at the weekend and pack my bag. I'm also in the process of evicting my one year old from our bed to make room for the next one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Sonya4u

kyomi wrote: »
    Thanks Briarpatch, I added my info to the list!

Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June
    kyomi - Holles Street - EDD 5th June
    Mary Lennon - EDD 7th June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June
    Clashmore- Waterford- EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    JLM29 -16th(ish!) June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th
    Thumpette- Holles St- EDD- 23rd June
    Premiergal- Sydney- EDD 24th June
    Sonya4u - Wexford - EDD 9th June :) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Love seeing the December thread on here! Makes me realise we are in the final stretch! Hoping to push for an induction/ section date at my appointment this week- will be great to have a date to work towards. Had another stay in hospital with anxiety over movement on Thursday night- feeling a lot calmer and happier with movements since. Had a lovely Accupuncture session too so going to try those weekly now in my 6/7 week countdown.

Getting there ladies! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Thumpette wrote: »
    Love seeing the December thread on here! Makes me realise we are in the final stretch! Hoping to push for an induction/ section date at my appointment this week- will be great to have a date to work towards. Had another stay in hospital with anxiety over movement on Thursday night- feeling a lot calmer and happier with movements since. Had a lovely Accupuncture session too so going to try those weekly now in my 6/7 week countdown.

Getting there ladies! 😊

We must be all into single digits weeks now right!

Is acupunture relaxing? Its sounds horrible to me! But I've heard good things about it and reflexology!

I read your post Thumpette about induction and section, I was induced and ended up having an emergency section and it didn't affect breastfeeding at all so don't worry so much about that. Will the choice be yours? I've been offered an elective section this time but holding out for a vaginal birth at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

5 1/2 weeks left till my due date :O feel like time has flown so hoping it doesn't slow down in the final stretch.

Midwife app tomorrow who will prob book me in to the breach dept for an appointment in 2 weeks time to hopefully try and turn her if she doesn't go herself, she's still way too comfy where she is!! Think I made a wrong decision and started youtubing doctors turning babies, and then watching c sections!!!

Hope everyone is feeling well :):)

• Advertisement

My official due date is 7 weeks from Friday, but most of my scans have put my date a week earlier, so in my head it's only 6! Baby is still a giant though, I'm a small bit concerned about getting baby out, though I shouldn't be really, apparently I do that quite well (doctors words, not mine!!).
    I cannot wait to finish up at work! That said, when I'm at home, all I can see are things I want to do, but know I can't really.

BriarPatch wrote: »
    We must be all into single digits weeks now right!

Is acupunture relaxing? Its sounds horrible to me! But I've heard good things about it and reflexology!

I read your post Thumpette about induction and section, I was induced and ended up having an emergency section and it didn't affect breastfeeding at all so don't worry so much about that. Will the choice be yours? I've been offered an elective section this time but holding out for a vaginal birth at the moment!

I find Accupuncture incredibly relaxing. I've had it with 3 different therapists though and this one is miles better than the others. She is so warm and caring- like a therapy session! Needles don't hurt at all though.

Thanks for the feedback re section. They are pushing for induction but also pushing for 39 weeks. I know I won't make 39 though so I'm thinking induction at 37 is asked for an emergency section (though I know a lot of people who've successfully done it)

I think if I really want a section they will let me buy at the minute I'm torn, hoping to have a very frank conversation with my consultant.

Got my letter today from the revenue confirming my first payment is due the 22nd May so hoping that will be the case one less thing to worry. Took 6 weeks from when I got the text to say they received my application to getting the letter today.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Got my letter today from the revenue confirming my first payment is due the 22nd May so hoping that will be the case one less thing to worry. Took 6 weeks from when I got the text to say they received my application to getting the letter today.

Eek I only got my text yesterday and due to finish in 5 weeks, fingers crossed!

On a seperate note has anyone done the antenatal classes through Domino Holles Street before? I'm booked in for this evening and just realised that I don't know where they're held, can't get through to them on the phone this morning.

I'm certified off until the start of my mat leave now so that's me!

Find myself a lot less anxious when I'm relaxed at home focusing on movement.

Consultant started talking 37 weeks for the first time yesterday (she'd been saying 39 before). Would love to get to 38 if everything is going well but hopefully only another 6ish weeks left.

• Advertisement

I'm certified off until the start of my mat leave now so that's me!

Find myself a lot less anxious when I'm relaxed at home focusing on movement.

Consultant started talking 37 weeks for the first time yesterday (she'd been saying 39 before). Would love to get to 38 if everything is going well but hopefully only another 6ish weeks left.

Rest up and enjoy it Thumpette! I'm counting the weeks until I finish up. I cannot wait to have a day (or a week) on the couch watching DVDs!!! There's plenty to do at home too though! All I can see are weeds growing in the garden, I need to find someone who will pull them for me, before they drive me cracked altogether!!!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Rest up and enjoy it Thumpette! I'm counting the weeks until I finish up. I cannot wait to have a day (or a week) on the couch watching DVDs!!! There's plenty to do at home too though! All I can see are weeds growing in the garden, I need to find someone who will pull them for me, before they drive me cracked altogether!!!

I'm waiting for some nesting instinct energy to overcome me any day now!

3 weeks tomorrow I'm due to finish in work and have a feeling it will be the longest 3 weeks ever. I'm already doing very little in work at the moment so need to try keep myself busy.

Going through another stage of insomnia at the moment baby is super active during the night too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

I'm due to finish in 5 weeks and had thought I might take holidays and go a week earlier. But Boss asked me today if I could stay on a couple of days longer than planned.

Considering I'm due to finish on 2nd and due on the 12th I think they're squeezing enough out of me already and said no. I mean if I came in on Monday 5th which they want I'd be 39 weeks!!!

Im annoyed now that they put me in the position and asked at all, and now feel like I can't take that weeks holiday to finish 26th like planned, this was always an option discussed with them since I originally set the dates, we always said it we'd see how I got on.

Sorry vent over!

SadieG wrote: »
    I'm due to finish in 5 weeks and had thought I might take holidays and go a week earlier. But Boss asked me today if I could stay on a couple of days longer than planned.

Considering I'm due to finish on 2nd and due on the 12th I think they're squeezing enough out of me already and said no. I mean if I came in on Monday 5th which they want I'd be 39 weeks!!!

Im annoyed now that they put me in the position and asked at all, and now feel like I can't take that weeks holiday to finish 26th like planned, this was always an option discussed with them since I originally set the dates, we always said it we'd see how I got on.

Sorry vent over!

That's such bad form of them to ask you, well done for saying no! I'm supposed to finish the 2nd too, with a due date of the 16th, but I think I'm probably a week further along than that, so I told my boss today not to bank on me being there for at least the last week of that. I can't see me making it!

Apologies if this sounds like a silly question (blame the baby brain and insomnia!)... is there much difference between size 1 & 2 newborn nappies I have both but don't know what to bring to the hospital with me... I know it's based on the size of the baby but do I bring some of both to the hospital?

I'm repacking my hospital back for the 5th time today and it's something that I just thought of!

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Apologies if this sounds like a silly question (blame the baby brain and insomnia!)... is there much difference between size 1 & 2 newborn nappies I have both but don't know what to bring to the hospital with me... I know it's based on the size of the baby but do I bring some of both to the hospital?

I'm repacking my hospital back for the 5th time today and it's something that I just thought of!

I think I went straight for size 2 on both of mine (9lb). Someone did buy me a pack of size one on one of mine, and they fit fine for the first couple of weeks. Unless you're expecting a whopper, the size one will prob be fine!

I have size 1 for the hospital -packet says it for up to 11lbs so fingers crossed he won't be bigger than that! 1st of may today ladies we are having babies next month! And some lucky ladies might have them this month!

Eeek! Next month! Imagine! Only a few weeks left in work. Im so frickin excited about having time to give to house a good scrub!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

Well, we had an eventful week... was admitted to Holles St. with high blood pressure last Friday, released on Saturday, then back in on Tuesday when it was diagnosed as pre-eclampsia. Baby was delivered by C section early Wednesday morning at 35+2!

She only had to spend one day in the high dependency unit before being moved to the special care unit and is doing ok now - and of course she's absolutely perfect despite being tiny (just over 4 lb).

Its so hard to get my head around the fact that she's really here! This time last weekend I was planning on still having another month to go. Luckily we had a lot of stuff bought over the last couple of weeks but there's still a good few things to get before she comes home so it'll be a bit of a scramble!

• Advertisement

Wow I can't believe the first June baby has arrived already! Massive congrats! Delighted she's doing so well, hope you are recovering well from the section kyomi x

Congrats! I can only imagine the shock, I can't imagine baby arriving now, Rather than in another 5 weeks, but so glad to hear all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

kyomi wrote:
    Well, we had an eventful week... was admitted to Holles St. with high blood pressure last Friday, released on Saturday, then back in on Tuesday when it was diagnosed as pre-eclampsia. Baby was delivered by C section early Wednesday morning at 35+2!

Congratulations! I was due end of May but baba arrived at 34+4 weighing in at 4lbs 6ozs! So I know where you head is at the moment! I should be 37 weeks now.
    Take all the sleep you can get now! You'll be well healed by the time she gets home. And some earphones help with all the beeping in scbu.. :D

No wonder this thread is a bit quiet! Everyone is busy having babies! Congrats

cbyrd wrote: »
    Congratulations! I was due end of May but baba arrived at 34+4 weighing in at 4lbs 6ozs! So I know where you head is at the moment! I should be 37 weeks now.
    Take all the sleep you can get now! You'll be well healed by the time she gets home. And some earphones help with all the beeping in scbu.. :D
    Ah congrats cbyrd! And you thought you'd end up in June! I feel like i should really get my bags sorted now!

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Ah congrats cbyrd! And you thought you'd end up in June! I feel like i should really get my bags sorted now!

I came home today looking very flushed, and my mother told me I better go home and pack my bag! I must organise them tomorrow, though I'd say there isn't a hope I'll go early!

Congrats kyomi and cbyrd. Delighted the babas are here safe xx

I'm started clothes washing and bag packing today. Serious nesting instinct without the energy to do much so I've been making lists!

Yesterday I completely forgot how to drive! Forgot which pedal did which! Took me a good 5 mins to remember!

33 +2 today, baby is still breech. Will be induced/ sectioned in about 4 weeks so it'll be interesting to see if he makes a move. He's very busy today though so maybe he's on the move!

Congrats kyomi and cbyrd. Delighted the babas are here safe xx

I'm started clothes washing and bag packing today. Serious nesting instinct without the energy to do much so I've been making lists!

Yesterday I completely forgot how to drive! Forgot which pedal did which! Took me a good 5 mins to remember!

33 +2 today, baby is still breech. Will be induced/ sectioned in about 4 weeks so it'll be interesting to see if he makes a move. He's very busy today though so maybe he's on the move!

It's crazy what pregnancy does to our brains! I sat at the car park barrier in work one day last week wondering how to get in!!! I'm sure all the cars behind me were very impressed!
    I think my baby has turned in the last week or so. I seem to have a bit more space in my clothes, so my bump has obviously dropped a bit, and I can feel more movement up high than I can down in my pelvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

Thanks all, and congratulations cbyrd - glad to hear your baby is ok too.

I'm supposed to be going home tomorrow so I'll be getting some rest in before baby arrives home, as everyone advises! Can't really do housework anyway as I'm still a bit sore after the op. It's lovely to be here and visit the special care unit whenever I like, but it is quite noisy at night and they wake me at 2 and 6 am to take my blood pressure, so it'll be a relief to get some proper rest.

• Advertisement

I'm full of lists and seriously lacking in energy even if I have a great nights sleep I'll be wrecked after being up for an hour or 2!
    Checked my online welfare account and realised Ive actually been approved weeks ago for my maternity so relieved to know that!

Advertisement